Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

A horse of course

What kind of dumbfuck would send 10k of games without insurance? Sounds like a scam but then the USPS is basically a giant organized crime ring, so perhaps both parties were simply retarded rather than frauds.

It'd be one thing if it was some obscure or out of business third party developed game, but that's even more embarrassing if they can't get a proper ROM of their own most popular 1st party series. Fucking incompetent morons.

Now watch as many rare cartridges mysteriously appear on Ebay over the next couple weeks.

Nintendo does keep some games! The Super Mario All-stars Special 25th anniversary edition on the Wii is just the SNES ROM running on an emulator slapped into a disc. :M

Disney drops YouTube star PewDiePie over anti-Semitism

14 February 2017

_92868184_gettyimages-494848232.jpg

Disney has cut ties with the world's highest paid YouTube star PewDiePie over allegations of anti-Semitism.

The decision came after several videos he released over the past few months were found to contain Nazi references or anti-Semitic imagery.

PewDiePie, whose real name is Felix Kjellberg, accepted the material was offensive, but said he did not support "any kind of hateful attitudes".

The Swede is reported to have made $15m through YouTube in 2016.

He has been associated with Disney via Maker Studios, a company with a network of YouTube stars, drawing several billions of views per month - generating vast income from advertising.

"Although Felix has created a following by being provocative and irreverent, he clearly went too far in this case and the resulting videos are inappropriate," Maker Studios said.

In one of the controversial videos, Mr Kjellberg paid two Indians through a crowd-sourcing website to hold up a sign which read "Death to all Jews".

In a response to the criticism, he said he was "trying to show how crazy the modern world is, specifically some of the services available online" and that people "would say anything for five dollars".

He said it was "laughable" to suggest he endorsed that message but added that "though this was not my intention, I understand that these jokes were ultimately offensive".

In other videos he also showed swastikas drawn by a fan, played the Nazi Party anthem and did a brief Hitler salute - all of which he says was done as a joke.

Last, year, PewDiePie was temporarily suspended from Twitter after making jokes about the so-called Islamic State.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-38965377

the-swede-he-starts-war-he-fuels-war-1579747.png

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
:rage: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...after-package-lost-containing-usd10k-of-games

SNES preservation project "dead" after $10k of games lost in the post

A Nintendo fan's project to digitally preserve every SNES game has ended in defeat after the US Postal Service (USPS) lost a package containing 100 cartridges.

The parcel contained between $7500 and $10k worth of vintage games, which were en route to amateur archivist Byuu.

The package made the journey from Frankfurt to Byuu's home state of New Jersey, but after this was lost by the USPS. It was the second of five planned shipments of games from a European collector, who has now been left without a large chunk of their collection.

Byuu had planned to borrow the games, 100 at a time, dump the cartridge's contents, then repackage them and send them back. This worked fine for the first 100, so Byuu was eagerly awaiting the second shipment to continue his work.

After the shipment went missing, Byuu spent weeks appealing for help on Reddit from anyone who worked within the USPS or knew anyone at its New Jersey processing centre. The sender had insurance, but only for its travel to the US. Beyond that, it was lost. Sadly, after more than a month of no word, Byuu's luck seems to have run out.

For those thinking "clearly this is a scam", Byuu is a well-known member of the emulation community and author of his own SNES emulator, higan, which is widely regarded as one of the best there is.

As our own Chris Bratt found out when investigating Nintendo's own Virtual Console service, many of the pirated SNES ROMs available online are not true copies of the game - they've been edited in some way. Not even Nintendo has the original digital images of all these games - which is how copied games find their way onto Nintendo's own store.

Writing on Reddit last night, Byuu admitted defeat. His focus is now to reimburse the European collector for the games which were lost - people have suggested he set up a GoFundMe to help, which he said he may do.

But the preservation project is over - at least, for now.

"I'd rather start working on reimbursing the sender now, as game prices only go up," Byuu wrote. "He lent me 100 valuable games (Vampire's Kiss, Incantation, Hagane, Mega Man 7+X+X2+X3, etc etc), and now I can't send his games back.

"It was a terrible mistake have him trust the mail system. I'm not going to risk anyone else's games like that again."
:mrpresident:
How long until they are found on ebay?

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Disney drops YouTube star PewDiePie over anti-Semitism

14 February 2017

_92868184_gettyimages-494848232.jpg

Disney has cut ties with the world's highest paid YouTube star PewDiePie over allegations of anti-Semitism.

The decision came after several videos he released over the past few months were found to contain Nazi references or anti-Semitic imagery.

PewDiePie, whose real name is Felix Kjellberg, accepted the material was offensive, but said he did not support "any kind of hateful attitudes".

The Swede is reported to have made $15m through YouTube in 2016.

He has been associated with Disney via Maker Studios, a company with a network of YouTube stars, drawing several billions of views per month - generating vast income from advertising.

"Although Felix has created a following by being provocative and irreverent, he clearly went too far in this case and the resulting videos are inappropriate," Maker Studios said.

In one of the controversial videos, Mr Kjellberg paid two Indians through a crowd-sourcing website to hold up a sign which read "Death to all Jews".

In a response to the criticism, he said he was "trying to show how crazy the modern world is, specifically some of the services available online" and that people "would say anything for five dollars".

He said it was "laughable" to suggest he endorsed that message but added that "though this was not my intention, I understand that these jokes were ultimately offensive".

In other videos he also showed swastikas drawn by a fan, played the Nazi Party anthem and did a brief Hitler salute - all of which he says was done as a joke.

Last, year, PewDiePie was temporarily suspended from Twitter after making jokes about the so-called Islamic State.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-38965377

the-swede-he-starts-war-he-fuels-war-1579747.png

In case anyone is curious. pewds discovered fiver over a month ago.
This is the video that prompted these latest rounds of baseless hitpieces on him.

Should have a timestamp at 10m54s

And he commissioned many more vids like this one for keks (jump to 20s)

If you're looking for more context, some bigger youtubers have also made some vids about it:
h3h3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLNSiFrS3n4
Sargon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC5LyaCdpEI

Murk

Arcane
... wait, did WSJ seriously use Hell March in their original video? Are you fucking kidding me

sullynathan

Arcane
Thing is, YouTube never had a shitposter badge equivalent. 5 years ago, Pewdiepie was growing completely due to Minecraft and a pre-teen/child audience. Looks like that pre-teen/child audience grew up and found 4chan.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Fun stuff, those 100 SNES games were probably stolen.

byuu said:
This arrived in my mailbox today.

http://i.imgur.com/e6RnjWd.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kLxZo0Z.jpg

They shipped me the mother fucking box label and nothing else, claiming the machine ate it. BULLSHIT. If the label came off, it'd belong to the box right next to it without a label.

The USPS employees in Jersey City just stole a $10,000 package of games. This is felony theft.

Please spread this as far and wide as you can. I'll be contacting all the press I can as well.

I'm also looking for a good lawyer.

I've set up a Patreon page. If anyone is able to help me with replacing this donor's games, I would be very grateful. I also have a Paypal account if you'd prefer, and you can PM me for that. Thank you!

https://www.patreon.com/byuu

2016-02-16 03:24 PM:

Just received a call from USPS consumer affairs, who found the Reddit thread. They have opened an internal investigation to try and locate the package. I will keep you all informed how it goes.

If the package ultimately arrives, I will be refunding all donations.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Fun stuff, those 100 SNES games were probably stolen.

byuu said:
This arrived in my mailbox today.

http://i.imgur.com/e6RnjWd.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kLxZo0Z.jpg

They shipped me the mother fucking box label and nothing else, claiming the machine ate it. BULLSHIT. If the label came off, it'd belong to the box right next to it without a label.

The USPS employees in Jersey City just stole a $10,000 package of games. This is felony theft.

Please spread this as far and wide as you can. I'll be contacting all the press I can as well.

I'm also looking for a good lawyer.

I've set up a Patreon page. If anyone is able to help me with replacing this donor's games, I would be very grateful. I also have a Paypal account if you'd prefer, and you can PM me for that. Thank you!

https://www.patreon.com/byuu

2016-02-16 03:24 PM:

Just received a call from USPS consumer affairs, who found the Reddit thread. They have opened an internal investigation to try and locate the package. I will keep you all informed how it goes.

If the package ultimately arrives, I will be refunding all donations.

Yeah, like I said before, someone had nicked it.

RE:byuu - well, the note mentions food items not being salvageable. Maybe the machine DID eat the package. :M

RE:pewdiepie

http://www.salon.com/2017/02/15/how...emitism-claims-because-of-his-youtube-videos/

WEDNESDAY, FEB 15, 2017 09:59 PM BRST

How PewDiePie “fudged the labels” to avoid anti-Semitism claims because of his YouTube videos

The comedian's claims of innocence are only fooling the already converted

PewDiePie, the YouTube comedian who made a series of videos that were anti-Semitic and pro-Hitler, is now being held accountable for his actions.

After posting a video for which PewDiePie (whose real name is Felix Kjellberg) paid two men to laugh while holding a sign marked “Death to all Jews,”Disney has severed ties with the YouTube star. YouTube itself has canceled plans for a second season of his reality series “Scare PewDiePie.” There have been nine videos overall that PewDiePie posted that seem to attack Jews or contain Nazi imagery.

The PewDiePie incident is reflective of a broader trend that has emerged over the past few years in the internet’s political culture. The alt-right movement has used various internet forums to promote white supremacist belief systems, even as its members have insisted that their actions weren’t motivated by bigotry. Instead, when called out for promoting the marginalization of long oppressed groups, these members claim to be victims of oppression themselves.

“He is experiencing exactly the same problem that the rest of us are,” said popular alt-right sympathizer Sargon of Akkad in a YouTube video about the PewDiePie incident. “And when I say the rest of us, I mean anyone involved in Gamergate, anyone involved in the alt-right, anyone involved in justice Democrats, anyone involved in any kind of countercultural movement that is seeking to challenge the narrative hegemony of the progressive left.”

The YouTube star has many fans on the white supremacist fringe, including the neo-Nazi website the Daily Stormer, which proclaimed itself “the world’s No. 1 PewDiePie fansite.” For his part, PewDiePie has said he does not support hate groups or their agenda and his videos are essentially just pranks.

PewDiePie has played the victim in the past when critics expressed concern over racism such as his penchant for Nazi imagery.

There are two particularly sinister tactics used by PewDiePie and his ilk that need to be identified: The first is what Al Franken, as a comedian, called “kidding on the square,” which is when someone claims to be kidding with an offensive remark but later it becomes clear that he or she also genuinely believes in its offensive content. That’s the difference between genuine satire and sincere bigoted comments.

The second tactic can be known as “fudging the labels,” which is when someone repeatedly caters to the views of individuals with offensive opinions, but distances himself or herself from others holding those views.

It's not fake news if we're just making suggestions, right?

Edit:

At issue was a series of recent comedy videos. In one, he found performers on the freelance site Fiverr willing to dance and hold up a sign of the client’s choosing. He asked them to write “Death to all Jews,” and they did; in his subsequent video, he expressed shock that the request had made it through. “It was a funny meme, and I didn’t think it would work,” he said, mock-begging news outlets not to make too much of his stunt. “I swear, I love Jews,” he said, “I love them,” before playing a few notes on a kazoo.

:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

Max Stats

Liturgist
BULLSHIT. If the label came off, it'd belong to the box right next to it without a label.

Someone clearly doesn't know how incompetent the post office is. By the time anyone found the label stuck in whatever machine it was in, that box could have been half way around the world. Or even in the undeliverable pile.

pippin

We really are in the 90s again apparently. Consider this and that bit about how cyberpunk needs to be more X-TREEEEEM.
My opinion is that the public opinion is getting a bit tired of SJW things in general and is looking for something or someone to shake things up a little. The problem is that cuckery runs deep within this generation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom