Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

BG2 is overrated, not as good as BG1 and is not a top 10 CRPG

• Thread starter Deleted Member 16721
  • Start date

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
You should all be playing some other games right now. Lililiura especially.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
hub based city exploration is always better than having a 'full' city because it gives the illusion of a larger city. Otherwise you have shit like Skyrim where the "capital" of the country has like 10 buildings and 20 people in it.

Unless someone makes an effort and implements a proper city. BG was such one instance, Novigrad was another.

BG1 is tiresome. 2/3rds of the wilderness land area and random spawns could be cut out with no loss of real content. Only the titular city itself is great, the rest of the non-wilderness areas are completely unremarkable.

BG2 had the right idea to start in the city. The main plot's linearity is very unfortunate though.

Skdursh

Savant
I like the general feeling of exploration and various side-quest story-lines of BG1 and I'm really fond of the opening sequence, but feel like the combat was just insanely monotonous and by the end it felt like I had to force myself to get through all of it. Low-level combat in D&D based RTwP games is just incredibly dull to me in general, but it was especially dull in the first Baldur's Gate (I could stand it somewhat better in the Neverwinter Nights series). The bulk of the length of BG1 just felt like unnecessary filler combat, which as previously mentioned, was shit and I really don't like when games artificially pad out their length with combat, especially when it's extremely boring combat. BG2 had a much more vibrant and interesting environment, the companions were overall more interesting and less annoying, but the combat especially was vastly more interesting due to the much expanded set of tools at your disposal. It also didn't feel like they had so much of the unnecessary combat thrown in there just to bulk out the game, but that feeling could also just be a side-effect of the combat not feeling so ridiculously trite. Overall BG1 is good because of how it helped to revive the genre and make way for better games to be made in the future, but BG2 is a vastly superior game with better pacing, a more interesting world, better feeling combat and it outclassed the first game is basically every conceivable way.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
You should all be playing some other games right now. Lililiura especially.

100 write-ups in 2 years is p. balanced.
Nothing about your life is balanced! Weren't you the one raging at everyone in the BG2 thread without even having anything to contribute? You are disturbed. Also you are stuck in the past and are missing out on countless great games yet somehow think you are worthy of providing "commentary & criticism"...

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I see you have been aptly tagged.

Oh, that's right. You were the one crying for pages and pages about getting a tag. Then, you got a few more. Those tears were delicious.

Now, you get around the 'Dex like a jingling jester. It's funny.

huckc

Novice
BG1 world: Somewhat boring but felt authentic and 75% open. Every map had at least two interesting locations/fights but were mostly walking simulators. Baldur's Gate city was a nice carrot.

BG2 world: More interesting but felt like a theme park. No carrot to look forward to as you're dropped right in the city.

Not sure which is better but BG1 captured my imagination.

Theldaran

Liturgist

Oh, that's right. You were the one crying for pages and pages about getting a tag. Then, you got a few more. Those tears were delicious.

That got me thinking, why haven't you gotten a tag already?

You gotta protect like the only individual equipped with a cunt in the whole Codex. So, cuck reasons.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Jade Empire was at least unique in the genre. It might have been KotoR but not as interesting but at least they did something risky.

Yes, warping Asian culture to suit white guy's fantasy is a real risky thing to do....

Making a RPG that is not about aliens or mutants or elves is risky to them. It doesn't matter how westernized the setting is.

:lol:

Final Fantasy games include all of those just to be safe.

Cael

Arcane
You gotta protect like the only individual equipped with a cunt in the whole Codex. So, cuck reasons.

Is this information certified? How do you know that individual indeed owns a cunt? Have you peeked under her skirt? It may be a PR tactic to attract incels to read the blog, or even worse, A TRAP, a gay/trans looking to fool poor incels...
The more probable reason is that he slipped infinishit a few shekels on the side. On the casting couch.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot

Truth hurts? You must already know you are a fuck up, why even argue at this point?

Deleted Member 16721

So BG1 is just the superior game, I think we can all agree. It's just so organic and natural, freeflowing, relaxing, adventurous and more. BG is clearly the better game and this topic is clearly the better topic than the other one going on right now.

Lhynn

Arcane
So BG1 is just the superior game, I think we can all agree. It's just so organic and natural, freeflowing, relaxing, adventurous and more. BG is clearly the better game and this topic is clearly the better topic than the other one going on right now.
The only thing thats clear is that you are a retard.

Lhynn

Arcane
The only thing thats clear is that you are a retard.

What's even clearer is your mother's pussy juice on my cock when I bang her silly every night.
You are such a massive faggot i dont think you can get it up.

The only reason you pushed this was so that the crazy lady with the blog would like you. Stop being so fucking pathetic, and stop trying to push your retarded opinion as fact, i have already destroyed any of the claims about BG1 being better than 2 in this thread and nobody has been able to argue back against it.

Spineless cunt.

Last edited:

Deleted Member 16721

You are such a massive faggot i dont think you can get it up.

The only reason you pushed this was so that the crazy lady with the blog would like you. Stop being so fucking pathetic, and stop trying to push your retarded opinion as fact, i have already destroyed any of the claims about BG1 being better than 2 in this thread and nobody has been able to argue back against it.

Spineless cunt.

Massive faggots can get it up, otherwise how would you explain you getting rammed up the ass every night by a one night hookup from Grindr.

I have no problems with Crazy Blog Lady. I found some of her insights fascinating. But I could care less if she likes me or not. BG1 is clearly the superior game and BG2 is the start of BioWare decline as we know it. Stop trying to fight an uphill battle when everyone here agrees with me.

And I have plenty of spine. Although hitting your mom from the back every night might be giving me some curvature of it as I constantly lean forward to jiggle her massive tiddies. I'll have to get that checked soon.

Lhynn

Arcane
everyone here agrees with me.
Then everyone here is retarded.

BG1 is a mediocre rpg about exploration and low level adventuring. Generic to a fault and just one more for the pile.
BG2 is a unique rpg about epic adventures in a magical world. Started a new subgenre, much like Diablo and Falllout did.

If you enjoy BG1 more, then good for you.
BG2 tho, is a lot more important with good reason, its strengths are strengths very few other games in the genre share.

Deleted Member 16721

Then everyone here is retarded.

BG1 is a mediocre rpg about exploration and low level adventuring. Generic to a fault and just one more for the pile.
BG2 is a unique rpg about epic adventures in a magical world. Started a new subgenre, much like Diablo and Falllout did.

If you enjoy BG1 more, then good for you.
BG2 tho, is a lot more important with good reason, its strengths are strengths very few other games in the genre share.

Look, BG2 has some cool things. Magical items, magic in general, higher level encounters with more "stuff" happening in them. But it lacks a cohesive vision. It goes from set piece to set piece with no real connection between any of them and a very weak story element "moving it forward" (and I used those words lightly.) BG1 has almost no story moving it forward, yet it's relaxing to adventure in and feels like a genuine, handcrafted world. BG2 just feels like you're moving from map to map to fight some enemies and a boss. BG1 feels like you're actually *exploring* and discovering the world in an organic, natural way.

Lhynn

Arcane
Look, BG2 has some cool things. Magical items, magic in general, higher level encounters with more "stuff" happening in them. But it lacks a cohesive vision. It goes from set piece to set piece with no real connection between any of them
This is the exact same thing for BG1. Are you fucking high? The only real difference is that BG1 has a ton of empty maps where you kill trashmobs.

and a very weak story element "moving it forward" (and I used those words lightly.) BG1 has almost no story moving it forward
Its the fucking same you retarded twat. BG2 fills the weak story with strong questing. BG1 fills it with fuckall.

yet it's relaxing to adventure in and feels like a genuine, handcrafted world.
They are both handcrafted. Tho why you would claim BG1 is "more handcrafted" than BG2 when you literally have huge maps with nothing but maybe a quest in BG1 while you have maps filled with encounters, traps and some puzzles sprinkled in BG2 is beyond me. I really think you have no fucking clue what you are talking about.

BG2 just feels like you're moving from map to map to fight some enemies and a boss.
I dont care what BG2 feels like to you, you are an aspie. The truth is BG2 has very good questing.
In BG1 you get to generic area N°07, you find a chicken, it speaks. You take it to its "master", the chiken dies. You move on.
You go to generic area N°09, some hot chick wants to kiss you, you die.
But if you stick to the crit path, you get to the mines, you move from map to map to map, fight some enemies and a boss. Its the fucking same.

You can tell me you prefer BG1 quest structure, and im ok with that, but you cant claim its better than you adventures in the planar sphere. Which starts with the hunt for valygar corthala which also leads you to a forest where you fight a shadow dragon in another unrelated quest.

BG1 feels like you're actually *exploring* and discovering the world in an organic, natural way.
Because in BG1 theres actual exploration. In BG2 there isnt any, because exploration in BG1 is shit, and if you like it theres something wrong with you, but we already know theres something wrong with you. So just fuck off.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom