Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

BioWare's idea for KOTOR2 revealed at Eurogamer

Beastro

Arcane
I'd love to see a small scale, super simulated, grounded and extremely reactive crpg with that kind of setting.

It's called The Witcher 1 Act 4. Also Act 1 to a certain extent.

Well Act 1 reactivity wise is undermined in the way that things are shit all around.

Made me frustrated and wished I could kill everyone in it, the witch and village both.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
"The initial twist in the first two-page concept we had for Knights of the Old Republic 2 was you were going to be trained by a Yoda-like figure," Ohlen says, "someone from the Yoda race. That character was going to train you in the first part of the game but then you were going to discover this Yoda figure was actually not the good Yoda you expected...

"He was training you to essentially be his enforcer, a Dark Lord to conquer the universe, and he was going to become the main villain." Dun dun duunnn!"

Wait. But, isn't that basically what KOTOR2's story is except it was oblivious the teacher was a psycho to anyone who talked to her for more than 2 seconds?

So... basically... Obsidian stole BIO's KOTOR2 idea and fluffed the 'twist'/'surprise' part of it. HAHAHA, l0l

p much, but the avellone throne sniffers here will never admit it

Deleted member 7219

Thanks for the shit ratings. Very informative, as now I know who the mouth breathers are who prefer BioWare to Obsidian.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom