Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Black Desert Online

Norfleet

That would require that the AI be capable of distinguishing beauty from ugliness. I don't think we're really there yet.

Takamori

Learned
So besides the character creator, does this game offer something or its just korean p2w garbage as usual?

typical user

Arbiter
So besides the character creator, does this game offer something or its just korean p2w garbage as usual?

1st option (character creator). I played it for few hours. Creator is great and it has a library of presets which consisted of Naruto characters, Geralt's of Rivia, famous actors and so on. The game is mostly about auto-piloting from place to place and deleteing mobs with one attacks and not losing 1 point of health. When I played with a friend and we tried some PvP we couldn't kill each other for some reason. I quit when I saw around 30 people fishing near a beach in starting location. I don't want sound hostile or anything but the game did make a bad impression on me. It just felt like there is no fun just work to make few dollars a day reselling stuff on in-game market or ebay with all the mules making profit on game's economy. I played on 7 day free trial didn't progress really far, this game just reinforced my belief why I avoid MMOs, it has everthing I imagined about them, like too nerdy, time-consuming and asian.

Last edited:

Bloodeyes

Arcane
I don't think I've every played an MMO before. Is this game a good representation of the genre? Would it be a good first MMO to try?

ADL

Prophet
I don't think I've every played an MMO before. Is this game a good representation of the genre? Would it be a good first MMO to try?
No. People play Black Desert as a last resort if they got filtered by something else. Everything that Black Desert does has been done better in other games except muh graphics. Go play Runescape, UO or Star Wars Galaxies Emu instead.

Crimson Desert might be better.
https://nichegamer.com/2020/11/12/crimson-desert-gameplay-reveal-coming-in-december/

deama

Prophet
No. People play Black Desert as a last resort if they got filtered by something else. Everything that Black Desert does has been done better in other games except muh graphics. Go play Runescape, UO or Star Wars Galaxies Emu instead.

Crimson Desert might be better.
https://nichegamer.com/2020/11/12/crimson-desert-gameplay-reveal-coming-in-december/
It does combat pretty well too.

But It'd say generally WoW or FFXIV online would probably be the best 1st tries.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron

Up until April 13th the game is "free to keep" on Steam, so if you get it now you'll own it until the Servers inevitably shut down.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
It was my apparently bad attempt at making a jest.
Servers will remain online until our sun finally burns out and we have to migrate to another solar system. The last act of World President Mumbotu on this planet will be his ASMR live broadcast of the sound from him flicking the BDO Server switches. On that day the song of BDO Server fans whizzing and whirling shall fade into oblivion. Broadcast into the cold and dark void of the universe. But BDO's story shall never end. Generations to come will hear this story on volcanic prison planet Erupticus VII, dreaming of a better tomorrow while listening to the story tellers recounting tales of the golden age of humanity when BDO became free, just like the prisoners' spirits shall one day be, too.

SumDrunkGuy

I've been thinking about getting into this. I appreciate that the character creator lets you go all out on the T&A. It might seem shallow but it beats playing as the freakshows in western games. I'm so tired of fat balled trannys and bull dykes.

SumDrunkGuy

Just came across a PS gift card that I did not steal from a store. I was looking at BDO it's on sale.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
You say you hate MMO's but are willing to make an exception for some T&A. If you are going to give the game a fair chance and you end up liking it, then the deal you listed is a good value. On the other hand, if you hate MMO's I am not sure the character creator and staring at your creations tits will hold up for longer than a few wank sessions.

From your voice and general disposition as well as the feng shui on display, I would say you are a closet anime fan (or one in the making) in need of a waifu. I say get it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom