Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
tumblr_njo2eyO9951ti3f1jo1_500.jpg

Old, but

butt

:shredder:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
We might have grown up together, we share many memories and you are my most trusted friend...

BUT YOU VOTED TRUMP UNFRIEND ME!

Eh, friend on social media is more of a title than anything significant. Like, if you never actually met the dude on your friend list, is he really a friend?

Sure. I just find it pathetic. We had a similar thing here in Sweden last time there was a big vote. If you voted for the supposed racist party, people, even family members would disown you.

Warcraft 1 is a bit archaic and weak, but Warcraft 2 is still an excellent game. Fuck Blizzard. I mean shit, just release the source code or something then.

On the other hand, recreating Diablo 1? I thought they were only doing Diablo 2. That was great news until I read "In the Diablo 3 engine". Fuck Blizzard again.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Warcraft 1 is a bit archaic and weak, but Warcraft 2 is still an excellent game. Fuck Blizzard. I mean shit, just release the source code or something then.

On the other hand, recreating Diablo 1? I thought they were only doing Diablo 2. That was great news until I read "In the Diablo 3 engine". Fuck Blizzard again.

They won't.

What they're saying is "We could get the games to work on modern systems, but it requires expenditure on low-profit assets that are likely to eat into profits of our current assets. So no."

On the other hand, recreating Diablo 1?

I wouldn't bother, since we have excellent HD version made by polish fans of the game. I play in native 1080 hd with smooth animation.

https://diablo-hd-belzebub.en.uptodown.com/windows

They added barbarian which we know from Hellfire (way better than warrior, I wouldn't bother with him if you want to make melee character, the 0 magic thing can be resolved with items). Plus new classes - Necromancer and Assassin.

I recommend 1.042 version because of the change on fire/light walls. In 1.045 you need to wait to be able to cast another one. With this change it's hard to survive with wizard on hell. There is also a new difficulty called torment, which I hope to unlock at least with my one char. There is a lot of new stuff and if you find vanilla too easy it's the best choice.

I wouldn't bother, since we have excellent HD version made by polish fans of the game. I play in native 1080 hd with smooth animation.

They added barbarian which we know from Hellfire (way better than warrior, I wouldn't bother with him if you want to make melee character, the 0 magic thing can be resolved with items). Plus new classes - Necromancer and Assassin.

I recommend 1.042 version because of the change on fire/light walls. In 1.045 you need to wait to be able to cast another one. With this change it's hard to survive with wizard on hell. There is also a new difficulty called torment, which I hope to unlock at least with my one char. There is a lot of new stuff and if you find vanilla too easy it's the best choice.

That's more of a mod than just an HD version. Makes the game too much like Diablo 2.

That's more of a mod than just an HD version. Makes the game too much like Diablo 2.

Aye, but after testing many others I think it's the best we can get. As I never liked the sequel that much due to many design changes the elements from it like item sets or freeze magic work well in old-new game. It's like spicing up your old favourite dish.

If Blizzard wanted to make their HD revision they best chance would be to hire David Brevik and gave him as much freedom as he wants with hiring. He probably would ask Stieg Hedlund for help. But after cartoony Diablo 3 and Blizzard corporate policies it's just wishful thinking from me.

Deleted member 7219

Completely random INCLINE from Shitaku:

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/11/15/the-moment-that-makes-morrowind-a-masterpiece

To rally forces against Dagoth Ur, the player must be acknowledged as his reincarnation. They carry out various deeds and complete quests until local tribe chiefs and leaders of the Temple declare they are the second coming of Nerevar. Throughout this, the player never learns whether they are the reincarnated lord or not.

Eventually, you confront Dagoth Ur. He asks if you truly are Nerevar reborn. This moment is the moment that makes Morrowind great. There are a variety of answers to the question. You can declare that you are Nerevar. You can claim to be a loyal agent of the Empire. You can claim to be your own, self-made hero. Or you can say that you don’t know.

Consider Skyrim. You are the goddamn Dragonborn. You have magic that no one else has. You are the legendary hero who will slay all the dragons. In Morrowind, it’s possible that you are some schmuck who got really lucky. The ancient prophecy might be little more than a lie or local superstition. And even if that were the case, it still might not matter.

This is getting into esoteric lore territory, but there’s a concept called ‘mantling’ in The Elder Scrolls. The saying goes: “Walk like them until they must walk like you.” In completing the main quest, it is entirely possible that you acted like Nerevar so fucking hard that you became him regardless of the truth. Even when you make a choice to say that you are self-made, it might not matter.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
http://www.nutaku.net/blog/nutakus-10-million-investment-in-adult/

Nutaku's $10,000,000 Investment in Adult Gaming

Since the launch of our previous round of funding in the summer, Nutaku has partnered with 12 promising development studios to produce an incredible variety of new adult games. From the over-the-top adventures of Harem Heroes to the clicker mania of Crush Crush, these exciting creations have proven that western game developers are ready to produce breakout titles that embody the best qualities of adult gaming: irreverent, sexy, and willing to challenge preconceptions of what video games are allowed to be.

The conversion of mainstream games into NSFW titles has been a particularly rewarding experience for Nutaku, both in terms of community reaction and revenue. Those previous efforts will now serve as a model for a scaled-up funding initiative unlike anything the gaming world has seen before. We know there’s a vast number of well-made yet underappreciated dating sims, RPG adventures, and roguelikes whose developers are willing to take their project in a wild new direction, and now we’d like to speak to the makers of those games directly.

Here’s the deal: Nutaku is committing $10,000,000 toward game developers who are willing to officially incorporate 18+ material into their games. We’ll pay the cost (in full) to produce the adult content and incorporate it into their title, then prominently feature your “enhanced” edition in front of our 23 million fans.

That highly popular adult mod for an RPG series? Let’s make it official.

The sexy character artwork that would earn the game an M rating? Put it back in, courtesy of us.

That fade-to-black sex scene between main characters in a dating sim? Turn the lights back on.

This is an offer especially relevant to the thousands of game developers who have produced quality titles on Google Play / Apple Store and found their projects buried in a wave of generic competition. We’re not going to fund every project that comes across our desks, but if you’ve got a good rating on your distribution platform, an enthusiastic community, or positive reviews from trusted sources, we’d like to hear your ideas.

Our goal is to provide a fresh infusion of investment capital and professionally-built products to the world of adult gaming. The demand by fans for high-quality new titles far outstrips what’s currently available or in production, leading us to extend this offer to developers who have previously suffered from lack of distribution platforms.

This is the second major funding initiative we’ve announced in the past six months and would not have been possible without the breakaway success of the $2 million dollar indie adult game dev fund, which is currently helping bring to market Road Redemption, Fist of Jesus, Shards of Eradine, Girls on Tanks, and more. For further information on how the original fund was distributed, visit our page on the initiative.

pippin

Now games will really be released with booze and hookers!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom