Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News bitComposer issue official statement on Chaos Chronicles

Jashiin

Arcane
in a vapourware thread.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Honestly they should've hooked up with Herve, that dude will release anything.

kaizoku

Arcane
there goes what could have been GOTY 2013

But HobGoblin did say something interesting...

It seems like quite the complicated affair, just trying to get the facts straight.

Yes, indeed it is. And possibly I will answer your questions in a post mortem some day. But for now, I have to take care about our new project.

new project? another game?

the plot thickens

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
there goes what could have been GOTY 2013

But HobGoblin did say something interesting...

It seems like quite the complicated affair, just trying to get the facts straight.

Yes, indeed it is. And possibly I will answer your questions in a post mortem some day. But for now, I have to take care about our new project.

new project? another game?

the plot thickens

Probably a shit iPhone game.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
No offense but I'd be highly skeptical about any new project even if it was totally funded by Kickstarter. I'm sure this wasn't 100% bitComposer's fault.

kaizoku

Arcane
No offense but I'd be highly skeptical about any new project even if it was totally funded by Kickstarter. I'm sure this wasn't 100% bitComposer's fault.

How can you be sure of something you don't know the details?

The problem with the KS would be the funding goal. Doing a game is expensive. Maybe they're able to re-use tools and assets that makes it cheaper.
Would pledge like a mofo... just saiyan'

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
How can you be sure that I can't be sure!?!? Anyway, I'd be surprised if they could re-use assets on a project that wasn't entirely funded by them. You can pledge at the double-pack tier and give me the extra Steam code.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
new project: copy-pasta CC code (alter it ever so slightly) and apply new art assets (via KS). :D

I'm inclined to agree with those that are as suspicious of Coreplay as they are of bitComposer. After all, if I understand it correctly, Coreplay opened their forums here well after their legal troubles began, and were never transparent about them until recently. Correct me if I'm wrong, I only read this thread and the "bad news" one. Also, I have little knowledge of bitComposer's publishing history besides what I've just read, so I may be lacking some perspective.

Hegel

Arcane

The problem with the KS would be the funding goal. Doing a game is expensive. Maybe they're able to re-use tools and assets that makes it cheaper.
Assuming they own the assets. Regardless, with their reputation (no offense meant) a new request of funding should come up with their life in lien.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity

New project? Da Fak? :retarded:

I am just wondering how you guys going to fund that.

Now I have to know what really happened. It's obvious that in march the game was in an unfit state to hit the market, but the publisher simply was unwilling to provide additional funding for the project. Was that due to financial difficulties of bitComposer or on account of Coreplay's mismanagement of resources (in time)? I mean, it is kinda strange to sign a contract that far into the project, unless it is an addendum (for instance, with the promise to supply extra money). It may be that bitComposer was in the right for demading the game to be ready after deadline passed... or they simply moved the deadline to an impossible date when allowed by their agreement in order to be rid of inconvenient and costly untertaking.

Also can you imagine why Chaos Chronicles could abandoned so nonchelantly? I mean, in order for a dev to simply leave shittonnes of hours behind the producing party would have to demand the impossible: essentially not pay at all for the work done. Of course the quality of this work is also an issue.

ColCol

Arcane
If any question why we whined
Tell them, because incline was denied
Rudyard Kipling

:( Fuck.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

Of course kickstarter would be ideal for us, I just don't see how it could work legally. If they finish a product that was partially financed by bc, bc could demand their money back from them, and that could be a large sum.

Kz3r0

Arcane
The incline list is surely getting shorter. From "OMG! Turn-based RPGs are everywhere!" to this.

Shadowrun - the modders will fix it
Realms of Arkania - what is this, I don't even...
Chaos Chronicles - the lawyers got to it first.
And Expeditions:Conquistador sold like shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom