Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Black Isle cancelled projects

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Why they had so many rpgs that were cancelled?

Stonekeep 2 Godmaker

games-that-didnt-make-it-109.jpg

Torn

games-that-didnt-make-it-202.jpg

Fallout 3

games-that-didnt-make-it-106.jpg

Baldur's Gate 3

games-that-didnt-make-it-108.jpg

desk_opt2.jpg

agris

Arcane
Patron
A fallout game with PoE-style maps should be Obsidian's next move.

Nael

Arcane
A fallout game with PoE-style maps should be Obsidian's next move.

Toddler Howie would never allow another isometric/turn-based Fallout title and I really doubt Obsidian will make enough from POE to buy back the franchise.

tl;dr - Not going to happen.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Van Buren didn't look too bad, though. Consider that this was how it looked in the early stage and it still looks much better than any other recent 3D game like, say, WL2. Had they ever finished the game then they would've improved on the graphics. It would've been a decent looking 3D game.

Unwanted

Hatred

Unwanted
I'm going to say that they cancelled all of these RPG's because they knew how much of a fuckhead you are and decided its better no one played these games than risk giving you some kind of fun.

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
Unless, they don't call it Fallout. :roll:

After WL2 there isn't a studio that would touch a non-Fallout post-apoc RPG with a 10 foot pole.
Except.

Thank you for showing us a great example of VAPOURWARE.

richard-nixon.jpg
https://www.breitbartunmasked.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/richard-nixon.jpg
Considering that the game's kickstarter is less than an year old (Pillars of Eternity took almost 3 years to be made) and that the game is on Steam's Early Access I don't really see how it can qualify as vapourware.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Duh, of course people will "touch it", but Obsidian isn't ever going to compete with inXile on the post-apoc niche, unless they come up with a significantly different twist on it. So different that it wouldn't be recognizable as being anything like Fallout anyway.

Nael

Arcane
Nael InSomnia looks very promising aswell.
There is a demo somewhere and we have a small thread about it.

I couldn't get the demo to work on my pc :(

Yeah, I've had my eyes on that one as well. I don't really consider that Post-Apoc though perse. Specifically it is a genre called "Dieselpunk" which I had never heard of. Before I had heard that term I considered InSomnia to be straight up Sci-Fi.

Perkel

Arcane
Duh, of course people will "touch it", but Obsidian isn't ever going to compete with inXile on the post-apoc niche, unless they come up with a significantly different twist on it. So different that it wouldn't be recognizable as being anything like Fallout anyway.

I don't understand this position. RPG are released every few years from one studio and most of the time you play one game actively month or two.

I don't see problem with even 5 post apo wasteland esque games in one year.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech

Yeah, I've had my eyes on that one as well. I don't really consider that Post-Apoc though perse. Specifically it is a genre called "Dieselpunk" which I had never heard of. Before I had heard that term I considered InSomnia to be straight up Sci-Fi.
Age of Decadence is a Roman Themed Post-Apoc game.
Dieselpunk, Steampunk, 50's can all go in post-apoc settings.
All that matters is that there was a great event in the past that shaped the world to the worst.
What kind of society, technology there was before and what survived is completely meaningless to the definition of Post-Apocalyptic.

Edit: Man, now i fell like replaying Dark Earth.

Last edited:

Nael

Arcane

All that matters is that there was a great event in the past that shaped the world to the worst.
What kind of society, technology there was before and what survived is completely meaningless to the definition of Post-Apocalyptic.

Then that sort of applies to... everything. Everything then would be "Post-Apoc" depending on your perspective. For an ancient Egyptian, Greek, Roman, HRE, Aztec, Mayan, Incan, Khmer, Chinese, Mongolian, etc we would be living in a Post-Apoc world.

Ninjerk

Arcane

Then that sort of applies to... everything. Everything then would be "Post-Apoc" depending on your perspective. For an ancient Egyptian, Greek, Roman, HRE, Aztec, Mayan, Incan, Khmer, Chinese, Mongolian, etc we would be living in a Post-Apoc world.
:nocountryforshitposters:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom