Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Astral Rag

Arcane
pl4TXvn.jpg

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/acpreport/discussions/3/405692758713532376/

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
http://www.gamewatcher.com/news/2016-02-03-report-spintires-developer-sabotaged-his-own-game

Report: SpinTires developer sabotaged his own game
5 hours ago | 1 comment | By JAFalcon

A controversy is starting to brew as it seems publisher Oovee is accusing SpinTires developer Pavel Zagrebelnyj of sabotaging his own racing simulation game with "time bombs" and other deliberate bugs.

The evidence was uncovered by NeoGAF user "Enter the Dragon Punch" in a post, who listed several sources with complaints by the publisher, including an incident reported by Reddit that Zagrebelnyj added "code segments that make the game crash or stuff not work with set timers/dates, to f--- with oovee". It was discovered by a gamer who hacked the game, found the "time bombs", and posted a fix for it while warning everyone about the sabotage.

The entire mess started when Zagrebelnyj demanded more money from Oovee, which refused and told the developer that they would only speak to him through their lawyers. He claimed on a Russian social networking site that the publisher took the money and ran, stating "Sad news... just seemed like the development process started, I almost finished my map and tools to develop mods (free upgrade)... as our Englishmen from oovee together with the loot disappeared. I don't have permissions to upload the update to Steam. So now I'll complete and release map editor, in the version it is now, and this will be end of Spintires."

Oovee responded, "Unfortunately there have been some communication issues recently which appear to have lead to this post being made by Pavel on the Russian forum. Oovee has not been notified of any contract terminations or anything of that matter - a discussion will be held on the subject to rectify any misunderstandings."

With Zagrebelnyj sabotaging his own game, it seems that he's dragged gamers who purchased the game into the squabble, which doesn't seem to be anywhere close to being resolved; just the contrary, it seems to be getting uglier and messier.

e. Game has been pulled from Steam.
http://www.pcgamesn.com/spintires/s...ame-is-now-unplayable-without-community-fixes
Update 2 Mar, 2016: Spintires has been pulled from Steam. The page is still visible, but you can no longer buy, add it to your wishlist or follow the game. This follows a communication breakdown between publisher and developer which culminated with the developer purposely sabotaging their own game.

e2. http://www.gamewatcher.com/news/201...laims-of-sabotage-and-crashes-have-been-fixed

Last edited:

A user named cat

Hotline Miami's soundtrack is top notch and I don't even really like electronic music.
You know that there's plenty electronic retro music out there that's just as good if not better. Hardly any of it is as great as actual synth instrumentals that were being churned out in the 80's but some comes pretty close. This guy makes awesome videos for them using old movie clips.

https://www.youtube.com/user/neros77/videos

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Truly, it is a passion project. Which is why I would never like to meet the developer in real life, if you catch my drift.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
A video of a 3D fan remake? Hoo boy I can smell the C&D from here.

The game, mechanically, looks pretty bad too. The animations are stiff, action is pretty slow, it feels like what Microsoft would do for a Metroid remake imo. If they stuck to 3D, anyway.

EDIT: Oh, wait, is this just an animation or something?

A user named cat

I think it's just a one man personal project and this is as complete as it'll be. He mentions in the comments that this was his first attempt at 3D modeling too, so that would explain the animations. Still it's pretty impressive and it's always interesting to see ports of classic games in different perspectives.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom