Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Black Masses - medieval-style zombie slasher

Bocian

Arcane
The Black Masses is a highly ambitious open world game developed by a small team Brilliant Game Studios. It features the record breaking crowd rendering technology from our previous title, Ultimate Epic Battle Simulator. TBM is set in a massive medieval fantasy setting on a 16 sq-km island. Fight off tens of thousands of demon possessed souls while trying to solve the mysteries of what started the satanic uprising. Traverse any obstacle with our revolutionary climbing/parkour system. Level up your skills and become a god among men.
https://www.facebook.com/theblackmassesofficial

I suppose we can make bets if the devs will be getting strong-armed into changing the title.

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Unity prototype with custom global illumination, mobs optimizations and some parkour asset.

I've no idea why they talk about godrays and reflections like it's some custom engine. I particularly lol'ed when they showed some oblivion style graphics forest with unity asset stores stuff in it and praised the scene for its beauty.

The idea of medieval parkour is particularly repulsive.

A horse of course

The zombies seem very passive. The PC is standing in a crowd of them but they just seem to shuffle up to him and wait to be chopped down. The only sense of tension or danger I felt during the trailer was the jump from the roof to the tower in the first few seconds.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
The zombies seem very passive. The PC is standing in a crowd of them but they just seem to shuffle up to him and wait to be chopped down.
Making 6k zombies run AI probably requires dumbing them down to some extremes, and this may be the result.

Mojobeard

Augur
A medieval city with thousands of zombies sounds like a good segment in a game, but not as THE game.

And the melee fighting looks a whole lot like something from a Source game, I thought we progressed pass that.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Those are more zombies than the Medieval countryside had people in it.
Unity ---> Trash

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom