Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Delterius

Arcane

That place is a fucking GOLD MINE!!
tumblr_n8iismlUpc1re1sgdo1_1280.png

tumblr_n86avpuCYw1re1sgdo1_1280.png

It was nice of them to let the kids tour Kotaku offices

Seriously, visit the link.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Review of Video Games: The Movie – The Perfect Movie for People Who Want to Hate Video Games
BY JACK · JULY 16, 2014

I thought this movie would be a celebration of the video game industry. It would provide insights into game design and provide enlightening interviews with industry professionals. But like all great movies, there’s always a twist.Play4Real disclaimer: We almost fired Jack for this review due to him not maintaining the high standards we set at Play4Real. Please read at your discretion.

Everything I say in this review is absolutely true. If you really want to dispute anything I said about this film, go and watch it yourself. But I don’t recommend it because this review/summary is all you need.

The film starts off by asking some video game industry professionals like Wil Wheaton, Hideo Kojima, and Max Landis about what they think video games will become in the future. And they start off strong with a quote from Gandhi. This sets the tone for the entire film because when I think video games, I think Gandhi.

And then they start covering the worst possible parts of the video game industry in an effort to make you hate everything about video games. There are a lot of interviews with celebrities and people who have never made a game before. But you know what? That shows you what people actually care about in the video game industry. Celebrities, not people who actually make the games.

But they don’t just get celebrities, they get important people like marketers, GameStop, and EEDAR. They absolutely chose the best people to represent quite possibly the worst parts of video games. And my favorite part was the music video where they covered PC gaming and then never explained what that segment was or brought it up again.

There’s even a paid advertisement for “The Cloud.” It didn’t say it was paid, but it sure felt like it with Phil Spencer telling me how great it would be for the Xbox One. And after watching this film, I now know that video games are art. Some guy quotes Phil Fish seriously and says that video games are the culmination of every form of art and expression that mankind has ever had.
thegaikaipersonwastheretoofyi.jpg

They also spent a lot of time talking about how storytelling in video games separates old games from the new ones. Later on, someone said that timing was everything in old video games which is why it was so hard to beat levels. Now games are better because gamers have the freedom to beat bosses however they want. I don’t know who that person was or how that opinion makes sense, but I don’t know why I’m watching this anymore.

They even jump to some weird conclusion about how Mario saved gaming, not because Nintendo’s games were actually good, but because people wanted to play as a character and not as a ship. It was “immersion” that Nintendo pioneered. And children are the future of video games. I don’t know what the point of that segment was, but I don’t care to analyze it any further because I’m mad.

And if this review/summary/whatever seems a little disjointed, so was the film. It went back and forth on the timeline so much you thought Kojima gave them advice on how to produce it. There’s a five minute segment about how video game violence isn’t bad and then they just talked a lot more about how storytelling in video games is truly the future. And the future is also apparently virtual reality according to some guy who invented this.

I truly hate video games now. I really do. This film made me want to quit writing for this site altogether. This is how it ended in the last five seconds.

I’m done.

Top fucking kek

Cadmus

Arcane
wat teh fick
nooo, nathan, dont do this

somebody give this guy something useful to do than to whore himself on shit like Castle

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Seriously, visit the link.

I knew that those sites were bad, but after couple pages of reading I'm done. Two phrase news, catering to SJW while posting anime boobs, Titanfall ads on pages while giving 10 in the review, making news about memes\films\tumblr gifs\whatever. And all those "journalists", narcistic little bitches who pat on the back each other and feel so good about their profession.

tumblr_n5h7q3hIFG1re1sgdo1_500.png

finally an article that sums up kotaku

At least sometimes it wasy funny.

Dr Tomo

Learned
0gD6j4l.png

2014-07-28_21-59-01.png

So Garry Newman has come out to explain to people who seems to be misunderstanding how Facepunch studios are spending their resources. Nothing wrong with having a development speed similar to Day Z.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Number 47 could make for a great 'terminator-esque' antagonist.
He reminds me of Golgo 13: as a protagonist in a film he's dull-as-dishwater, as a reactionary character (i.e. someone who revolves around the actual protagonist) or an antagonist, he'd be really effective.

Dr Tomo

Learned
I don't understand this fucking chart.

From the shit storm, I understood it as they do have lots of people working on the game even though development is now mimicking Day Z when it comes to updates. People are upset that the game is still unfinished and that other games are being prototyped instead of finishing Rust. Last I heard Rust had to be redone just like Day Z because things weren't working out with the current code or something.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/299700/discussions/0/37470848695129642/

OP said:
I saw it, its free to play, looked fun.. then I installed it, but I didnt want to accept the TOS and so decided to get rid of the game again before even starting it once. BUT.. I cant find a DEINSTALL option in steam... so if someone knows HOW to deinstall it right, please tell me asap.

:D Didnt want to accept TOS? ..its like a bog standard one, how do you use anything if you wont accept them? how you even using steam its almost the same?

OP said:
I guess the idea of a game that states to be "do as you wish" as face of mankind does praise itself... and then seeing restrictions on verbal (typed) communications WHILE the game actualy would allow killing another, made it hipocrisy. once a game allows killing another player or even npc, all morals and "civilised rules of conduct" are void and dead already because if one can kill something then theres no holding back on anything, as murder IS even the damn bibles and also any lawbooks WORST crime. and when youre an "outlaw" anyway, it doesnt matter if youre a whoring drinking lying basterd with the vocabulary of a irish dockworker... youre as low morally as you ever will be after the first kill.

Yeah, this is a game. You are free to insult and harass people as much as you want within a game context when you start to attack people outside of the game or make it impossible to play the game without being demeaned it is THEN against the rules. This is expressly stated and completely understandable. Killing in a game does not make someone less moral in their life.

You are using a GAME to champion your own ♥♥♥♥ed up beliefs. Learn some respect for others and keep what YOU believe to YOURSELF. Anyway, Bye bye now troll, good luck.

OP said:
indeed its proven games do program people, teens too are literally programmed to "assasins" some say by them.. while I dont believe most are so unstable as to be programmed by a game, its a hard fact that whatever one would do in a game by free will IS part of his personality and so of his possible "behavior" in real life. basicaly anyone is a latent killer, as are most animals out of sheer neccesity. the only point this whole thing here is making IS that... TOS and any other such nonsensical rules generaly in web or elsewhere play up a nice safe world, which is a lie.. like so much else. also at least the ones providing and MAKING games should have the dignity to throw out morals and false "good behavior" and simply admit, that "yes, humans are brutal greedy basterds, thats our all nature" and not try to make a nice figure by some irrational rules while they literaly put a gun in peoples hands, even in a game. either NO violence and no bad behavior, thats civilisation. OR anarchy, then all laws are dead and anyone can do as they want. but both together simply dont mix.

:lol:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Because it was a joke in the Project 6014 demo. She's the commander of the Syreen starbase now that Talana is occupied elsewhere.

Last I heard it's doubtful that she'll make it into the final game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom