Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bioware's Next Game

I really wanted to love this as much as older Bioware games, too bad you can't romance Yusuf, the whiny taliban knight :(

Also, gesture recognition is less accurate than in Baldur's Gate 3, which is weird since Bio should be used to Kinect by now. Therefore I rate it 9.8/10.

genci88

Educated
"plan to show off their next big game during this year's SpikeTV Awards"

Spike TV... that little detail is enough to figure out who their main target audience will be.

img206.gif

But would there be EXTREME and KEWL mashing of "A" button?
Also, as many above already have said - post belongs to General Gaming. Or, given the direction in which BW is heading lately - to Retardo.

KalosKagathos

Learned
Stainless Veteran said:
Also, as many above already have said - post belongs to General Gaming.
Hey, that clip didn't have any gameplay. It could be an old-school TB tactics game with that special BioWare touch (forbidden gay love blooms where it's least expected - a squad of homophobic macho paratroopers) added on top.

Rhalle

Magister
SomeDudeatKotaku said:
My speculation:

The game most likely will be called, Iron Cold, or something to that effect. This is based on Bioware posting two QR codes. The first translated to 55.845. This is the atomic mass of Iron (Fe).

The second one translated to -128.5°F which happens to be the coldest temperature ever recorded on Earth.

Iron: Absolute Zero (?)

Ah. Never mind: -129 is the coldest temp ever recorded on Earth. Silly me. Google yeilds that that was at Vostok, Antarctica.

And "Vostok" apparently was the Russian code-name for the first manned spacecraft. That can't be a co-incidence.

So it's some sort of prequel ME thing, maybe, about early spaceflight in that universe-- maybe like in Star Trek where the Enterprise was named after earlier 'vessels'?

I wonder if this guy is right about the "Iron" part.

TheLostOne

Savant
KalosKagathos said:
Stainless Veteran said:
Also, as many above already have said - post belongs to General Gaming.
Hey, that clip didn't have any gameplay. It could be an old-school TB tactics game with that special BioWare touch (forbidden gay love blooms where it's least expected - a squad of homophobic macho paratroopers) added on top.

Man you must be disappoint much often.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Rhalle said:
SomeDudeatKotaku said:
My speculation:

The game most likely will be called, Iron Cold, or something to that effect. This is based on Bioware posting two QR codes. The first translated to 55.845. This is the atomic mass of Iron (Fe).

The second one translated to -128.5°F which happens to be the coldest temperature ever recorded on Earth.

Iron: Absolute Zero (?)

Ah. Never mind: -129 is the coldest temp ever recorded on Earth. Silly me. Google yeilds that that was at Vostok, Antarctica.

And "Vostok" apparently was the Russian code-name for the first manned spacecraft. That can't be a co-incidence.

So it's some sort of prequel ME thing, maybe, about early spaceflight in that universe?

I wonder if this guy is right about the "Iron" part.

Guys, Bioware aren't that deep.

grotsnik

Arcane
My speculation:

Well, there we have it, gentlemen. Presumably the PC's name will be Captain Iron. Bit of a stoic badass. As cold....

...as iron.

If it wasn't pretty damn unlikely that EA would take on a critically-mauled, unsuccessful franchise, I'd almost be inclined to agree with the commenters on the article saying it looks a bit like Alpha Protocol.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom