Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview BioWare's guide to good Dragon Age previews.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I actually developed an allergy to the word grit...ty after reading it 10:000 in forums.

Such a stupid word too. Couldn't you find another catch word you fucking deconstrutivist cunts?

Lesifoere

Liturgist
aries202 said:
DA: Origins is a very bloody game; war isn't exactly a picknick or a some grand fairytale like King Cailan in DA: Origins seems to think. Bioware added that much blood, I think, to ensure that people understand that 'there is no honour in war' - only grief, sorrow, despair and darkness.

The blood and gore have nothing to do with the NEW SHIT audience, of course, as evidenced by Bioware's choice of tasteful music to--oh wait. Get Gaider's cock out of your mouth already. It's not a grand statement about the horror of war. It's to appeal to teenage boys. Or men with the mentality thereof.

Generally, people (npcs) in DA: Origins will have their own agenda; coerce, intimidate and persuade you will be doing a lot, if you so choose.

Oh yes, just like the persuasion/joke/threaten pie in Oblivion. Man, that was deep.

And for the record; all boobz-seeing in DA: Origins will be entirely optional and done after a lengthy 20-30 hour dialogue with your romantic interest.

Do you honestly think that makes it any less embarrassing? More, if anything--you devote twenty-thirty hours to see polygon boobs. Nothing is more pathetic than sex scenes in videogames. Nothing.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Wrong. People who bitch and moan about a company and their games nonstop then go buy and.or play them anyways. That's more pathetic.

Havinga heartattack as you waste a lot of time getting red in the face spamming how much you hate x instead of actually, you know, spending time on games you actually like. That's pathetic.

Then again, anyone posting on the internet is the very definition of pathetic by default so we're all losers here.

R00fles!

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Volourn said:
Havinga heartattack as you waste a lot of time getting red in the face spamming how much you hate x instead of actually, you know, spending time on games you actually like. That's pathetic.

...are you so obese and unhealthy that something as strenuous as posting on the Internet is liable to give you a heart attack? You should go see someone about that, Volly darling.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
SCO said:
I actually developed an allergy to the word grit...ty after reading it 10:000 in forums.

Such a stupid word too. Couldn't you find another catch word you fucking deconstrutivist cunts?
Alan Moore doesn't like the word grit either. Read his Frank Miller parody GRIT!, starring Dourdevil, the man without a sense of humour!

kris

Arcane
aries202 said:
And for the record; all boobz-seeing in DA: Origins will be entirely optional and done after a lengthy 20-30 hour dialogue with your romantic interest.

I don't think it will take 20 hours to make a few dialogue choices.

Lesifoere said:
Volourn said:

...are you so obese and unhealthy that something as strenuous as posting on the Internet is liable to give you a heart attack? You should go see someone about that, Volly darling.

R00fles! :D

Weresloth

Novice
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Weresloth said:
All BioWare games suck even though most people even on these forums would agree that is not really the case
WTF are you smoking, and where can I get some of that stuff?

You feel that most people think that BG1 and BG2 sucked? I don't think that is the case.

Weresloth

Novice
Clockwork Knight said:
kris said:
aries202 said:

Fetch quests? "Find my necklace"

Goodness lets not get into how terrible 'fetch quests' are. Beacons of RPGdom such as the Fallouts and PST were loaded with them. They are in fact a necessary evil for most video games.

kris

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
kris said:
aries202 said:

Fetch quests? "Find my necklace"

that is not dialogue. aries202 said it was 20-30 hours of dialogue, not fetch quests ;)

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"...are you so obese and unhealthy that something as strenuous as posting on the Internet is liable to give you a heart attack? You should go see someone about that, Volly darling."

So naive, so ignorant, so retarded. Why do you post shit?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Weresloth said:
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Weresloth said:
All BioWare games suck even though most people even on these forums would agree that is not really the case

You feel that most people think that BG1 and BG2 sucked? I don't think that is the case.
BG1 was shit and BG2 was NWN2 OC level.

And there's a world of difference between BG era Bioware and everything Bioware has made after that. The only actual thing they've kept is recycling the same plots and shitty characters for every game.

Annonchinil

Scholar
You know I used to accept the fact that the average gamer is 25-30 years old, but then I read that those studies do not survey the 18 and under, making the data kind of useless.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"So how's that spamming forums until you're red in the face and nearing a heart attack working out for you? You about to undergo cardiac arrest yet? We'll miss your r00fling your way through Bioware threads a bit, but on balance it'll be a gain, I think."

You cryin' again? Wow.

aries202

Erudite
For the record, I am not an has never been an employee of Bioware. I also don't like everything about their games; I do feel, however, that when someone posts something that's not fair to Bioware or to the game, DA: Origins, I have to speak up.

For instance, thw hole boobs thing; it would probably have been precise to say that you don't get to sleep with your romantic interest after a lengthy dialogue banter between you too, and that it maybe will occur after at least 20-30, yes even maybe 40 hours of gameplay.If you don't want to sleep with your romantic interest, you will have that choice, if you don't want to engage in a romance, you will that choice, too.

I haven't seen any pie charts like the ones found in Oblivion that relates to say coercion in the promo videos for DA: Origins. And unlike Oblivion, you will have a party of four people with you at any time while at camp you can have up to 12 people. These are the NPCs that will have their own agendas tho which you as the player character must abide. If not, certain bad things may or may not happen.

As for people complaing about Bioware making a typical Bioware game, I don't get. If you dislike Bioware games, then just don't buy them.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
aries202 said:
If you dislike Bioware games, then just don't buy them.

I imagine very few people here do. They may "demo" the game, but buy, no.

I imagine many of them did. I mean every second person bough Fallout 3 for fuck's sake.

Codex is for morons.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"I also don't like everything about their games;"

Join the club.

"I imagine very few people here do."

Complete, and utter bullshit. I have no doubt fully half of the Codex regulars have bought, and continue to buy BIO games. Half of the other half steal them and then play them.

"Codex is for morons."

It's an internet forum so of course it is.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
aries202 said:
For the record, I am not an has never been an employee of Bioware.
I find that hard to believe. Only someone working with Bio's PR department could say something like "generally, people (npcs) in DA: Origins will have their own agenda".

Weresloth

Novice
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Weresloth said:
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Weresloth said:

BG1 was shit and BG2 was NWN2 OC level.

And there's a world of difference between BG era Bioware and everything Bioware has made after that. The only actual thing they've kept is recycling the same plots and shitty characters for every game.

Take a look at the thread of all the codexers listing their top 10 rpgs of all time.....BG or BG2 makes it into a lot of those lists. Nice to see that you have changed your tact to 'Bioware has done nothing good since BG2' from 'What have you been smoking BioWare has never made a good game!'

Weresloth

Novice
Lesifoere said:
aries202 said:
If you dislike Bioware games, then just don't buy them.

I imagine very few people here do. They may "demo" the game, but buy, no.

I'd say this is pretty inaccurate. When people complain about every single aspect of each quest or part of a game you know they have indeed bought it or stolen it.

If they are all demo people then their critiques of the whole game is pretty silly. Just like listening to a demo review that is all positive is silly so is listening to a demo review that is all negative.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom