Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
jesusfuckingshit do people honestly enjoy that crap or are they just sucking each other off with the mutual fear of "not getting it"?
Welcome to the "art".

Faggots can go on praising their abstract art like throwing a cube of fat at the wall and calling it "art", I'll just scoff at them and continue to admire the Pre-Raphaelites. :obviously:

Peter

Arcane
While I do agree with some points icycalm makes from time to time, he has got to be one of the most pompous, pretentious and egoistic faggots on the planet. He's bad even by 'Dex standards.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
He reminds me of the crazy guy you hear on the pirate radio station in Deus Ex: Human Revolution. At least it's always fun to read the bile that crazies vomit over the web.

The funny thing is: he is right on the money here. These "games" are glorified screensavers by dumbfuck journalists and clueless gamers. All the dumbing down that the codex hates is present in these kind of "games". I wouldnt mind this dumbfuckery if this where not called games.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Even if he is right, there is little of value in the text quoted above. Some people create something of little value, journalists graft on it some depth that isn't there to begin with, and the audience gobble it up and repeats what they heard? Gee, I never heard of that before! Nevermind those Pollock and Rothko folks … Even if he is right, this just an angry rant with nothing cogent to be found and a fair amount of insults instead, and not the entertaining kind. I certainly hope the guy doesn't have his cult of followers who gobble everything he writes, else that'd be quite the irony.

And besides, what if there are shit games? As far as I know, it's not forbidden to make shit. It'd be a problem if only shit was made but it's not the case. Sure, analyse it, find out why it's shit, but ranting against shit being made is simply futile for shit will always be made.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The one strategy guide every gamer needs

i-8gpXQR4-X3.jpg

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Even if he is right, there is little of value in the text quoted above. Some people create something of little value, journalists graft on it some depth that isn't there to begin with, and the audience gobble it up and repeats what they heard? Gee, I never heard of that before! Nevermind those Pollock and Rothko folks … Even if he is right, this just an angry rant with nothing cogent to be found and a fair amount of insults instead, and not the entertaining kind. I certainly hope the guy doesn't have his cult of followers who gobble everything he writes, else that'd be quite the irony.

And besides, what if there are shit games? As far as I know, it's not forbidden to make shit. It'd be a problem if only shit was made but it's not the case. Sure, analyse it, find out why it's shit, but ranting against shit being made is simply futile for shit will always be made.

Atleast it looks pretty!

Wouldn't pay any money for that though.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter

Well it surely is more entertaining than your posts. And who gives a shit if his rant has value or not? take this PC bullshit out of mah codex please.

Kitako

Arcane
[URL='http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/10/15/eas-origin-leaves-the-doors-unlock-looting-ensues/']EA’s Origin Leaves The Doors Unlocked, Looting Ensues[/url]

As spotted by Kotaku, this weekend EA’s Origin had a sudden burst of not quite intentional generosity. As a thank you for completing a survey, a few customers were sent a voucher for $20 for the digital store, allowing them to download a free game. Except, well, EA forgot to make that code a one-time only thing. Can you guess what happened next?

Not only were those who legitimately received the code able to loot the store without restriction, but of course those codes could then be used by someone else. A close friend? A neighbour? No, of course, Reddit. Everyone in North America was able to plunder the store and download multiple games for free. Well, those in N.A. who read the Reddit thread.
Obviously EA has severed the code’s magic powers by now, but what remains to be seen is what happens to all that free content so many people have enjoyed. It would seem to me that EA handed out a voucher that allowed this – can someone be considered criminal for having taken advantage of it? Or is this equivalent to their having left the shop unlocked over the weekend, meaning people could walk in and take stuff? Internet – you confuse all ethics! In fact, it would seem reasonably likely that if there’s a code that allows this out there, that EA may not have any legal right to take the content back. But my goodness, they must have lost an awful lot of money this weekend, and they’re not going to like it.
Edit: EA have said they’ll honour all uses of the code this weekend! Gosh. Thanks Talkar.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
EA is a p. cool guy. He gives games away and doesnt afraid of anything.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
they'd be pretty stupid to revoke the code's magic powers... all the people who downloaded stuff on origin that way have committed themselves to this EA-DRM scheme now... most likely some new sheep for the herd as well

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
[URL='http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/10/15/eas-origin-leaves-the-doors-unlock-looting-ensues/']EA’s Origin Leaves The Doors Unlocked, Looting Ensues[/url]

As spotted by Kotaku, this weekend EA’s Origin had a sudden burst of not quite intentional generosity. As a thank you for completing a survey, a few customers were sent a voucher for $20 for the digital store, allowing them to download a free game. Except, well, EA forgot to make that code a one-time only thing. Can you guess what happened next?

Not only were those who legitimately received the code able to loot the store without restriction, but of course those codes could then be used by someone else. A close friend? A neighbour? No, of course, Reddit. Everyone in North America was able to plunder the store and download multiple games for free. Well, those in N.A. who read the Reddit thread.
Obviously EA has severed the code’s magic powers by now, but what remains to be seen is what happens to all that free content so many people have enjoyed. It would seem to me that EA handed out a voucher that allowed this – can someone be considered criminal for having taken advantage of it? Or is this equivalent to their having left the shop unlocked over the weekend, meaning people could walk in and take stuff? Internet – you confuse all ethics! In fact, it would seem reasonably likely that if there’s a code that allows this out there, that EA may not have any legal right to take the content back. But my goodness, they must have lost an awful lot of money this weekend, and they’re not going to like it.
Edit: EA have said they’ll honour all uses of the code this weekend! Gosh. Thanks Talkar.

And not a single good game was redeemed that day.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Origin is cool about one thing - it lets you redeem lots of non-Origin games on the service if you own them, including games bought on Steam.

If you contact their customer service and say you bought Simcity 4 on Steam they'll add the game to your Origin library. They won't even ask for any proof of purchase, so you can actually lie and get the game for free.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom