Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News BioWare on how to monetise players

adure

Liturgist
shit like this is the cancer that kills gaming...

MikeHaggar

Educated
Project: Eternity
Gamers are actually happier, as they are able to spend money when they want.

We are happier... because we... are able to spend money?

not that this makes this "argument" any better but you misread what was said. gamers are happier because they're able to spend money when they want...
We always have been, it's just that nowadays we're paying more for less and paying full price for unfinished products and end up having to spend 100 bucks to get the complete game, when it all should've cost 40-50.
Unless you do the right thing and pirate DLC.

mbpopolano24

Arbiter

Alex_Steel

Arcane
Patron
Are they actively trying to demonise the word 'freedom' in order to make future generations believe it is something bad by definition? It surely worked with other words.

"Give me slavery any day, I've read what you damn free people did to the USA!"

Ermm

Erudite

So, this answer my question. There are people happy to buy all that shit. And probably enough to sustain the business model. Good for Bioware. Also, regarding the 'angry' ones, how do you know that they are not Codexian or any other kind of infiltrators? I can sign up, write an angry post, and shut down.

Because they write like a retard (angry) sheeples. Maybe with enough experience someone can pull it off, but you need to have skills, without sounding like troll.

Angthoron

Arcane
Well, this certainly goes the fuck against their "artist" stance. Unless they mean that they're all people with a Bachelor of Arts flipping burgers and asking the client if they'd like to buy extra topping for a dollar.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
They actually think this way. They sincerely believe that we want to give them money all the time and the only reason we didn't before is because they didn't release a product often enough.

Well, in order to prove them wrong, people will have to stop buying their games and DLCs.

Will people do that? It's an open question.

MikeHaggar

Educated
^^No they won't, most videogamers are whores with atrocious taste and far too generous parents.
Mainstream gaming is more or less dead, these days there's roughly 2 good games released per year (including all games, not just rpgs). All we can trust in are the not so AAA developers with decent budgets and kickstarter projects.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, in order to prove them wrong, people will have to stop buying their games and DLCs.

Will people do that? It's an open question.

It's certainly possible that people are doing that. We have no statistics available of DLC sales. Only rumors and tidbits. For example, wasn't DA2's second DLC considered a failure?

I know "mainstream" gaming is dead, and that I cannot expect anything good from it, so I enjoy some laughs with morons like this, that still buy Bioware products to analyze Tali's sweat.

All of these people must be retarded, or maybe the western world people are just too rich, and don't know what to do with their money, so it's know problem to throw it to people that rob them without shame, and even manage to convince most of them that "it's what the they want". Sheeple, sheeple never change.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
I know "mainstream" gaming is dead, and that I cannot expect anything good from it, so I enjoy some laughs with morons like this, that still buy Bioware products to analyze Tali's sweat.

All of these people must be retarded, or maybe the western world people are just too rich, and don't know what to do with their money, so it's know problem to throw it to people that rob them without shame, and even manage to convince most of them that "it's what the they want". Sheeple, sheeple never change.

It wouldn't be a problem if they were just honest about what genre they were in, to keep these fuckers from dictating the wrong market.
93023.jpg

That cover looks / sounds kind of perverted to me. I think I need help.

They actually think this way. They sincerely believe that we want to give them money all the time and the only reason we didn't before is because they didn't release a product often enough.

And they are right. The "we" doesn't include codexers and similar angry cunts, but most people are happy with how DLC works. Just check the comments section of any article about DLC in general. "We are getting more content? Huzzah!"

marooned

Liturgist
The industry is so perverted they don't even have the need to hide the bullshit and people still cheers and applauds them with fervor.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I's so refreshing to hear BioWare thinking more about Monetizing their player, instead of making, oh... a decent cRPG. Hell even a half assed cRPG. :salute:

Bulba

Learned
Why is everyone so butthurt about this? nothing new has been said... we all knew that. would you rather have them lie and say that they were planning on a no dlc game and then making 1k day 0 dlcs?

waywardOne

Arcane
Why is everyone so butthurt about this? nothing new has been said... we all knew that. would you rather have them lie and say that they were planning on a no dlc game and then making 1k day 0 dlcs?
Being an asshole is less contemptible than being smug about being an asshole.

Mirthless

Educated
Gaming is no diffferent from any other huge industry. Big corp. games are like mascara and skin products; new bland shit get's mass produced all the time with huge hype and massive advertisement. It's short lived, but no one cares because a new product is being made, hyped and celebrated beforehand.

MikeHaggar

Educated
rofl make up industry
its fucking sad that videogames can be compared to that. the industry is now far worse then hollywood lol. and for some reason these idiots keep trying to ape hollywood despite hollywood being shit producing shit for shit people

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom