Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bethesda about to announce Fallout 4?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
And not a single fuck was given.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fallout circa 2008 makes people mad, they start to see maps everywhere. I bet they would fish a hint from the shape of the stain in Toddlers used toilet paper too if he blessed his twitter followers with a picture or made a blog entry about it.

Repressed Homosexual
Oh dear it's going to be full of embarrassing Lovecraftian characters, quests, and tropes. The pain.

Are people even able to make their own stuff anymore instead of being meta all over the place? I'm beyond sick of this.

whitepony

Educated
thesurvivor site has changed- it says now that the nuclear winter came, and also has some strange message in letters. Any new bits of info from our prestgious stalkers?

Black

Arcane
Who really gives a shit, the great war was caused by aliums #yolo #swag

I didn't finish FO3 or play any of the DLC, so enlighten me - is 'the great war was caused by aliens' really FO lore now? Because that would be the biggest kick in the face to everything the narrative aspects of the franchise are about.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz

I didn't finish FO3 or play any of the DLC, so enlighten me - is 'the great war was caused by aliens' really FO lore now? Because that would be the biggest kick in the face to everything the narrative aspects of the franchise are about.

Yep, Bethesda put that in as official lore in one of the DLCs (Mothership Zeta)

Lhynn

Arcane

Id say it undermines everything that is fallout, but at this point i dont give a shit. RIP fallout, you made me a really happy guy in my teens, and made me an incredibly happy spectator of butthurt in my early adulthood, what more can a nerd ask for?

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Haha. Wow. Really? Makes me feel not so bad for railing on Bethesda as much as I did back then.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
IIRC they implied it rather than outright stated it. You could find a list of ICBM codes in the alien ship.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Bethesda can say whatever the fuck they like in their DLCs, but Fallout 3 is still a non-canon spinoff, like the extended universe Star Wars stuff. Only Black Isle can create Fallout canon, and they do not exist anymore.

4too

Arcane
Higher Hierarchies

Maybe Space Aliens at the root of all good / evil was not done for the lulz.

Speculate "Official Bethesda World View" pontificates that our race of apes is too stupid and puny to achieve the great aspirations of civilizations:

stack the rocks at Stone-hedge, socially engineer the pyramids, or burn the planet in a nuclear fire storm,

with out the support / shepherding of non specific deities, a.k.a. Space Aliens!

I point your critical attention to B-Soft and their mighty sky father Zenimax.

I direct your collective judgement to the possible corporate betrayal of human free will!

[silence]

:hahano:

Well. If free will is just another path of misdirection, then, maybe Space Aliens are at the core of B-Softs economic success! :o

4too

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
2emhil5.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom