Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bethesda about to announce Fallout 4?

Lhynn

Arcane
As long as we get a spin off from obsidian, then go right ahead beth.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I found new vegas interesting more for that one mod that let's you be a bounty hunter than the actual content which felt kind of meh on the whole. That said, the ratio of appallingly stupid crap to decent content is way better in Obsidian's Fallout than Bethesda's.

I'd already be happy if it's better than Skyrim.
Which wouldn't be much of an endorsement.

No, it wouldn't. Actually I'd even take just like Skyrim in the Fallout universe. I don't have high expectations but at least chances for disappointment are low.

Are you that desperate for a new "Fallout"?

It's not a matter of desperation, but more of "eh, whatever". It's not like an actual Fallout 3 is ever coming, anyway. If it's shit, there wasn't anything to lose except for the time it takes to torrent it.

It'll be amusing to see the thread reach 400 pages while everyone claims to not have the least bit of interest in it, though.

deuxhero

Arcane
Polish? What does CDP use for domain registration?

As figured out by Reddit

Doubtful. The users there have a nasty habit of not giving credit... largely because of stuff exactly like this, where THEY get the credit from others if they do so. Neither "it's morse code" or "it's labeled this in the source" is all that hard to find either (going into the source code is the first thing ANYONE trying to figure out what a teaser site is for does), so giving credit to Reddit is laughable.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
The Fallout 3 counter was counting down to 5.6.7. and was announced on 5th of June 2007.

It's just Bethesda using a civilized, European way of expressing the date. :incline:

Not just european, basically the whole world outside of US use this way. :patriot:

Well ... in this case the american alternative is superior and it makes sense more sense.

But for sorting folders, the best format is year_mm_dd.

Yeah, I know. I'm bored.

deuxhero

Arcane
basically the whole world outside of US use this way.

Eastern Asia (which makes a very large portion of the world's population) actually uses (year)/month/day (Japan also calls the sport with the white and black ball "サッカー"). They also label it so you can't possibly be confused (2013年11月19日)

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The Fallout 3 counter was counting down to 5.6.7. and was announced on 5th of June 2007.

It's just Bethesda using a civilized, European way of expressing the date. :incline:

Not just european, basically the whole world outside of US use this way. :patriot:

Well ... in this case the american alternative is superior and it makes sense more sense.

Ok let's derail this joke thread before it starts taking itself too seriously.

How does it make more sense? Call me crazy but to me it seems more logical to write it in the order from the smallest scale to the biggest - days, months, years.

The only way I can see it making sense is because "June 18, 1987" has the word first, followed by the numbers. Which is a bit more "tidy". But that doesn't work when you use a number to portray the month as well.

As long as we get a spin off from obsidian, then go right ahead beth.
Men like these are your enemy and one of the main reasons we cannot have nice things anymore.

Indeed. We should send strongly worded emails to Beth, that will show them our power.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Ok let's derail this joke thread before it starts taking itself too seriously.

How does it make more sense? Call me crazy but to me it seems more logical to write it in the order from the smallest scale to the biggest - days, months, years.

Did you ever sorted some data? In real life or just folders? :)

Monty

Arcane
Guess it shows how excited everyone is for this game, thread has devolved into sperging about dates.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
It'll be amusing to see the thread reach 400 pages while everyone claims to not have the least bit of interest in it, though.

Yes, interest in the lulz is interest in the game. :roll:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
A possible announcement of an announcement isn't news.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom