Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Binary Domain バイナリー ドメイン : Revenge Solves Everything

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Why is opening theme J-pop so addictive?

Sukeban Cho

Erudite
I can't believe you used Agony for this.

Now my soul will not be able to find rest until the day I get my own edit of Kannazuki no Miko's ending splash screen with Bo and Dan in place of Himeko and Chikane. :oops:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Hmm it gets tiresome, but you'll see why later. Dan isn't about being American. Dan stands for something else...totally. Next update will take 6-7 hours I guess. Pretty colorful too, as we move into Mifune's turf.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Good shit is good. will play it later

thanks RK47 :thumbsup:

keep fighting the good fight with your LPs or whatever the fuck else you do

Why is opening theme J-pop so addictive?
because you're weeaboos, so you like faggot music

:rpgcodex:

Erebus

Arcane
That fight seemed pretty brutal. But then, considering the size of the foe, it would be disappointing otherwise !

What exactly will cause the player to lose ? The whole team being down with nobody able to heal himself ?

Impressing Legs is apparently going to take some time, but destroying a giant death spider robot together can only be a step in the right direction.

RK47

Patron
if any of the team member dies. game over.
u can't stay down forever too/ some times bots will shoot at you even when downed, killing you quickly.

RK47

Patron
Link the youtube. I need more tracks really. I can't keep up. :) Contribute some.

You have nerves of steel to put up with this game. Took me half a day to not remove from an inventory, 5 mins of playing to give up in frustration at how shitty the mouse control was. Some kind of reverse mouse smoothing, wtf? This may be worse than RE4's controls were, at least its mouse support had the excuse of being a mod and it didn't require good accuracy.

RK47

Patron
You have nerves of steel to put up with this game. Took me half a day to not remove from an inventory, 5 mins of playing to give up in frustration at how shitty the mouse control was. Some kind of reverse mouse smoothing, wtf? This may be worse than RE4's controls were, at least its mouse support had the excuse of being a mod and it didn't require good accuracy.

Ah, RE4. Lasted 2 minutes before I quit in disgust.
BD isn't for everyone, but the whole package is pleasing enough to me. I've no regrets.

RK47

Patron
Here comes my favorite part of the game:

The following spoiler is safe to view after watching the video.

This segment is really outstanding to me because Dan went ice cold for the first time.The whole torture on the Hollow Child made me felt pity and sympathetic. I expected Dan to do something about the cruelty, maybe a merciful death, but what I got instead was nothing I expected. I know I should've put the America Fuck Yeah theme when he unloaded a whole clip, but it didn't seem to fit.

"Only humans can die"

This Dan scares me.

Erebus

Arcane
I'd say the odds that at least one member of the team is a Hollow Child are pretty high.

Two technical questions :

- How are the equipments of your companions managed ? How do they get healing kits, for example ?

- What's the effect of trust ?

RK47

Patron
Equipment
You can upgrade their main gun as well and buy their kits. It's not auto-resupply.
You can also buy nanokits for them as well. They have the same upgrade options as Dan, although it differs in effects. And they wield different weapons.
Bo: LMG
Charlie: SMG
Rachel: Shotgun
Faye: Sniper

Trust = Order compliant - minor issue.
The most important aspect of trust is the consequence system
Low trust = Bad ending for the character
High trust = Good ending.
It wasn't like Mass Effect where doing personal quest would make them invulnerable to death or some shit.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
The game only sold 20,000 units the first month in North America while Turd Effect 3 sold over 1,000,000 first month. :decline:

Guess the game needed more hype. It did seem to have kicked ass in Japan.

RK47

Patron
Not enough marketing. The steam store screenshots are awful. Poor control port to PC. Sega really didn't give a shit.
What I am amazed with is that they had SIX teams making SIX LANGUAGE versions for the VA and voice recognition.
Talk about messed up list of priorities.

It's ambitious but no one heard of it before. And the Steam Forum is full of ppl condemning its mouse acceleration issues. I had problems with it yeah, but the whole package of the game pleases me immensely. A huge wasted opportunity.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Is it at least possible to edit a ini file? Alice Madness Returns had the same control issues but it was possible to tweak.

RK47

Patron
no luck. i did get used to it and started kicking ass late game.
but now im stuck with shit gun upgrades and start sucking once more.
but i have no excuse to death by rocket on the face. that was probably me trying too hard to impress.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Man, this is a really cynical game, especially considering how Japanese usually view the "what can change the nature of a man" subject matter. Now I want to play it too.

Anyway, with Heart Of Madness posted, some more gloriously 80's themes:

Back to the future:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom