Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Astral Rag

Arcane
For the declinefag who has everything:

Microsoft announces official Xbox Onesie

First there was Xbox One. Now, there's Xbox Onesie.

Sure, you can play games on your Xbox One. But does it have pockets? Does it have a hood? Can it keep you warm? (Actually, yes my Xbox can get pretty warm but you'd have to hug it and it has kind of sharp corners so this probably isn't a great idea).

Enter the Xbox Onesie.

Microsoft has created this official branded all-in-one outfit just for you - yes you - to lounge on your sofa and eat pizza in. Or, if you're one of the models below, to stand/sit/pretend to play games in an absolutely realistic way.

Here's the rundown of all the special features: large pockets for your Xbox pad and Media Remote, arm pouch for your mobile, rollable arms/legs if things get sweaty, "forearm grips", extra-large hood to hide your shame.

You can even get your Gamertag embroidered on, for the unlikely situation where more than one person in a household has one and you need to tell the difference from something other than the stains.

147194511967.png

microsoft-announces-official-xbox-onesie-147194513839.png

microsoft-announces-official-xbox-onesie-147194516924.png

microsoft-announces-official-xbox-onesie-147194515455.png

Last edited:

Tehdagah

Arcane

This thing's really coming together. The man has a real passion for buxom underage girls with very visible underwear getting brutally dismembered, tortured and abused.

i used to hang out on his site and watch his streams. he used to rage so hard, lol, I remember once he tore the Prince of Persia: Sands of Time disc out of his xbox and slashed it up with a kitchen knife. Everyone in the chat laughed at him because it was the third fight in the game and he couldnt beat it, so he threw a massive fucking hissyfit and banned anyone who typed.

Then when Assassin's Creed 2 came out, he got it early, and was playing it, and he spent like...two hours....? Trying to climb a wall that wasn't climbable and screaming at the game, so I typed "holy shit Eva stop being such a fucking dumb fuck and show us the rest of the game", and he actually came on cam with his ugly rat face to "blow me the fuck out" and ranted at me for like 20 minutes despite not knowing me at all and then banned me. I left after two minutes but it went on for awhile according to the others in the chat. There was this girl he was pining over for years and years, some chick named abbey, and she was totally down to fuq the guy too, but he was like "oh I cant go to her irl because she'll just think I'm a pathetic loser", said the guy who spent literally all of his time streaming at games, screaming at them and talking about how he was miserably depressed. She eventually stopped talking to him(got her on my PSN friends list) because he started like, screaming at her in the chat and calling her a fucking bitch and a whore and slut because she wasn't having sex with him despite wanting his D so bad she was willing to buy him a plane ticket to visit her. That dude is a twitching ball of woman hate, self loathing, and rage. I wonder if it's Irenaeus

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5409593/1/The-Life-of-a-Sex-Slave

:prosper:

More about him: https://prettyuglylittleliar.net/topic/1896-yanderedev-evaxephon/

latest

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
So, the YandereDev guy is a complete nutjob, how surprising. Still, as long as he finishes the game (or at least releases a playable build/keeps posting entertaining videos), it should be okay.

Brocken Jr.

Arcane

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
retarded housewife gossip until the last few lines where actual relevant stuff (ripping 3d models from other games) appears.

"he called someone autistic and masturbates to anime"

someone, call the cyber police!

tormund

Arcane
it's called laughing at an autistic retard. .
I'll laugh at you then.
I care neither for his personal life nor for your ongoing vendetta against him.
Game looks sweet, like a Hitman clone with a bizarre premise, and in his videos he tends to talk about important and interesting stuff, ie his game's design and systems. THAT is what I care for.

Brocken Jr.

Arcane
Game looks sweet, like a Hitman clone with a bizarre premise, and in his videos he tends to talk about important and interesting stuff, ie his game's design and systems. THAT is what I care for.

That's the relevant part of the thread, bro. The guy is, personal stuff aside, a garbage coder. He has no real training of any kind, and his models, environments, and animations are all either ripped straight from other games or done by volunteers. He refuses help from people who actually know how to code because he can't handle criticism, and has spent two years adding superficial stuff to the game that sounds cool while ignoring the actual infrastructure.

I thought his ideas were cool too, but now I know he's wholly incapable of making this thing actually operational, and he alienates all the really capable volunteers because he overestimates himself as a coder.

Sankarihauta

Prospernaut
zRT1NQB.png

In this picture there is not enough information to say it's bad code with regard to the larger picture. There is enough information to say it is reasonably logical, readable, and editable. I am willing to admit I am not a seasoned unity3d user yet. But I don't see any painfully-in-need areas of optimization. This shit is so simple I don't quite get why the only suggested alternative, polymorphism, is even needed.

It's been a while since I needed it. But it's a way to access methods of many different classes all of which inherit from a base class. The methods accessed if only implemented in the base class, means the base class method gets called else the implementation of the class inheriting the base class has its same-named methods called.

I do recall a google-talk or something like it where polymorphism as a way to reduce ifs and switch-case statements worked quite well. There may have even been some "you're not very seasoned if you don't know about this yet" shittalking. Likely context was " X things we find people aren't optimizing or are forgetting can be optimized."

But really i don't see any meaningful benefit to polymorphism in the context of that image. If you really believe the solution is ALWAYS to take everything and make it pushed away and tucked into nice methods you call: you're just weak and are slowing down prototyping.

It is an attractive idea to take a handful of variables like Sex, Teacher, Retired, Ill and directly without any needs for if-statements, just lookup the appropriate function and execute it. Cuts down on ifs big time.

But the problem with that is you don't get to see in the function auto-jumped to: the other functions that implement things how they do! When prototyping it's easier to debug (if you're a seasoned programmer) when all the many cases are laid out in branching if-logic in the same space.

For the non-programmers it works like this. Imagine you wrote an essay where each paragraph you know is getting its support from the others. It's meant to all be understood by the relative understanding given by each one basically in a linear sequence. Now your English teacher divides your essay up and randomly shuffles it so it's broken into many pieces. The teacher now has the luxury of picking out the exact segment to challenge you on. This segment *MAY* be THE real problem. But you and them don't really know until you referred back to the others. Now you have to track down all the relevant segments trying to see why things were said in the one.

In the debugging world your program can fault at any place. This is why it's like the segments being randomly shuffled, and also you don't know if something that went on earlier was the problem until you start going through things. If you had a IRL FANTASTIC MEMORY SIZE and RECALL ability as person, and worked your text editor like a true hardcore pro, then the more optimal method of splitting things up and elegantly auto-calling the right function is better.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom