Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bethesda proudly presents, The Elder Scrolls: Redfall

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Are they going to revert to the XP leveling system of Arena and Daggerfall instead of the jumping-casting-brewing-forging-enchanting leveling system since Morrowind?

Arena had XP, Daggerfall already had the system of today.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
If Bethesda could create Arena today, whole map of Tamriel with overland travel, meaningfull content, normal XP.

Yea that will never happen

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Not surprised. Blacks are all the rage now, it makes sense to have a full-black population Elder Scrolls. I expect a lot of nerd rage from the NAZIs online, will be fun!
The Redguards were interesting until that one game with the adoring fan took a heavy shit on everything. But even if they brought back the PGE cultures, they'll just fuck the mechanics in some new way.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
My anticipation for Redfall is gone. I'm already bored of the game.

(saw a video on youtube about someone talking about the "awesome" possibilities and events in Redfall, while a boring ESO landscape was scrolling by, and it gave me flashbacks of this boring and generic Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim thingy. Nope, doesn't click with me).

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Yeah... I can imagine the invasion:

Similar like the civil war in Skyrim: for 5 minutes a couple of attacking Redguards spawn (behind stones or trees - always when you're not looking at this direction), and if you don't die during this "invasion", you have defeated the invasion in one place. 16 other places to go. Same soulless formula all over again. Blergh...

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Yeah... I can imagine the invasion:

Similar like the civil war in Skyrim: for 5 minutes a couple of attacking Redguards spawn (behind stones or trees - always when you're not looking at this direction), and if you don't die during this "invasion", you have defeated the invasion in one place. 16 other places to go. Same soulless formula all over again. Blergh...

I don't think so. The elder scrolls VI will probably be made for next gen consoles. Unlike Skyrim engine which was made for Pentium IV era cpu performance and 512mb unified RAM, next gen consoles are probably around 4 Zen cores @3ghz + 16gb unified ram. This will definitely allow for more characters on screen.

Codex Year of the Donut
If Bethesda could create Arena today, whole map of Tamriel with overland travel, meaningfull content, normal XP.

Yea that will never happen
Doesn't Elder Scrolls Online cover the whole map?
yes
it's actually pretty decent for the solo play, I picked it up for $5 on steam iirc
the quests are all pretty high quality instead of typical MMO 'go kill 10 boars'

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom