Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview BioWare's guide to good Dragon Age previews.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Weresloth said:
Lesifoere said:
aries202 said:
If you dislike Bioware games, then just don't buy them.

I imagine very few people here do. They may "demo" the game, but buy, no.

I'd say this is pretty inaccurate. When people complain about every single aspect of each quest or part of a game you know they have indeed bought it or stolen it.

If they are all demo people then their critiques of the whole game is pretty silly. Just like listening to a demo review that is all positive is silly so is listening to a demo review that is all negative.

[Intelligence] You're not very fast on the uptake, are you.

Weresloth

Novice
Lesifoere said:
Weresloth said:
Lesifoere said:
aries202 said:
If you dislike Bioware games, then just don't buy them.

I imagine very few people here do. They may "demo" the game, but buy, no.

I'd say this is pretty inaccurate. When people complain about every single aspect of each quest or part of a game you know they have indeed bought it or stolen it.

If they are all demo people then their critiques of the whole game is pretty silly. Just like listening to a demo review that is all positive is silly so is listening to a demo review that is all negative.

[Intelligence] You're not very fast on the uptake, are you.

Indeed Not. I'll acknowledge I'm stupid if you will acknowledge you are not a good communicator. Can I assume from here on out that whenever you post the code word "demo" you mean pirated? I'll feel smarter if you do.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Don't bother Weresloth. Lesbofurry never buys games. "She" (rofl do u see wut I did thar) always pirates teh games. Wanna know why? Watch out here comes the important information: Lesbofurry makes a shitload of money. More in a single month than you in half a year. If not even more, in fact. She's so rich buying games is completely out of the question, especially games produced by white trash (canadians belong to the white trash after all, Lesbofurry is from Thailand fyi).

VentilatorOfDoom said:
Don't bother Weresloth. Lesbofurry never buys games. "She" (rofl do u see wut I did thar) always pirates teh games. Wanna know why? Watch out here comes the important information: Lesbofurry makes a shitload of money. More in a single month than you in half a year. If not even more, in fact. She's so rich buying games is completely out of the question, especially games produced by white trash (canadians belong to the white trash after all, Lesbofurry is from Thailand fyi).

Alright, while we're laying down the racial hatred, I've pretty much constantly gone with the less-than-sublte-US-hatred. Though I've never had anything against Canadians - I lolled when backpacking through europe and asia when every single Canadian I met without exception (and there are FUCKLOADS of canadians on the backpacker trail) would have a canadian flag sown onto their jacket, hat and pack, just to make clear that they weren't americans. Actually the universal america-hatred on the backpacker scene was a bit harsh - sure, I was asked by 3 different american tourists in 3 different conversations in 3 countries, the same fucked up question in identicial conversations: '[general chitchat in backpacker bar] someone asks 'so what's the weather like we're you're from?'. I say 'well, it's winter there atm, [being summer in Europe at that time], so its colder than you'd think' [conversation goes on, while the american in the group gets really confused, mind ticks over for a while, tries to get her head around the idea of different seasons in different hemispheres, eventually speaks]: 'so....it's summer in Australia when it's winter in Europe and hte US'. I say 'yes'. US peson says 'ummm....[thinks a bit]....so what month is it in Australia at the moment?'

Holy fucking crap. The first 2 times I dismissed that as bizarre freak idiocy. The 3rd time it was a fucking university educated pre-med student!

But still, the cliched 'stupid American' isn't likely to be found in a hostel in rural spain, or speaking fluent Japanese, and so those guys get a lot of crap they don't deserve. I dare say the same applies to Americans who spend much time communicating with other cultures over the internet.

Actually, in excluding Canadians, I'd also exclude most New Yorkers I've met, and probably a fair bit of the north-east states.
But that aside, if there's a Codex 'we hate the US' club, sign me up. Mind you, I'm nowhere NEAR as bad as my wife. I mentioned the idea of moving to the US for work post-PhD, as for all their failings they know how to run a good philosophy teaching/research course. And I've heard from several american friends that there is a massive state-by-state divide in culture and idiocy, so there's some states that aren't that different to other cutlurally developed nations. She fucking flipped out like there's no tomorrow. I'm nowhere near as anti-US as my nonno (Italian grandfather), either. He publically argues that the US deserved the september 11 strikes, right to each individual civillian that died that day, and has had letters to the newspapers published saying exactly that. And heck, he wasn't even on the anti-US mussolini side in WW2, he was one of the communist partisans that fought Mussolini in the south (I think his views on US stupidity come from the US not distinguishing between pro-fascist and resistance forces when they bombed the place...oh and him being an oldschool Marxist who thinks that Austalian Aborigines should start bombing police stations and carbombings ala the IRA until they get decent landrights.

Yeah, I don't hate the US that much.

I also don't think I'd qualify to fall outside Lesi's 'dumb westerner' either - being Australian and all, with a firm belief in the cultural strength of European civilisation and political models. But if there's ever a Codex anti-US group, count me in:)

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
So we get an dumbed down, WoW-stylized version of D&D with achievements and social networking:

No encumberance, bying new "backpacks" to increase inventory size,
persuasion and intimidation rolled into one coercion skill,
attributes increasing by 3 points every level making it fairly easy to create uber-chars (unless the article misrepresented that 20 is maximum),
grinding is possible thanks to no lvl-cap and random monsters (though that's not really a bad thing I guess),
one skill (tactics) is completely useless if you actually know how to press space bar to pause the game for issuing orders,

Also - GB reviewer said that "writing is above average" without saying WHAT is his average-level, since there's little bit of difference between considering F3 average or F1 average.

At least the specializations justify only releasing with 3 classes - rogue can be thief or assasin or ranger or marksman but the idea that you'll have to buy the 2nd DLC to get your stronghold is pretty awful money-grabbing.

GarfunkeL said:
So we get an dumbed down, WoW-stylized version of D&D with achievements and social networking:

No encumberance, bying new "backpacks" to increase inventory size,
persuasion and intimidation rolled into one coercion skill,
attributes increasing by 3 points every level making it fairly easy to create uber-chars (unless the article misrepresented that 20 is maximum),
grinding is possible thanks to no lvl-cap and random monsters (though that's not really a bad thing I guess),
one skill (tactics) is completely useless if you actually know how to press space bar to pause the game for issuing orders,

Also - GB reviewer said that "writing is above average" without saying WHAT is his average-level, since there's little bit of difference between considering F3 average or F1 average.

At least the specializations justify only releasing with 3 classes - rogue can be thief or assasin or ranger or marksman but the idea that you'll have to buy the 2nd DLC to get your stronghold is pretty awful money-grabbing.

We? WE? You can buy it if you like, I already knew what calibre of game this would be. I give the same advice I give to Total War complainers; You have already seen enough through the years. Learn your lesson and forget about them.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Someone's butthurt. Absolute seething butthurt. I mean seriously, this is like the definition of it.

No I'm not butthurt, being butthurt would imply that I'm angry on you and I'm not.
I just thought this other thread was hilarious.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Tsk, all that self-satisfied white superiority and you type like an ESL immigrant.

DreadMessiah

Liturgist
Yes because using ones own language properly is the key to taking over the world. Nevermind spending shit loads on the military. Damn if only our leaders would have known this!

Evil is good.

Peaches is cream.

Im hungry.

Weresloth

Novice
Okay, pop quiz--when was the last time Bioware released an actual demo for their games?

What has that got to do with 'demo' automatically being = to pirating? (Probably Neverwinter Nights I would guess.) I assume if I hang around here long enough I may learn all the nudge nudge wink wink code words and their absolute meanings that everyone should know. At least there is one off the list.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
The butthurt level is definitely rising.

Also is Belgium considered European enough to be respected?

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Lesifoere said:
Tsk, all that self-satisfied white superiority and you type like an ESL immigrant.

Unlike you I never read the ESF and unlike you I don't have an account there, so I don't know how a ESL immigrant types. Not very original Lesbofurry.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Like an ESFer != an ESFer.

But seriously, you know a thread is fucked when aries made the last sensible post and that is about 20 comments back...

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
kris said:
poocolator said:
Edmonton? I'd have to be payed to go to Edmonton.

When I was in Mexico I met a lot of girls from Edmonton. They were not only pretty, they actually walked up and talked to me, something I usually dont experience back home. Maybe that is were bioware get the inspiration for those easy girls in their games.
Native americans living in Edmonton are like those of LA's nigger gangs. It's not a happy place according to the statistical studies published in the beloved, conservative and ultra-stupid Canadian sensationalist magazine Macleans. I don't feel like being cut up so I don't go to Edmonton.

Weresloth

Novice
Eh? Slam Macleans and then use it's study as a reason for bashing Edmonton? You no maki sensi.

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
Weresloth said:
Eh? Slam Macleans and then use it's study as a reason for bashing Edmonton? You no maki sensi.
I wasn't slamming them; I was poking fun. Slamming a magazine with the intention of refuting anything and everything they write is a task for ubermensch like Cleve. I was trying to relate with other Canadians posting on RPGCodex by bringing up Maclean's in the first place.
In any case, their writers can be shit but their regurgitated data are as legit as you can get. I've seen other sources with the data pointing in the same direction as theirs, so I wasn't surprised by their article's effrontery. That is assuming that it's even their data and not republished data.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom