Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect BioWare Montreal's Mass Effect: Andromeda - where element zero meets trisomy 21

Quillon

Arcane
They tried to polish a turd, but it still looks like shit.

Looks like they tried the opposite of polishing a turd... yes.

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath

Quillon

Arcane
They tried to polish a turd, but it still looks like shit.

Looks like they tried the opposite of polishing a turd... yes.
If you had to describe it in three words, which would you choose?

turned her ugly
If you think the before face doesn't look ugly, your judgment is invalid. All Andromeda faces are trash.
Do you even read, bro? We are comparing 2 faces; one is from an earlier build of the game and is much better looking by comparison...bla bla whatever and you come up with nonsense with "polish a turd"...who's polishing what? where it is actually "uglifying" if anything.

Codex Year of the Donut
Too bad that video doesn't have the blonde sidekick in it. They made her into an uggo too.
GUI developer included a picture of Cora from an earlier build in his portfolio, this is what Cora used to look like, top right(Liam & Peebee also look different)
eric-bellefeuille-a3.jpg

Same iteration, I assume she was used as a standin as the Ryder models weren't done yet:
eric-bellefeuille-b1.jpg

And another iteration on the left:
eric-bellefeuille-a9.jpg

source: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Qkbv3

Really feels like a fat ugly chick got into a higher-up position and decided to make all the women ugly.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Looks good but still plastic. Anyway, you can tell they were consciously trying to make a beautiful face there.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
Too bad that video doesn't have the blonde sidekick in it. They made her into an uggo too.
GUI developer included a picture of Cora from an earlier build in his portfolio, this is what Cora used to look like, top right(Liam & Peebee also look different)
eric-bellefeuille-a3.jpg

Same iteration, I assume she was used as a standin as the Ryder models weren't done yet:
eric-bellefeuille-b1.jpg

And another iteration on the left:
eric-bellefeuille-a9.jpg

source: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Qkbv3

Really feels like a fat ugly chick got into a higher-up position and decided to make all the women ugly.
All of the people in andromeda were weird. Ryder(M) was small and scrawny, with a slightly normal face, Ryder(F) looked autistic. They even made the krogan weird by making the leader krogan either a woman, or have the stereotype of a gay mans lisp, for some odd reason.

Yosharian

Arcane

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
At least Andromeda had a lot of funny bugs and stupid decisions,i laughed my ass of at the krogan fight. It was a game to get drunk and embrace the stupidity and have a fun time. While anthem is just boring splodge of reused fad mechanics and incompetent developers,also the frost byte engine is shit. Also lets not forget the glorious casey hudson,i am sure that they had a lot more superior version of the game,but he decided to make a whole new game and started over,and thus the end result.

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath

Men, does the narrator of that video not sound like if the asari medic from Andromeda smoked too many cigarettes?

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
A little bit of topic: Lol, for all its faults, it seems that Prospermeda still is a better game than Anthem. Hilarious.

That was p. evident since the very first reveal of Anthem and Andromeda is way better than ME2 and ME3 as well, not that that's a high bar to clear either.

Bioware is dead. Something is wearing its skin, but it's dead.

Codex Year of the Donut
A little bit of topic: Lol, for all its faults, it seems that Prospermeda still is a better game than Anthem. Hilarious.

That was p. evident since the very first reveal of Anthem and Andromeda is way better than ME2 and ME3 as well, not that that's a high bar to clear either.

ME2, yes. ME3 has IMO been judged unfairly and deserves a fresh look by people critical of it. It walked back many of the bad design decisions in ME2 while having much better combat than ME1.
I'd still rate ME1 the best but I had the most fun playing ME3 tbh. I don't think a meh ending is enough to doom the game to shit status.

Yosharian

Arcane

ME2, yes. ME3 has IMO been judged unfairly and deserves a fresh look by people critical of it. It walked back many of the bad design decisions in ME2 while having much better combat than ME1.
I'd still rate ME1 the best but I had the most fun playing ME3 tbh. I don't think a meh ending is enough to doom the game to shit status.
No fucking way. ME3 is fucking terrible. Finishing that game was an absolute chore, before we even begin discussing the ending.

And this is coming from someone who completed ME1 about 3-4 times, and had at least 3 Shepards ready to take through the entire series, although that dropped to two after ME2. ME3 was a crushing disappointment.

Codex Year of the Donut

No fucking way. ME3 is fucking terrible. Finishing that game was an absolute chore, before we even begin discussing the ending.

And this is coming from someone who completed ME1 about 3-4 times, and had at least 3 Shepards ready to take through the entire series, although that dropped to two after ME2. ME3 was a crushing disappointment.
What's terrible about it?

Reinhardt

Arcane

It's Bioware game.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

It is a corridor shooter without anything of what made the other two games good. It is boring,linear and dumb,it is the first bioware game i wished to end faster.

J1M

Arcane
The most obvious problem with Mass Effect 3 is the tone. Bringing law and order to the frontiers of space as a galactic lawman is the cool fantasy the series leverages. The core of that fantasy is freedom and autonomy. Mass Effect 3 is about a hopeless war where millions of people die each hour that you aren't engaging the final suicide battle. It is too dark.

Also, good games contain boss battles.

On that point, would the Mass Effect franchise have been better without the Reapers to begin with? I honestly think so. They built a great world and it had so much room for any number of compelling stories involving you as a Spectre, be they war, political intrigue, crime, whatever - take your pick - and they settled for "an ancient evil returns."

I get that it's BioWare and they have always just sort of reused the same plot, characters, and game structure, but come on.

J1M

Arcane
On that point, would the Mass Effect franchise have been better without the Reapers to begin with? I honestly think so. They built a great world and it had so much room for any number of compelling stories involving you as a Spectre, be they war, political intrigue, crime, whatever - take your pick - and they settled for "an ancient evil returns."

I get that it's BioWare and they have always just sort of reused the same plot, characters, and game structure, but come on.
Yes, the Reapers and Shepard's Vision bring great shame to the original Mass Effect.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom