Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Caim

Arcane
Weren't Haunted House and the new Alone in the Dark spectacularly shitty games? Wouldn't it be better to have a few sturdy tent poples rather than dozens of rotten ones that can collapse at any moment?

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Interview with a licensing mill: http://www.pcgamesn.com/rollercoaster-tycoon-world/atari-interview

You might feel a little bit dirty after reading it.

We’re going to announce something big in the music space very soon. Let’s see how our people and our fans react to that, but I think it’s a very good idea.

This sets off so many alarms in my head, but I can't point to any reason why.
because it is atari

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Interview with a licensing mill: http://www.pcgamesn.com/rollercoaster-tycoon-world/atari-interview

You might feel a little bit dirty after reading it.

“We have the IP,” Chesnais booms in a thick French accent.

13163.jpg

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
If nothing else atleast she admits it, most reviewers talk about how big fans of the originals they are, how new game evolved for the better and yet they have as much of experience as she if not less.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
It's an old practice. I still remember reviews about talking LSL5 as "the fifth game in the series" and Ultima IX as the "Ninth game". You can practically stop reading at that point.

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
Has game journalism ever taken seriously?

Inviato dal mio A0001 utilizzando Tapatalk

Well I don't know how old you are but I do remember The Games Machine being kinda serious back in the '90s, granted they had their share of weird shit but still it was leagues above the shit that is being spewn nowadays.

pippin

As any kind of journalism, games journalism was always corrupt. It was just a different kind of corruption back then.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Veterinary nurse Lucy Kells said: ‘The gull is doing great now – he still smells a little of curry, but he is now much whiter.'

:incloosive:

That sentence right there. :lol:

If you felt the earth vibrate, that's 1000s of landwhales being triggered at once.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom