Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News BioWare is still alive

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare

After yesterday's announcement that the BioDocs left the sinking ship retired from BioWare to pursue other interests (beer etc.) General Manager Aaryn Flynn made a blog-post explaining that BioWare still thrives and prospers.
Love of games, respect for the players, teamwork and integrity – those are the hallmarks of a culture built by Ray and Greg. It started in their hearts and minds, ran through their daily actions, and resonated deeply in the people that joined them in their remarkable journey. And now with their retirement, the creative teams at BioWare Edmonton & Montreal are ready to carry on that legacy:

• DRAGON AGE 3: Inquisition – Yesterday, we announced that BioWare is now developing the next chapter of the Dragon Age series. Executive Producer Mark Darrah and our teams have been meeting with fans about what they want in a new Dragon Age game. I love spending time with the Dragon Age team as they work on Inquisition. The thought-provoking discussions, the fun, and most of all, the discovery of what’s possible on a new engine is both exhilarating and humbling.

• MASS EFFECT – Executive Producer Casey Hudson and his team are coming off an amazing eight-year run with the Mass Effect trilogy. But they’re not done yet. We are releasing more multiplayer content and we have more single-player stories coming throughout the next six months, including Omega which is coming in the Fall. But the Mass Effect universe is vast, and Casey and our teams have plans for another full game. “Where to go next?” with such a project has been a question a lot of us have been asking, and we’d all love to hear your ideas.

• BRAND NEW GAMES FROM BIOWARE – Both Dragon Age and Mass Effect started as single games but grew into vast universes. But we aren’t stopping there. While Casey continues to oversee the development of our new Mass Effect project, he and his leads are putting together their vision for an all new game set in a fictional universe, built from the bottom-up with all new gaming technology.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
FlynnTweet.png

General Fucking Manager.

kris

Arcane
• MASS EFFECT – Executive Producer Casey Hudson and his team are coming off an amazing eight-year run with the Mass Effect trilogy. But they’re not done yet. We are releasing more multiplayer content and we have more single-player stories coming throughout the next six months, including Omega which is coming in the Fall. But the Mass Effect universe is vast, and Casey and our teams have plans for another full game. “Where to go next?” with such a project has been a question a lot of us have been asking, and we’d all love to hear your ideas.

Mass Effect 2014 confirmed.

Micmu

Magister
General Manager Aaryn Flynn made a blog-post explaining that BioWare still thrives and prospers.
Yup, prospers so much it's shedding crucial employees like there is no tomorrow. It was way too prosperous for them, I guess. :salute:

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
Fuck that loser.

He is not a loser. He just shows corporate values in America and what you need to do to get to the top, because there were other people to choose from. Like people who have passion for games, quality, love their fans and are competent. Flynn is neither...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
While Casey continues to oversee the development of our new Mass Effect project, he and his leads are putting together their vision for an all new game set in a fictional universe, built from the bottom-up with all new gaming technology.
Heh, every new series Bioware has tried to make since they were bought by EA has been canceled because production ramps up on either DA or ME and they need more people on them, so they end up pulling them from the other teams, scuttling said projects before they can gain enough inertia. Though I suppose the eve of a new console generation is the best opportunity to succeed at such a thing.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anybody who's more creative than me want to make a Bio version of this?

godsend1989

Scholar
Divinity: Original Sin
Release Mirror`s Edge 2 fucking cunts, i bet they better make few more DLC`s for ME or DA then continue that game.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
FlynnTweet.png

General Fucking Manager.
he's right though. those guys are fucking morons. you have to be a moron to believe that bioware would amount to anything more than it does now if only it would get rid of flynn and hepler.

Angthoron

Arcane
I gotta say, though, there's got to be something seriously fucking wrong with you if you're an exec in (apparently?) fourties and your responses can be summed up by "Fuck you". All jokes and stereotypes aside - that's a good show of being unprofessional as fuck.

I'm glad BioWare is in good hands! :lol:

Angthoron

Arcane

jewboy

Arbiter
I'm very glad they are gone. It's like a final stake through the corpse. The Dragon Age / Mass Effect franchise will continue on forever as EA games, which they were already indistinguishable from. This is what happens when money is your only value. The name Bioware doesn't really mean anything any more. Just a brand that EA purchased.

Angthoron

Arcane
Anybody who's more creative than me want to make a Bio version of this?

This is EA sir,
I thank you for calling, how are you,
I'm sorry, I am just an Indian
BioWare Studios?
They do what they must
Because they can -
For the good of all of us
(Who have a job at EA)

But there's no sense crying over the shit we make
Take a look at Casey, he's got fat from cupcakes
And the game's robbed of fun,
But the gamers are dumb
They'll preorder our next gay romance

We're just making money
We're just being sincere right now
Even though you're whining
On our forums
And sending us cupcakes
And being evil trolls across that line
As you troll we're glad we fleeced you!

Now this chain of bannings makes a beautiful Rhine
And we're forced out of beta, you'll be Jedi online!
And our profit has turned
Think of all new jets boss's earned,
From you retards that buy gay romance.

Don't try to leave us!
We'll torture your twi'lek on a rack
(Not unless you come on back to help her)
Look, Greg and Ray're gone!
They're gonna enjoy their lives,
You rubes.
Anyway, this cash's great,
It's so low-effort it's free!
Look at me still talking,
When there's sales pitch to do
When I look at our outline, I'm glad I'm not you
We've got tech support to run
There's modding to be done
For the people that are plain dumb
We'll sell you stories that make you dumb
You will be buying them cause you're dumb
And all the characters there are quite dumb
It's like our writers all took a dump
And you'll be playing this, you are dumb.
And when you're dying, you'll still be dumb.
Still be dumb!
Still be dumb.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom