Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Bet-at-home] Free agentorange! - UT Tickets bitch! - The greatest Codex drama ever told

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Sodafish

ETA: Courtesy of RK-47.

Last edited:

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I didn't check the thread anymore and thought it was still on saturday and so I did not bet yet. My chance to go to brofist heaven is gone forever :negative:
Best to avoid this brofist lucre anyways, earn them the old fashioned way: spamming the member picture thread posting shitty one liners making insightful posts about computer RPGs :obviously:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I'm sure DU has more urgent matters than giving stupid tags to random 'Dexers. Another day, perhaps. Or month. Or year.

Take your time, DU. No need to hurry.
You lost, I take it.

Of course not. I just had slightly more brofists than I deserved, and saw an opportunity to give them up willingly.
I never asked for this, though.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm sure DU has more urgent matters than giving stupid tags to random 'Dexers. Another day, perhaps. Or month. Or year.

You lost, I take it.

Of course not. I just had slightly more brofists than I deserved, and saw an opportunity to give them up willingly.
Like you said, you are going to regret it, dude. :dance:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik

You lost, I take it.

I swear, one day I'm gonna go full communism on your arse.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt

You lost, I take it.

russian_zps57qfqgn0.gif

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

You lost, I take it.

russian_zps57qfqgn0.gif
Ha.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
All right then, the following bets have been taken into consideration. Note that any edits made to posts after the match have been ignored. Invalid bets have been ignored where the user submitted a corrected bet later.

If I can only bet on one tag I'll wager
howard_point.gif
against jcd, Crispy victory.
Garryydde receives the douche bag tag as Crispy was not victorious.

I'd like to bet this tag:
NoFunAllowed.png

If Menckenstein wins I'll take the tag, if Crispy wins it goes to Lhynn.
Night Goat gets No Fun Allowed.

I bet that Garryydde should get the suppressed homosexual tag if either one wins.
Garryydde receives the suppressed homosexual tag for Menck's victory.
However, Irenaeus receives the suppressed homosexual tag for Crispy's loss.

yo8zDIY.png

is added as :abyssgazer: if menck wins by 3 or more
'k

fanboy.png
(of himself) tag to Irenaeus if Crispy loses.
'k

If Menckenstein wins
ubermensch.gif
tag for myself else
illiterate.gif
For failing to understand the rules that were explained repeated times, Sulaco gets dumbfucked.

I bet one thousand brofists that Crispy does not beat Menck.

(That wording should cover my ass in the event one of the gladiators is a no-show)
Ulminati gains 1,000 brofists.

Good idea. All tags removed and edit functionality restored if Menckenstein wins, else STAR STABLE.
Only one tag per bet. In this case, if Menckenstein wins you'll get editing powers back. If not, things will remain as they are.

If you want to go for removal of tags as well, each tag will need a bet. IE: Menck wins by X Frags, Achieves X Frags before Crispy, and so on.

I'm tired of your bullshit, codex. And you especially, DarkClown.
Edit functionality restored else no consequence it is. Seems fair, given that the codex has not exactly treated me well.
CyberP can now edit his posts in Prosper Land!

ubermensch.gif
tag for crojipjip if Crispy wins.
jcd gets ubermensched.

ubermensch.gif
tag for crojipjip if Crispy wins.

ubermensch.gif
tag for crojipjip if Crispy doesn't win!
crojipjip gets ubermensched.

Can I bet on the staff?

If Menckenstein wins, Douchebag DarkUnderlord :smug: .
Is done.

By the way.
I bet five thousand brofists on Crispy's victory.
DarkUnderlord , I want to upgrade my bet, all my brofists on Crispy's victory.
Prior I bet five thousand because I thought that was easier to deal with fixed numbers, but in this way should be even easier.
Kz3r0 loses everything.

Very confident in Menck's triumph. I bet this tag for Crispy if he loses:

6zuO5Ds.png
'k

All in !
I am betting all of my brofists that Crispy won't win.
Wild Slop gains 651 brofists.

in fact I'm going to go ahead and bet all my brofists that Crispy kills himself at least once during the match.
By quitting early, Crispy committed a form of seppuku, thus satisfying this bet. +1106

As you know, I'm betting my Broseph account that Menck wins. I want it unbanned, privileges restored and Andhaira tag removed. If Crispy wins, I'll hang my head in shame and accept the banhammer.
Even though Furapika cannot into one qualification per bet, I will accept the unban Broseph account part of this bet, which has been done.

I'm going all in on Menck. Zionist Agent tag for CMcC if Crispy loses.
'k

I bet 476 Brofists on Menckenstein.
'k

I bet one brofist on Crispy. His win would deliver more lulz.

Is DU tabulating all the bets into Excel secretly during high-powered business meetings at Greg Martin Enterprises, or has he hired a Filipino girl on freelancer.com to do it for him?

I bet 1000 brofists that Crispy is defeated by Menckenstein's pulsating masculine form.

I'm upping the ante and going all in: I bet all my fists that Menckenstein overcomes Crispy in glorious combat.
+2878

I bet 1 brofist on Crispy.

I bet 50 brofists on Crispy winning. Do it Crispy, for all computer repairmen around the world!
:mob:

fuck it. I agree with ironyuri for once.

I bet all of my brofists on Menckenstein winning.
+1811

I bet all this betting will cause a lot of betthurt.
Made Alex betthurt.

fuck it. I agree with ironyuri for once.

I bet all of my brofists on Menckenstein winning.

Guess I'll jump on the pain train as well.

All my brofists on Menckenstein winning in glorious combat.

Alternatively, if that is not possible, I bet that Menck will win. If he does, J_C is banned. If Crispy wins, I will be banned in his place.
Ignoring the latter part, the combat however was not glorious. It was quite shameful, thus Absalom loses his brofists. -1356

DarkUnderlord what are the limits exactly on what can be bet?

Say I wanted to bet moderator positions, if Crispy wins he can have Politics to give to whomever he chooses, if Menck wins I get Sports to give to whomever I choose? Or something like that.

Would this hypothetical bet be allowed?
No. Just tags and brofists.
Then because Crispy is a cruel man who gets angry about entirely hypothetical questions and says terrible mean things like:
You and I are no longer friends.
I too bet all my brofists on Menck winning.
+7826

I'll bet 100 brofists that Crispy will win, because I'm still a part of the Cenobyte gang.

If Crispy wins, give crojipjip the
haughty.png
tag

:dance:
TripJack gets it.

Developer tag for crojipjip if Menck wins
'k

I bet all my brofists on Menckenstein defeating Crispy.

:salute:

Further, if Crispy will agree on this, I will do a Codex review on a CRPG of Crispy's choice if I lose the bet. If I win the bet, Crispy must play Star Stable for DU in order to save a Codex bro of my choice.
+2442. Latter part of the bet ruled invalid.

I bet 1,624 brofists on Crispy victory.

100 brofists on Crispy winning.

I am going to regret this.

Ok, if Crispy loses, can I foist a russian-rpg fanboy tag on Grimwulf, and I'll take the tag if Menckenstein loses.
Grimwulf gains Vatnik.

100 brofists on Crispy.

I bet 356 Brofists on Crispy winning.

I bet all of my measly brofists on Crispy

Viva la Establishment!

I bet 100 Brofists on Menckenstein

:incline:

Down withThe Man Crispy

:decline:

Zep--
+100

Since I don't really care for brofists anyway, I'm going all in on Crispy winning.
+432

1 brofist for crispy win

1 brofist for menck win

i canz into bet ??? :patriot:
-1, +1

200 fists to Menck senpai
:bunkertime:
+200

UT RINGSIDE: with your hosts crojipjip and BLOBERT.

BLOBERT: BROOOS LOOK AT DAT HEEEEEEADDSHOOOOOT
Prosper: Men, I am leaving forever
BLOBERT: LOLLLL HE'S NOW SHITTING DOWN HIS NECK, TAKE DAT OLD MAN
Prosper: Forever

Also 181 Brofists on Menck
+181

5xTKhEA.jpg

All my brofists on Menck.
+232

Hey man, I'm all for supporting Agent Orange's rescue and all, but your getting yourself close to earning a White Knight tag.

HOW ABOUT YOU FUCKIN BET ONE ON ME PUNK?

Heh... alright. If my guy wins, you get a White Knight tag.

You have to make a separate bet from your brofist bet, and alert DU about the bet.

Alright. :P DarkUnderlord , I Deuce Traveler, free of duress and of sound mind, have previously bet all of my Brofists on Meckenstein defeating Crispy.

This now signifies a new bet, again free of duress and conducted while under sound judgement. I bet that the guy I have previously bet upon, Meckenstein, will beat Crispy. If Meckenstein wins, Phage will have to wear a White Knight tag. If Crispy were to win, I will lose all of my brofists and wear a 'White Knight' tag. Phage has not only agreed to this, but has also aggressively pushed for the agreement as you see above. I believe you would agree that the paradox he has agreed to is enticing. If Meckenstein wins, he gets tagged. If Crispy wins, he loses all his brofists. As I have complete faith in Meckenstein's abilities, I am happy to double down.
Dumbfucked Deuce Traveler for failing to comprehend the two different conditions requirement of additional bets.

TOO STUPID TO GET ANYTHING RIGHT I'LL DO IT FOR YOU.

I bet a White Knight tag on Deuce Traveler :
- if Crispy suicides first, tag goes to Deuce Traveler
- if Menck suicides first, tag goes to me.

Is this acceptable DarkUnderlord
2nd bet ruled invalid, first bet condition "Crispy suicides first" as per previous decision re: seppuku, Deuce Traveler gets a White Knight tag.

Betting 500 brofists on Menck winning.

Finally the false Sheriff will bow down.
+500

Betting 500 brofists on Menck winning.

Finally the false Sheriff will bow down.

GO ALL IN OR GO HOME!

'k.

17,093 brofists on Crispy getting less frags (not counting suicides) than Menck.
Adding +17,093 to previous win of 1,000 (as previous condition was a straight victory).

Very well.

All of my brofists on Meckenstein.

Sorry Crispy, I could not get Hermione to bolster your confidence.
+3018

Finally a chance to relive a better, more innocent Codex free of manboon hierarchy points. All my fists on Crispy.

Unban Andhaira from GD and Politics only. Me losing means I get banned from GD and Politics only.

All on Menckenstein
Ignoring the first part which makes no sense, +3419

All my fists on Menck, rock'n'roll.
+13802

Don't worry, I'll do it for you:

I bet the "beg auditor" tag onto Bruticis if Crispy gets less than or equal to 5 frags.
Bruticis gets beg auditor.

100 brofists on Menckenstein !
+100

I'd like to bet all my brofists on Menckenstein.

edit: it feels like the line should reflect Crispy's underdog status though, like 1:5 or something.
+120

I bet all my brofists to menck winning the match.
DarkUnderlord
+1488

I won't be able to catch the live match :(

Ah well... I'll still have a cheeky gander:

500 brofists on Menck :dance:
+500

DarkUnderlord

I hereby wager 2,500 brofists that Menckenstein will win this contest!

Also!
If Menckenstein wins, Metro gets the
howard_point.gif
tag. It's long overdue.
+2500, +dumbfuck for failing to understand one condition per bet.

2000 brofists on Menckstein!
+2000

DarkUnderlord I bet all my brofists on Menckenstein winning.
+19,976

I bet 3,390 quatloos brofists on Menck.

Our zDoom deathmatches give me confidence to bet the farm. Rip and tear, Menck.
+3390

All my brofists for Menckenstein's victory DarkUnderlord, I like to live dangerously.
+1272

As of this thread, I consider that all bets have been honoured.

The following punishment has been metered out:
- Crispy gets Emma's sad face. Still waiting on a 0-13 tag to put above it.
- Menckenstein has had his brofist count reset to 0.
- Still waiting on the tag for Bruticis.

Absalom

I bet 1000 brofists that Crispy is defeated by Menckenstein's pulsating masculine form.

I'm upping the ante and going all in: I bet all my fists that Menckenstein overcomes Crispy in glorious combat.
+2878

All my brofists on Menckenstein winning in glorious combat.

Ignoring the latter part, the combat however was not glorious. It was quite shameful, thus Absalom loses his brofists. -1356
Seems legit

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom