Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Bitch, please.

Marvel Transformers:

fail-toy-punisher.jpg

Transforms into:

21895.jpg

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
You know, this game could get rather cool if it came in two parts - first part is trying to get Senpai to notice you and get rid of Osana, and the other part is being in Osana's place, trying to foil any potential rivals.

Or, you know, the game allowing you play as either Yandere or Osana and the gameplay changes accordingly.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
“Tomb Raider” Game Writer Departs Franchise

Crystal Dynamics have announced that Rhianna Pratchett, who has served as the lead writer on both the 2013 “Tomb Raider” reboot and the recent follow-up “Rise of the Tomb Raider,” has left the company.

Pratchett was awarded by the Writers Guild of America for her work on the games sequel, took home another honor at the D.I.C.E. Awards 2016, and was nominated by Writer’s Guild of Great Britain for the original 2013 reboot. She’s seen as the key person behind the success of this recent take on the property. Both have issued statements:

Crystal Dynamics said:
Rhianna is off to pursue new adventures separate from the Tomb Raider franchise,” they wrote in a statement. “Rhianna was instrumental in helping us find Lara’s voice in the 2013 origin story, and through Rise of the Tomb Raider she shaped Lara into the evolving heroine we know today. The entire team thanks Rhianna for her dedication and tireless efforts on the games.

Rhianna Pratchett said:
So, I’m packing up my climbing axe plus a little venison jerky for the road, and bidding a fond farewell to Lara. Onwards to new adventures. I want to thank the Crystal Dynamics team for their dedication especially Josh Stafford, Cameron Suey, and Noah Hughes. Guys, it’s been emotional. But, I like to think we did some good things. Maybe shifted the gaming landscape a wee bit. And that feels damn good. I also want to thank TR’s terrific fan community. You really are the best in the world. Constantly helping me remember why I do this job.

Good, she doesn't hold a candle to her father as a writer. Case in point, she also contributed some writing to Thiaf, to which her most recent quote is:

Yes, I worked on some of the world building/cinematics in Thief. I chose not to talk about it. I have my reasons. Hope some of you enjoy it.

hajro

Arbiter
Everything she did was shit the only servisable game she wrote on was Overlord, everything else is fucking garbage. All her stories also are Young Adult novel type trash akin to feces like the hunger games.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Bit of info about that "Have an ascii new year"-gif.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=131427.1125
...I recorded it from inside Cogmind. Those fireworks are missiles, the city is actually a giant machine, and it looks like a side view but it's just a top-down Cogmind map
tongue.gif
. I only recorded a small part of the window, because the rest is a regular map and the whole UI etc.! I could've waltzed in and started blowing things up, hehe.
I also have some extra images from the "Making Of..." for that earlier New Year's gif:

Here is the fireworks area of the map, but I forgot to remove all the debris from the ground ("sky")...
GNBuKM5.png

Shooting practice fireworks manually to test them. This pattern was, um, supposed to be a circle
tongue.gif

hNZBa0j.gif

Then this @ decided to shoot himself with a rocket.
rhpAql5.gif

Here's one of the @'s dropping his fireworks tubes at the door of the building, where it then goes off after he makes it to the street...
xF19kLt.gif

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Računari was a computer magazine of the former Yugoslavia which lasted from 1984 until the late 1990s – surviving the economic turbulence and wars of the 1980s-90s, and even outlasting the country itself. The title simply means “computers” in Bosnian – and its content was just that: very bland, very technical, nothing flashy… but its covers were another matter entirely.

Despite the very low-key tech content, the guys at Računari decided to put some spice on just about every cover. Nearly every issue featured a ravishing Eastern Bloc Beauty straddling computer hardware. Let’s have a look at some of these covers spanning the late 1980s and into the early 1990s. Enjoy.

http://flashbak.com/yugoslavian-com...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Ra%C4%8Dunari-1992_09_001.jpg

hajro

Arbiter
Računari was a computer magazine of the former Yugoslavia which lasted from 1984 until the late 1990s – surviving the economic turbulence and wars of the 1980s-90s, and even outlasting the country itself. The title simply means “computers” in Bosnian – and its content was just that: very bland, very technical, nothing flashy… but its covers were another matter entirely.

Despite the very low-key tech content, the guys at Računari decided to put some spice on just about every cover. Nearly every issue featured a ravishing Eastern Bloc Beauty straddling computer hardware. Let’s have a look at some of these covers spanning the late 1980s and into the early 1990s. Enjoy.

http://flashbak.com/yugoslavian-com...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Ra%C4%8Dunari-1992_09_001.jpg
Mamu vam svima jebem :troll:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
I preferred Daley Thompson's Decathlon myself. I played that and a few other games with his name on the Amstrad CPC.

It was in one of those games (Olympic Challenge, I think) where there was a Pole Vault event. Due to a bug in the game I could always pass over the hurdle, meaning I set a world record of 6.30+ meters.

(In 1986 the world record was 6.03 meters. Today it's 6.16 meters.)

I could probably have made it go higher, except I couldn't be arsed by that point.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron

Conan O’Brien’s ‘Clueless Gamer’ Segment to Become Standalone TV Series

“Clueless Gamer,” one of Conan O’Brien’s most popular late-night segments, has been picked up by TBS as a series all its own.

Conan typically sits on a couch with various celebrity guests and good-naturedly pokes fun at whatever they’re playing. Thus far, Grand Theft Auto V, Halo 5: Guardians, Fallout 4, Mario Kart 8, DOOM, Final Fantasy XV, and Battlefield 1 have all been featured on Clueless Gamer, among many others.

There’s just one little change: Conan won’t be on the couch anymore. While O’Brien will serve as an executive producer, the spin-off will feature a new, as-yet unannounced host.

TBS president Kevin Reilly told The Hollywood Reporter that the segment has become popular enough that “we’ve gotten to the point where video game companies are sending us their new product for us to play and make fun of because it’s been such a huge success.They’re pinning a lot on the hope that the viral popularity of the segment will survive transport into independent programming, and without the snarky wit of its creator.

There's a reason people love and adore the first seasons or so of The Simpsons, but not the 6 million seasons that followed: Conan left the show early on.

It's highly unlikely they'll find anyone to fill his seat that has that exact same combination of charm, wit, celebrity pow-wow and gaming ignorance... which means we'll probably end up with at YouTube LP'er or something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom