Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzard announced "Classic" World of Warcraft

Generic-Giant-Spider

The most difficult launch 80 content was 3 drake Sartharion.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Naxxramas was very important as a raid in general, it told you who in your guild was actually retarded thanks to Thaddius' fight showing who knows what clockwise is, and who didn't and would end up killing 4 people at once.

Suffice to say, many e-gurlz met their end to Thaddius. Fittingly, Thaddius is lorewise a construct made up of women and children.

I saw this video:

The gist of it: streamer hates being corpse camped by stream snipers, wants for the network of streamers to compile a "blacklist" of stream snipers to avoid doing anything with and to use whatever influence they hold over their devoted fans to push it.

His dream scenario is these stream snipers will be so undesired and avoided they'll tremendously lag behind the gear treadmill and become irrelevant.

But little does he know...

Eviscerate deals "STATIC" DAMAGE.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
But the hardest 'cheevo was Immortal/Undying in Naxx because there was always some derpface who would die to bad.
Oh yeah, so hard. Once I hit 80, it took me 3 weeks to get it and I never even wanted it, just got it accidentally.

- I hit 80 and install the addon that lets you link fake achievements
- Raid leaders are constantly gathering PUG raids to Naxx. I link them my fake "immortal" achievement and they instantly invite me in. Nobody inspects my full green gear.
- In my first run, I changed half of my gear to Epic.
- Then also did 10 man run, then some more raids I don't remember the names (with the lava), got some epics from heroics, etc, etc.

- Third week, we do a PUG run and nobody dies.

Wow, that was hard! And that was before Ulduar got released.

I quit the game shortly afterwards.

abija

Prophet
Maybe you're thinking of non-heroics. They weren't as hard as pre-nerf TBC heroics but only some try-hard edge-lord would argue Wrath heroics were steamrolled the first few weeks of launch.
They were easily doable in leveling gear. No need to do normals. That's steamrolled in my book.

catfood

AGAIN
Naxxramas was very important as a raid in general, it told you who in your guild was actually retarded thanks to Thaddius' fight showing who knows what clockwise is, and who didn't and would end up killing 4 people at once.

Suffice to say, many e-gurlz met their end to Thaddius. Fittingly, Thaddius is lorewise a construct made up of women and children.

I saw this video:

The gist of it: streamer hates being corpse camped by stream snipers, wants for the network of streamers to compile a "blacklist" of stream snipers to avoid doing anything with and to use whatever influence they hold over their devoted fans to push it.

His dream scenario is these stream snipers will be so undesired and avoided they'll tremendously lag behind the gear treadmill and become irrelevant.

Streaming is cancer so I hope to see lots of gank gangs stalking these streamers.

EDIT: oh fuck he actually lauds China's social credit system. Just nuke these people already.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath

I saw this video:

Streaming is cancer so I hope to see lots of gank gangs stalking these streamers.

EDIT: oh fuck he actually lauds China's social credit system. Just nuke these people already.

He is stupid and anybody who agrees to the idea. Not because "muh china" but it will backfire. You must be blind to not see this backfire. What happens when you blacklist people? In one place? They tend to congregate. You will have guilds, raids created by people that were blacklisted by "le streamers xd lol". He is the kind of person "I can be a dick to other people but other people can't be a dick to me."

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Oh yeah, so hard. Once I hit 80, it took me 3 weeks to get it and I never even wanted it, just got it accidentally.

- Raid leaders are constantly gathering PUG raids to Naxx. I link them my fake "immortal" achievement and they instantly invite me in. Nobody inspects my full green gear.
- Then also did 10 man run, then some more raids I don't remember the names (with the lava), got some epics from heroics, etc, etc.

And exactly when in the expansion's cycle was this?

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
You mean that addon that didn't exist until after cata came out? I have no investment in whatever argument you're in with metro but if you did play on a private server at least don't pretend you were actually playing wrath at release. 3.3.5 talents, a large portion of the playerbase having farmed naxx back when the actual expansion was out...yeah, I'm sure it was really easy.

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik

And exactly when in the expansion's cycle was this?
Some time before Ulduar (is this what the next raid dungeon was called after Naxx?), like it says in my post. Not on launch of wraith, I had school exams or smth before I could get back to it.

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
You mean that addon that didn't exist until after cata came out? I have no investment in whatever argument you're in with metro but if you did play on a private server at least don't pretend you were actually playing wrath at release. 3.3.5 talents, a large portion of the playerbase having farmed naxx back when the actual expansion was out...yeah, I'm sure it was really easy.
Huh?

I never played on private servers, but I quit the game right after beating Naxx, so my memory is fuzzy and if I got something wrong, doesn't mean I'm lying (??? why the fuck would I).

I wasn't emotionally invested in that shit of a game at that point. I loved TBC and raided it like crazy. We killed Illidan before the attunement to BT got removed and I was very proud of that. Sunwell did a number on my mage - people stopped inviting me, because warlock simply damaged almost twice better than mages and my guild asked me to stay outside the raid dungeon and occasionally buff everyone outside. They stopped taking mages into the raid. It sucked. I quit the game. Then I came back for Wraith for a short while and then quit for good, because the changes were just too much. (the sheer easiness of the game, I got almost all BIS items in under 3 weeks... and everyone could see all raid content in some kind of easy mode, I don't remember what exactly the mechanic was, and that just broke it for me)

I remember all of TBC content really well. Wraith on the other hand I can barely recall.

Last edited:

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Classic is announced and suddenly every Wrath and Cata baby has been playing since day 1.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Classic is announced and suddenly every Wrath and Cata baby has been playing since day 1.

The sheer amount of those claiming to be from vanilla days is quite impressive considering that during investor's call in 2009 when WotLK was midway going on Blizzard said that about 100 000 000 players had played the game and quit by that point and only 10% of those who played during vanilla reached the level cap.

It's like whenever you bring up Ultima Online. Everyone says they played during beta and were there when Lord British was killed (even though there was about 20-25 people present when Lord British was killed).

Dzupakazul

Arbiter
Anyway around the blizzard spyware launcher ?
Resident Blizzdrone here; no way to completely bypass it as far as I know, but most Blizzard games nowadays have a file that lets you launch the game directly instead of through the Blizzard launcher. I do that because my computer is old and the Blizzard Update Agent Spyware Launcher tanks my FPS and refuses to run games in Administrator Mode. For example, Starcraft 2 is ran through SC2_Switcher.exe to bypass the app, and Starcraft Remastered has a file for Starcraft Launcher (that goes through the app) and for Starcraft itself (which bypasses the app). I'm guessing the Classic Beta lets you do that, too; just find the right .exe.

You still have to periodically launch the app every so often whenever there's a new update, as you can't do it through the login screen you get when bypassing the app.

shidder

Novice
I'm going to 5 box a paladin, priest, mage, warlock, warlock party. Then after awhile I'll do a 4 or 5 box party of just hunters to camp in STV.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Light's Hope is launching a final fresh server on the 22nd for leveling and raid clearing practice. Starts with 1.12 with all raid content available.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
No way I'm "practicing" just to play. No way I'm joining a hardcore guild again. No way I'm rushing anything or giving a fuck about raid progress. I'll play for my own pleasure this time.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
If you want to play for about a month just to see what it was like? Sure. On a regular basis? No. Raiding is not worth it. And five mans are better in retail with Mythic+

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom