Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness - Tales of the Moon Cult expansion on the way

rohand

Cipher
This is becoming one of those threads

Mustawd

I need more updates on this thing. Why haven't you kickstarted yet? I thought you said you had like a trillion dollars in hypothetical kickstarter funds.

I want to be a crushmaster that look like Bruce Willis dammit!

EDIT:

Members of your adventurer party are now able to walk together. We have been debugging party movement and combat system basics. In the meantime, a brand-new area has been finished: a unique tavern you haven't seen in any other RPG. This area will be present in our Kickstarter campaign video as well.

Incoming kickstarter confirmed. First stretch goal is crushmaster romances. I predict the video will be a party walking together. Funding goal: $1.3 trillion.

Brancaleone

Prophet
Jut checking whether this "How not to promote your RPG" thread is shaping up nice. From a cursory glance, it surely seems to.

Weasel
Seems they're still planning a KS campaign, possibly under the new title "Mulatto Geyser" following focus group feedback.

Not sure if this publisher news has been mentioned yet:

Developing and releasing a game is a truly complex challenge with many risks. We are glad to announce that we have started our cooperation with GrapeOcean, a Vienna-based company with broad experience in project management.

GrapeOcean Technologies is a software company based in Vienna, Austria. We aim to deliver great games and apps to your smartphone, tablet, and other devices. Our company places a great emphasis on emerging markets.

Our vision
Smart devices and mobile computers are used by lots of people worldwide, and their numbers are rapidly increasing. Our mission is to offer reliable and affordable applications all over the world, taking into account the needs of every single user.

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
"taking into account the needs of every single user" -- is this supposed to actually mean something?

Also, RapeOcean.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
GrapeOcean isn't new. I remember doing a whois on the BlackGeyser.com site months ago and seeing that they were hosted by them.

Space Insect

Arcane
Back at about page 4, I was about to offer some suggestions and criticism. But now, I'm almost surprised that the Op hasn't self-ejected yet. She/he/it should have lurked on here a bit before trying to convert us.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Good thread, looks like Codex magic still works.

Don't give them ideas. It's not fun when a great turn-based game turns out to be fake.
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/american-hare.24134/ :troll:

Switch to a decent genre. Now.
Do you kiss black dicks with that mouth?

EDIT:

Anyway no matter you've a +4 weapon at lvl 1 if you just never hit your opponent due to low THAC0...
What? Take, dunno, 1 level warrior with average strength. Base THAC0 is 20. Say he encounters Giant Rat, it's AC 7. So he will hit 7 times of 20. Now he takes +4 sword, it's 11 times of 20 or 57% more often.
Make a better RPG than they do, then. :D
Is she for real? Say it to Vault Dweller.

EDIT2:

GreenMagicSpell was last seen: Aug 7, 2015
Oh noes!

Last edited:

Mustawd

Final pre-Kickstarter campaign in Q1 2016

You might be wondering why there is still no date for the crowdfunding campaign. Are we experiencing difficulties? No, it's quite the opposite: the development of Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness is more active than ever. Since your support will be absolutely essential for this indie project, we want to show you as much as we can in the Kickstarter campaign. (For example, we just finished the implementation of spellcasting fundamentals.)

In the beginning of the next year, we will launch the final pre-Kickstarter campaign, which will offer brand-new gameplay videos and an updated website. In the meantime, development is funded by our seed investors from the USA and Austria (thank you, guys!). Therefore, the release of the full game will not be delayed just because we launch the Kickstarter campaign later.

Thank you for your interest and patience!

Can't wait for Greed to infest us all!!

ArchAngel

Arcane
Final pre-Kickstarter campaign in Q1 2016

You might be wondering why there is still no date for the crowdfunding campaign. Are we experiencing difficulties? No, it's quite the opposite: the development of Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness is more active than ever. Since your support will be absolutely essential for this indie project, we want to show you as much as we can in the Kickstarter campaign. (For example, we just finished the implementation of spellcasting fundamentals.)

In the beginning of the next year, we will launch the final pre-Kickstarter campaign, which will offer brand-new gameplay videos and an updated website. In the meantime, development is funded by our seed investors from the USA and Austria (thank you, guys!). Therefore, the release of the full game will not be delayed just because we launch the Kickstarter campaign later.

Thank you for your interest and patience!

Can't wait for Greed to infest us all!!
And all the girls will be screaming "Oh God!" from the black geyser.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh, hey: http://www.blackgeyser.com/

Feb. 28, 2016
Kickstarter launch in summer
news-28-02-16-nilven.png

In previous update, we proudly announced that we had no difficulties at all. Three days later, we learnt that one of our senior software engineers had to leave the project for personal reasons. Moreover, we started to experience performance issues with larger outdoor areas. These events caused a significant delay in our Q1/2016 plans.

The performance issues are now gone, and two fantastic developers joined our team in the meantime. We have also updated our plans, and we are glad to announce that the Kickstarter campaign of Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness will be launched in summer!

Also, we do our best to prepare the major website update we promised. Once the gameplay video is available, an email will be sent to all those who havesubscribed to our newsletter. Many thanks for your patience and support!

In previous update, we proudly announced that we had no difficulties at all. Three days later, we learnt that one of our senior software engineers had to leave the project for personal reasons.

lol

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
"Oh fuck now what?" What I immediately thought when this thread got an update.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom