Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News BioWare is still alive

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:bravo:

Cassidy

Arcane
Interplay also is still alive. And probably will remain such for Herve's business deals, where in a matter of months at best Bioware will, like Bullfrog, Origin etc, be erased from all EA records.

Unlike Bullfrog, Origin, Westwood etc, this time it is good riddance and better late than never.

FlynnTweet.png

General Fucking Manager.

:lol:

This is why any sane person won't treat anything that shoves your full dox right in with everything you post as GD, and why any sane person won't ever associate their social network dox with the Codex, lest they slurp a forest of unemployment.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
The fuck is this shit? EA owns the BioWare brand from now until forever. Until it has been exploited so much it has no more value, they can keep labeling games "BioWare" and BioWare "will be alive".

Thanks for the update Flynn. Jeesh.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I gotta say, though, there's got to be something seriously fucking wrong with you if you're an exec in (apparently?) fourties and your responses can be summed up by "Fuck you". All jokes and stereotypes aside - that's a good show of being unprofessional as fuck.

I'm glad BioWare is in good hands! :lol:

Remember the 'Fuck That Loser' incident? Apparently this shit's way more common than we thought.

deuxhero

Arcane
I gotta say, though, there's got to be something seriously fucking wrong with you if you're an exec in (apparently?) fourties and your responses can be summed up by "Fuck you". All jokes and stereotypes aside - that's a good show of being unprofessional as fuck.

What's wrong with Kamiya?

The fuck is this shit? EA owns the BioWare brand from now until forever. Until it has been exploited so much it has no more value, they can keep labeling games "BioWare" and BioWare "will be alive".

Thanks for the update Flynn. Jeesh.

Perhaps if EA lasts long enough, they will name their new DRM scheme Bioware!

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I doubt the gaming industry, as it is today, is really sustainable. If you follow the news closely enough, the cracks have already started to show since 2008-2009.
$50 million pumped into the industry this year through kickstarter. I wonder how that will affect things. I know that would only pay for like 2 AAA titles from a publisher, but it's still a good amount of money.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I doubt the gaming industry, as it is today, is really sustainable. If you follow the news closely enough, the cracks have already started to show since 2008-2009.
$50 million pumped into the industry this year through kickstarter. I wonder how that will affect things. I know that would only pay for like 2 AAA titles from a publisher, but it's still a good amount of money.
Like the indie bundles did, it will pry influence out of the hands of the publishers, which is a definite :incline: in my book. The status qvo of the big AAA publishers was already shaky due to bundles, indies on Steam and digital distribution in general. Now, Kickstarter one-ups that by changing the funding model as well, not just the distribution channels, thus radically changing the whole business model. In the current climate, the only downside that I see is the dependence of many indies on Steam, which is a closed platform that restricts the players and forces the developers to go through a monopolistic gatekeeper if they want to reach a large proportion of the audience. If Steam moves to Linux, then that will definite :incline: because it may signify more openness, which, in the long term may lead to them fixing the things that are wrong with their platform (forcing the user to login to even get in offline mode, the shakiness of the offline mode and the inability of users to transfer ownership of games at any point in time, for any reason). That would also bring Linux more into the mainstream, which would, in the long term, rid us of the Microsoft leviathan and its shit products.

Grimlorn

Arcane
People actually care about BioWare's current games?
Hell yeah people care. Every time I know a Bioware game is going to be released I know there are going to be a lot of lulz and drama. It's fucking great.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Pete Hines praised him: https://twitter.com/dcdeacon/status/171599782379388928
As I said when I posted this the first time, he probably had a flashback to the "full of shit" incident.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity

As I said when I posted this the first time, he probably had a flashback to the "full of shit" incident.

:balance:

Executer

Phrenologist
Project: Eternity
I guess Bioware is still alive, in the same way Dr. Copper was still alive towards the end of 'The Thing'.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Yesterday, we announced that BioWare is now developing the next chapter of the Dragon Age series.

I don't like the wording in this sentence. It gives me the cold, disgusting feeling that they might be toying with the idea of extending DA past the third game.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected

Pete Hines is a fucking idiot to. Codexers tend to portray him as being some ultra clever cynical mastermind when he's just some retarded Kwan-centric sports coach who digs some AAA gaming on his free time.

Anyway, we all know EA runs the show over at Bioware regardless of who's on staff.

piydek

Cipher
Pete Hines is a fucking idiot to. Codexers tend to portray him as being some ultra clever cynical mastermind when he's just some retarded Kwan-centric sports coach who digs some AAA gaming on his free time.

Anyway, we all know EA runs the show over at Bioware regardless of who's on staff.

Is this serious retardation or the worst fucking troll attempt I've ever seen?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom