Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Baron Dupek

Arcane
it's a magic world
ain't explain shit

DramaticPopcorn

The replies to that tweet are savage.
You mean tiny monocles.

I just had to look this up to see if someone had already done it.

tumblr_oa25yfHYaX1vref1to1_500.png

Gotta Love the Internet!

p. dumb since one does not wear monocles on both eyes
Not to mention you need an eye socket to hold it in place
It's a fantasy creature, men. Please stop

Melcar

Arcane
The replies to that tweet are savage.
You mean tiny monocles.

I just had to look this up to see if someone had already done it.

tumblr_oa25yfHYaX1vref1to1_500.png

Gotta Love the Internet!

p. dumb since one does not wear monocles on both eyes
Not to mention you need an eye socket to hold it in place
It's a fantasy creature, men. Please stop

Quiet. This is really fucking important.

let's discuss the physics of beholders, please
I'd like to know how they see. Imagine that clusterfuck of pictures in your brain.

There are animals in real life with dozens of eyes, and beholders are supermagical floating balls of brains. It's not too unbelievable. Hell we have people in the real world getting usable artificial limbs that interface with the nervous system. An artificial third eye camera is probably going to happen sometime this century. I'm sure it will be a bit of a mind fuck for a while.

A better question is how beholders get through life managing to not poke out one of their eyes. Are they born with the ability to float and an understanding that touching something with their only usable appendage is a bad thing?

Freddie

Savant
What they do when they are itching? How they take care of their teeth? Has anyone ever told them how fucked up creatures they are?

Freddie

Savant
No, a better question is how does it poop? I don't see no butt.

Maybe they're like jellyfish, where it's just one multipurpose hole. Food go in, poop come out.

What, so it just vomits out waste? Makes sense. It would make for one hell of an attack.
I was thinking of that but question remains, how big its digestive system is? Though huge mouth and no guts to speak of isn't unheard phenomen.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy

Over the holidays I watch a video about Amstrad Plus machines where the author talks about the PSU in the GX4000 and how it's a deathtrap.

Earlier this month I watch a video about a retro gamer who's owned 4 GX4000 machines and the PSU has exploded in all of them.

Now here's Guru Larry telling us it's a ticking time bomb.

Calling it now: Someone's gonna try and sell me a GX4000 within the next month or so. (I'll say yes if it's a 6128+.)

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera

Pretty surprising to see the Gameboy on there considering it's considered one of the most durable pieces of electronics ever made, having proven itself by surviving an Iraqi bunker explosion, but the stuff about the screen makes sense.

Still, I whipped mine out and it's working perfectly still. I do see the movement blur, but honestly, I remember seeing that as a kid too.

Max Stats

Liturgist
The glue holding the screen "cover" on my original 1989 GB rotted away, and it's got annoying vertical lines that come and go, but otherwise seems to be fine. Not that I have any reason to use it anymore anyway.

A user named cat

You can actually grab restored handhelds like Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance and Game Gear off ebay. Sellers usually replace the glass, lens and capacitors in them.

Example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/RESTORED-Se...688647?hash=item2378b08107:g:oi4AAOSwj85YLnD8

Really pointless though except for collectors. Those things still have shitty viewing angles, washed out displays and crap battery life. You'd be better off just grabbing a JXD Android handheld, installing RetroArch and whatever emulators you wish, and stuffing all your rom sets on an sd card.

Drax

Arcane
I have one of them transparent gameboys with a pokemon gold cartridge and I still pop it up once in a while for the nostalgia factor. Works great, the only problem is that the game's "battery" or whatever is old as shit and you can't actually save but, still.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I have one of them transparent gameboys with a pokemon gold cartridge and I still pop it up once in a while for the nostalgia factor. Works great, the only problem is that the game's "battery" or whatever is old as shit and you can't actually save but, still.

They can be switched out, but it's a massive pain for such a tiny cartridge. Look it up online to learn more.

Max Stats

Liturgist
You can actually grab restored handhelds like Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance and Game Gear off ebay. Sellers usually replace the glass, lens and capacitors in them.

Example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/RESTORED-Se...688647?hash=item2378b08107:g:oi4AAOSwj85YLnD8

Really pointless though except for collectors. Those things still have shitty viewing angles, washed out displays and crap battery life. You'd be better off just grabbing a JXD Android handheld, installing RetroArch and whatever emulators you wish, and stuffing all your rom sets on an sd card.

The GB/GBC emulator on PSP was pretty good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom