Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Beyond Good & Evil 2

Dodo1610

Arcane
Still very fuzzy on the details, but what Ancel tries to pull off seems to be narratively as well as emotionally complex. I'm intrigued and may actually play an Ubisoft game again, the first since 2008.

How did she go from whatever she is in this game to running an orphanage 5 years later ffs
After watching the trailer I'm a bit confused. Isn't this supposed to be a prequel? Then what does Pay'j and Evil Jade is doing there?

The timeline from the first part is bust already, sadly, but here it's still consistent. Jade's been growing up on Hyllis for 20 years, not knowing that she has once been a very mighty asset of the DomZ forces. In General Kehck's final words, he implies that she has an exceptionally long life (he literally says she's been hunted for hundreds of years, but that's where the timeline just explodes).

So, "Evil Jade" or rather Shauni is there, decades earlier, for a reason. But old Pey'J – infected arm in wraps, recognizing Jade as the person he raised, scar over his eye – his presence spells time travel shenannigans if I'm not mistaken.

In any case, when Ancel & team talk about Jade's "parents" or her "birth", I strongly assume there's metaphor involved.

It makes sense to not spoil the first game's ending since most people simply haven't played it. The first game's ending makes it pretty clear that everything we know of Jade is a lie even her age. Since she is some realy powerful DOMZ being stuck in a human body it's possible that she doesn't age like normal human beings. The big question is will they explain in BGE2 how Jade was created and how she does not remember her DOMZ past.

TedNugent

Arcane
Nah, it's client is actually the fastest one of the whole bunch.

I concur, Uplay is the least problematic one among major 3. I always use it offline without any problems so far.
Meanwhile I have two legit passwords for my Origin account :lol: You can't explain this shit.

Question - why would you use either, they're both shit.

Considering the level of vitriol against Steam, I can't understand why anyone would tolerate using two totally unnecessary clients just to run games from two of the worst publishers.

A) there are no games from Ubishit and EA worth playing (yet, 2 years after you wrote this, mind)
B) they are platforms designed specifically with bad intentions in mind, e.g. advertising shit for EA/Ubi's proprietary junkbox, upselling DLC, creating their "own steam" etc
C) they're literally DRM; of the worst and most intrusive kind. The kind that actually requires user involvement, logins, active online authentications, password managements, installations, end user agreements that you physically have to sign, automatic updates, a client through which all of their shitty games have to be launched, etc etc

It should be fought against with all conceivable effort.

I liked Beyond Good and Evil. I played it about 15 years ago after buying it for $7 used at Gamestop for the Playstation 2. It was fun. I will pass if uPlay is the only way to play it. But if they give it to me for $7 at Gamestop used on a platform that isn't "always online" and cancer-ridden, sure, I'd really love that.j

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Joking aside, it looks like the most ambitious ubisoft game to date.

Egosphere

Arcane
I wish they made another Prince of Persia, but stuck to the roots and not the nu-age ass creed format

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:roll:
New India ....niggers are not indians. If the protagonist was an Indian i wouldn't have had a problem,there are not many of them in games. At this point everything is nigger that comes from ubishit.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

Ubisoft is hard at work to make this game less and less like Beyond Good and Evil. Seriously, is there anything in there which bears similarity with the original Beyond Good and Evil, with the exception of the talking animals?

BGE 1 was a fairly tiny and simply game in terms of complexity and scope. Making something in the same vain today would make a giant like Ubisoft look like a joke. It's go big or go home for these studios.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Ubisoft is hard at work to make this game less and less like Beyond Good and Evil. Seriously, is there anything in there which bears similarity with the original Beyond Good and Evil, with the exception of the talking animals?

BGE 1 was a fairly tiny and simply game in terms of complexity and scope. Making something in the same vain today would make a giant like Ubisoft look like a joke. It's go big or go home for these studios.

I understand that, that's why it shouldn't be a big Ubisoft game. It should have been made as a side project, by a passionate smaller studio, with Ubisoft funding.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Shareholders disagree.

I concede though Ubisoft has done a better job in the past supporting medium sized games. I suppose the creation of Private Division and the sorts is also a signal that gamers are getting saturated with expensive but unfulfilling fast food.

Still, there seems to be a creative heart beating inside BGE2.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Doubt it,the game have like 2000 fans. I don't know who came up with that shit. The first game was mediocre PlayStation level design shit with a few interesting ideas,mainly the camera.
This is probably fanta at his peak trolling, but I actually agree with this.

The original game was no sacred cow of any kind. It's a bit of everything from 3D games of the early 2000s and before. A bit of Zelda, cartoony artstyle and comic book storyline (Which consist of a bit of everything from talking animals to space opera, too), some driving, simplified cinematic platforming. And honestly, if I were the lead on this game, I'd be confused on what the core gameplay should be, since the original was such a kitchen sink. The spaceship thing was also a total tease, taking the player directly to the final mission. BGE2 already improved on that, with lots of focus on spaceship and planetary exploration.

All things considered, I'd be a bit optimistic on this game. There's not much to desire except flying cartoony spaceships and talking animals. It seems the developers were having fun with the setting/ concept art too, and good for them if they take some of Ubi open world approach to gameplay, so they can appeal to audiences that want the "cult gaming cred" but wouldn't play the original game.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
A new Q&A was published on the game’s official website, where a fan asked if the game would require an internet connection of any kind – even if they were playing by themselves. The developer responded:

Beyond Good and Evil 2 is an online, multiplayer game with a rich co-op and seamless experience. As such, the game will only be playable with an internet connection in order to have seamless navigation, receive dynamic updates, and play with friends (which is certainly better when you’re playing as a Space Pirate!),” the developer noted.

“The choice to play co-op, however, remains yours to make, so playing BGE2 solo is absolutely possible if you’re into that lone Space Pirate kinda thing…”

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
What does this game have to do with BG&E again? I seem to fail to see the connection. Always online killed it anyway, though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom