Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Cassidy

Arcane
A "game" about biological cancer that is part of a creative cancer that is killing an once great and potential independent gaming industry. It's like a cancer within a cancer within a cancer.

Lord Romulus

Arcane
Didn't those Dragon Cancer devs say that they were donating a sizable chunk of their profits to cancer charities? How could they complain about not making ends meet it they were giving away so much money? How much did they think they were going to make in sales from a 2 hour movie about cancer?

A user named cat

A game centered around cancer is about as appealing as Wall Street Kid for NES or Campaign '84 for Colecovision. Fucking hipsters and sympathy rapists.

pjChRqa.jpg

Grimlorn

Arcane
Did his kid really die from cancer and this guy tried to make money off of it? Could kind of understand if he had cancer and survived or his kid survived, but this is tasteless as Hell.

Is it really just mostly cutscenes? Little to no gameplay?

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Fun fact: Some years ago me and a few friends of mine made a trip to mainland Europe to meet up with a friend of ours that was getting married to one of 'the locals' (her being pregnant may have played into his decision). We wanted to meet the bride-to-be and get to know her, so upon arrival we sort of 'surrendered' the program of the holiday/trip to her.

While she did give some good pointers about clubs and bars and sights to see in the neighbourhood (and we did explore those pointers) there did come a time when we all sat down with her in front of the TV so she could catch her 'daily regiment' of soap operas. We all sat down 15 minutes early in front of the telly and we caught the ass-end of some home renovation show, and one particular scene showed off the results of how a paint job can 'invigorate' a home, including a wide shot of a bare wall.

I just stated the obvious: "Yes, let's travel 1000 miles to watch paint dry on the telly!" before walking out, heading for the local pub she did kindly give us directions to to upon our arrival, feeling disgusted about our time being wasted on trivial nonsense. I was not surprised to be joined by my companions shortly afterwards, and that day in particular was kinda wasted overall (not that it was unpleasant).

But looking back and knowing that the marriage lasted barely over 2 years, I don't feel any regrets for pissing her off for all time back then.

Thanks for reminding me of this, latest 'non-game' on Steam trying to make money off of absolutely nothing. :roll:

Space Insect

Arcane
How do these games even get on steam? I can see them being random flash games on the internet, but on Steam? Have we no standards?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom