Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bethesda to develop and publish Fallout 3?

Ausir

Arcane
mr. lamat said:
they'll be inhereting the special system and what was built of the current engine at BIS.

As for the Van Buren engine, I doubt it. They will probably use none of the old engine and designs.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
Everyone is rejoicing on the forums like Something Aweful and those Bethesda tards, its useless, I'm tired of having to defend fallout all the time against the swarm.

Greenskin13

Erudite
Yikes, this thread grew fast.

I've never been a very good net-debater, but maybe this is the time for the troops to rally. Seems like they think us fans are going to flamebomb their forums. They're already talking about IP bans and the such.

Mr. Teatime

Liturgist
NMA has died it seems so I'll post here
http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=24639

HomeLAN - How much input will Interplay have in the development of Fallout 3? Can they say "yes" or "no" to things like game design, story, etc?

Pete Hines - We have complete creative control over the development of the game.

HomeLAN - Will any team members from the previous Fallout games be involved in Fallout 3?

Pete Hines - Too early to talk about stuff like that.

HomeLAN - Ok. Final question..has development of Fallout 3 actually begun and can you give us any idea of a release date?

Pete Hines - I'll take the last one first. WAY too early to talk release dates. Yeah, we've started pre-production on Fallout 3 development.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Sad thing is Bethseda is not even worth going to war with. theya re beneath such active contempt.

Avin

Liturgist
strange... my first reaction as total panic. after that i thought that maybe they are going to use the jefferson engine, the game that was half developed at BIS and that probably it will be a far more serious (more close to TO than FO2) game.

INTERNET2.0

Novice
What a bunch of pathetic children you all are. OH MY GOD BETHESDA DON'T PUT HAIR ON DEATHCLAWS OR I'LL BURY YOU I SWEAR TO GOD WE'LL DO IT. IF I DON'T LIKE YOUR GAME I'M GOING TO KILL MYSELF AND YOU'LL BE SORRY.

I don't even care about Fallout, but after being linked to this thread from my forums I just had to tell you all what I think of you and your childish whining. You should be grateful you're getting anything at all, you little snots. No wonder the RPG Codex forums have such a bad reputation on the rest of the internet.

Ausir

Arcane
If Fallout 3 is only in pre-production now, that means they're making a new game from scratch, rather than using the old engine. Besides, they only bought the FO license, not the engine from IPLY.

evilmonkey

Liturgist
INTERNET2.0 said:
What a bunch of pathetic children you all are. OH MY GOD BETHESDA DON'T PUT HAIR ON DEATHCLAWS OR I'LL BURY YOU I SWEAR TO GOD WE'LL DO IT. IF I DON'T LIKE YOUR GAME I'M GOING TO KILL MYSELF AND YOU'LL BE SORRY.

I don't even care about Fallout, but after being linked to this thread from the SA forums I just had to tell you all what I think of you and your childish whining. You should be grateful you're getting anything at all, you little snots. No wonder the RPG Codex forums have such a bad reputation on the rest of the internet.

Do I spot some hypocrisy in that remark.

Some people, and not that many - goes over to your forums bashing a little - and then you do the same, coming here bashing us for the very same thing? HO HO HO, you sure are a comical one.

Avin

Liturgist
well, there were some screenshots... but if they are moving to FP i won't be following this game for a while. well, at least puuk should be happy now :)

fnordcircle

Liturgist
Frowning at my monitor as I read your dumb post.
Not to poop on the party, but I'm actually just happy to have another FO RPG on the market. I like the setting and even if it doesn't go down as a fitting successor to FO1 or FO2, I'm still looking foward to it.

The kneejerk 'OMGLOL it'll be a mod 4 morrowcrap' response is silly.

INTERNET2.0

Novice
evilmonkey said:
INTERNET2.0 said:

I don't even care about Fallout, but after being linked to this thread from the SA forums I just had to tell you all what I think of you and your childish whining. You should be grateful you're getting anything at all, you little snots. No wonder the RPG Codex forums have such a bad reputation on the rest of the internet.

Do I spot some hypocrisy in that remark.

Some people, and not that many - goes over to your forums bashing a little - and then you do the same, coming here bashing us for the very same thing? HO HO HO, you sure are a comical one.

My forums? What are you talking about? No one has "bashed" at my forums.

Transcendent One

Liturgist
INTERNET2.0 said:

Haha anyone see the irony

evilmonkey

Liturgist
oh - at your hometurf then - happy?

alas not yours in the way of ownership - ok?

if you wanna troll due to someone trolling, fine - but do it somewhere else - as if anything trolls are unwanted, no?

INTERNET2.0

Novice
Transcendent One said:
INTERNET2.0 said:

Haha anyone see the irony

Irony -

The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.
An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.
A literary style employing such contrasts for humorous or rhetorical effect. See

Please learn the definition of the word "irony" before using it in the future, and please try to understand basic grammar and punctuation.

This is a comma. Learn how to use it.

INTERNET2.0

Novice
evilmonkey said:
oh - at your hometurf then - happy?

alas not yours in the way of ownership - ok?

if you wanna troll due to someone trolling, fine - but do it somewhere else - as if anything trolls are unwanted, no?

No, no one is "bashing" at my forums.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Actually, someone called Chaos One (which is strinkingly similar to Hades One, which i don't think is a coincidence) has badmouthed the Codex on the Bethesda forums. Some of your more enthusiastic forum buddies lashed out for some reason or other at the site.

Avin

Liturgist
internet 2.0 is actually harvé enjoying his revenge against fallout fans.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom