Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

pippin

veskoandroid

Educated
1f695a5d92243ec22dd99588aa13d09c9c84010e

The codex can organise a fundraiser for the crucial ingredient?
Sooooo... It tried them? Its EATING them? Are you a caniball if you eat yourself or just environmentalist and animal lover?

Or a coocoo?

Sent from my Xperia ZR using Tapatalk

Gerrard

Arcane

Can someone explain what the drama is with this trailer? 3 million dislikes, the second most disliked video on youtube apparently.

CoDtards.

They showed the game at E3 and everyone was cheering until the title actually appeared on screen. It was hilarious.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
The Ultima Fan community is the most cringe worthy of fan communities. FFS. Between this and the guys trying to acquire items from RG's wedding.

also this

5ffGzX7.png

What the fuck.

Cadmus

Arcane

Man this is so cool! I had no idea about any of that!
From the video, Driver 3 also looks much better than GTA 3, with better damage models and care models. I only ever played Driver 1 and it was great as far as I recall.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
It looked great, but I recall the first two missions being just bullshit levels of unforgivingly hard, enough to turn me off of the rest of it. It was almost as bad as that one mission in Vice City where you had to race that fat ginger guy to get him to be your getaway driver.

tormund

Arcane

Fun fact: Babel Media, company hat was mentioned in that video (shilling/astroturfing "experts"), is still in business and is actually p big deal.
Their list of clients is interesting to say the least http://www.babelmedia.com/client/

It's also scary to think that, so many years later, mentions of that scandal still keep being deleted from wikipedia every now and then. (take a look at the history of Driver 3's wiki page, mentions of "Driv3rgate" are prone to being removed and labeled as "conspiratorial ramblings" no matter what sources are cited)

Last edited:

Astral Rag

Arcane
UPDATE 10th JULY: The blood reliquaries have been pulled from eBay. There's no trace of them nor any specific reason they were removed, although as Kotaku pointed out, selling blood is against eBay rules under the 'Human remains and body parts policy', which sounds wonderfully grisly.

Nevertheless, the blood reliquaries have not disappeared. They are now for sale on the Shroud of the Avatar store - and three out of five have sold!

Of the three that sold, two contained Richard 'Lord British' Garriot's blood and one contained executive producer Starr 'Darkstarr' Long's blood (who is a famed veteran developer that was also instrumental in making Ultima Online happen).

The cheapest you can buy the blood reliquary bundles is $6000. Two were sold for $6000 and one at $8000, and 10 per cent of the sale price goes to charity. Those are eye-watering figures but they're nothing new to Shroud of the Avatar, which has a property market already commanding thousands of dollars - something I looked into earlier this year. It's worth pointing out, too, that the reliquary purchases come with much more than the art pieces containing the two men's blood.

There's a studio tour thrown in, plus lots of valuable in-game loot, such as a property deed to a castle in a player-owned town as well as exclusive blood fountains, decorations, elemental pets, emotes, cloaks - even the brilliant option to have the water in your player-owned town turn blood red. There's a heap more stuff in the Lord British Blood Reliquary Bundle besides.

Shroud of the Avatar is approaching its final server wipe, which happens 28th July. Characters and property will per persistent from that point on, so the fight for ideal housing locations will begin. Shroud of the Avatar as a game will remain in Early Access, though, because 'final wipe' does not mean 'launch'. "Launch will be when we pull the game out of Early Access and we start marketing / public relation campaigns to pull in new customers," wrote Starr Long in an update on the game's website. "We have no plans to do those things in July."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-08-richard-garriott-selling-vials-of-his-blood-on-ebay

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom