Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bioware responds to same sex relationships in DA

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age 2

<p>David Gaider on the issue of <a href="http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/141/index/5531798/6#5534694" target="_blank">same sex romances</a>, often called bromances, in BioWare RPGs. I hope you see the significance, romances are half the RPG elements in Biogames as of late with the other half being cutscenes.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>So long as romances of any kind are optional and need to be actively pursued by the player in order to be experienced, they simply don't have a leg to stand on. Advocating that nobody should be able to have content you don't intend to personally use is largely pointless-- outside of a vague notion that such efforts should go towards other things, instead. Personally, it's not a <span style="font-style: italic;">lot </span>of effort to include them. The resources we can devote to a minority of players isn't great, but I imagine to those players it's quite worth it... and I would hope that some folks could be sensitive enough to be happy for those players, at the very least out of the selfish notion that <span style="font-style: italic;">they </span>may one day end up in the minority of some content issue and receive the same consideration if nothing else.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Wise words or bullshit? Decide for yourself.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Thanks to Jaesun for bringing our attention to this very important issue. I just used the words "very important" as an euphemism for "completely retarded" by the way.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><strong>Happy New Year</strong></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

racofer

Thread Incliner
VentilatorOfDoom said:
Wise words or bullshit? Decide for yourself.

It's bullshit.

D.Gaydar is merely trying to divert attention from the obvious dating sim emphasis their games have and tries to make the romances sound cerebral and detached from the main game. We know it's not like that and I bet over 50% of the time he devoted into writing this game was all dedicated for the romances, which he fondly thinks about every night before going to sleep as he hugs his pillow.

I'm relieved this guy has nothing to do with the Mass Effect games.

DreadMessiah

Liturgist
Uh yes it does. Romance doesn't only mean to fuck like rabbits. Look the word up next time before removing all doubt. :smug:

Also often =! always. Learn to comprehend what you "read".

:mob:

Since they have already scoured the content I enjoy from RPG's they can do whatever they want with them. Couldn't care less.

Actually, no. I hope they push on. Make them the central part of their game. The drama threads on here will make decent recompense.

Morkar Left

... and I would hope that some folks could be sensitive enough to be happy for those players, at the very least out of the selfish notion that may one day end up in the minority of some content issue and receive the same consideration if nothing else

I can feel you Gaider, I'm in a minority too. :salute:
I'm a rpg player who wants to play rpgs because of its rpg elements. But the majority only accepts datingsims and consolegame-buttonmashing nowadays :(

denizsi

Arcane
You know it's a ridiculous world when underachieving bald fat fucks are making money writing fanfic for retards.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
VentilatorOfDoom said:
Thanks to Jaesun for bringing our attention to this very important issue. I just used the words "very important" as an euphemism for "completely retarded" by the way.

:D

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Blackadder said:
Since they have already scoured the content I enjoy from RPG's they can do whatever they want with them. Couldn't care less.

Actually, no. I hope they push on. Make them the central part of their game. The drama threads on here will make decent recompense.
Yeah, it would be nice to start a trolling unit that would visit their forums and ask for ridiculous shit that would ruin the games for them.

Pablosdog

Prophet
DreadMessiah said:
Uh yes it does. Romance doesn't only mean to fuck like rabbits. Look the word up next time before removing all doubt. :smug:

Also often =! always. Learn to comprehend what you "read".

:mob:

No.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bromance

lBromance is not in essence romantic. It's a homosocial completely non romantic relationship between two men. Think the odd couple, star trek or Street fighter 2.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
I can only apologize for my lack of knowledge when it comes to things like gay romances, bromances and the subtle nuances... eh whatever. Thank god we have enough experts on the matter around here, so semantic inaccuracies will get revealed immediately.

Silellak

Cipher
VentilatorOfDoom said:
Thanks to Jaesun for bringing our attention to this very important issue. I just used the words "very important" as an euphemism for "completely retarded", but for some reason I still posted it as front-page news.
Fixed.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"We know it's not like that and I bet over 50% of the time he devoted into writing this game was all dedicated for the romances,"

No. Romances in BIO games are a small percentage.

" which he fondly thinks about every night before going to sleep as he hugs his pillow. "

You would know.

"I'm relieved this guy has nothing to do with the Mass Effect games."

Doesn't stop them having romances. L0L

Erzherzog

Magister
Morkar said:
... and I would hope that some folks could be sensitive enough to be happy for those players, at the very least out of the selfish notion that may one day end up in the minority of some content issue and receive the same consideration if nothing else

I can feel you Gaider, I'm in a minority too. :salute:
I'm a rpg player who wants to play rpgs because of its rpg elements. But the majority only accepts datingsims and consolegame-buttonmashing nowadays :(

:lol:

I have nothing of actual substance to contribute...sorry!

ortucis

Prophet
Developers who usually hype such things are the ones to insult the "interested parties" the most. Sort of like movie directors.

Well either way, BioWare could add some hardcore gay sex between Shepard and Rex and strategically place Tali in corner of the screen watching them.. their fans will still sit through the scene cause of Tali. So I don't see why Gaider is pleading with his fanbase at all. Unlike Romero, BioWare has successfully made their fanbase their bitch.

Hell March

Educated
He phrases his words more carefully than most modern politicans, and they mean even less.

The resources we can devote to a minority of players isn't great, but I imagine to those players it's quite worth it...

Read also as: "I'm pretty sure at this point we could charge them $50 for fried feces and they'd worship us for it."

Angthoron

Arcane
Hey guys, you're missing an important point here - one day they may include RPG into their interactive movies again, or maybe even decent gameplay for the minority of the players that enjoy to, like, play games.

Durr at you for focusing at the superficial.

D. Gaider, our hero, lord and saviour :love:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
No, that's a misquote taken out of context and twisted in usual Codex style.

Angthoron

Arcane
What, are you implying that BioWare believes in financial feasibility of branching storylines?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"What, are you implying that BioWare believes in financial feasibility of branching storylines?"

Within reason.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
This thread is a problem that need to go away for education.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom