Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzard announced "Classic" World of Warcraft

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
>middle of saturday
>no q on morgaine

nice doa game lmao, bfa wins again

Generic-Giant-Spider

Servers on NA got DDoS'd just as I was about to get fucked by two skull level players.

Thank you Papa BotNet.

bloodlover

Arcane
When I see prices for water and what I have to gulp down as mage I realize what a moneysink that must be for classes that arent mages but rely on mana.

Not for priests :love: I almost never oom, though I don't cast that much either, I just want mobs to death.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Some 25.6 sword dropped in BFD and the paladin who had a 24 sword needed and won it.
My 2H is 18. 18! One-button bastard!
I'm gonna cry into my wine now.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Well, Paladins do need beefy 2H weapons.

Now if it was an Huntard....

Last edited:

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Shouldn't he be using Verigan's Fister at that level. My brother is level 35 on his Paladin and he's still using that weapon.

Verigan's Fist gets outdated actually really fast, mostly thanks to the patch changes.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Shouldn't he be using Verigan's Fister at that level. My brother is level 35 on his Paladin and he's still using that weapon.

Verigan's Fist gets outdated actually really fast, mostly thanks to the patch changes.
Corpsemaker is the only one that could give you a run for its money but that's after a few levels later when you've gotten Fister, and CM is a bit too slow for my tastes on a Pally. Otherwise the next step is probably Bonebiter which is an SM quest reward, or the Sword of Serenity. Honestly I'd stick with 1h weaps on a Pala but that's just my preference, but a 2h that's not too slow is good as well (although it's also the intention of the original Paladin class designer as well).

Last edited:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Got Corpsemaker for 2H now, Swinetusk Shank for 1H and a Marbled Buckler. We blue, boys.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Level 37 and only 50g to my name. Wish I didn't spend 10g yesterday leveling up leather working just so I could make some Nightscape gear that no one bought from the AH.

Edit: Actually while I have this post on here I'll take the time to talk about how every single Shaman player I came across was total shit. We are duoing as Druid + Paladin with my brother and we've yet to see a single Shaman bother to Purge any of our buffs. They all run at us spamming Frost Shock and thinking that Windfury crits actually happen often enough to be relied on, and they barely use their totems either. Whole day of sitting in STV and this is how every single Shaman encounter has gone down. I weep to think how it is for players who need to group up with these Shaman in instances.

Last edited:

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
Level 37 and only 50g to my name. Wish I didn't spend 10g yesterday leveling up leather working just so I could make some Nightscape gear that no one bought from the AH.

Edit: Actually while I have this post on here I'll take the time to talk about how every single Shaman player I came across was total shit. We are duoing as Druid + Paladin with my brother and we've yet to see a single Shaman bother to Purge any of our buffs. They all run at us spamming Frost Shock and thinking that Windfury crits actually happen often enough to be relied on, and they barely use their totems either. Whole day of sitting in STV and this is how every single Shaman encounter has gone down. I weep to think how it is for players who need to group up with these Shaman in instances.

Thats kinda sad, I know as a priest I used to love stripping all them tasty buffs from people and applying rank 1 SW:Pain to proc blackout because im a fucking cunt like that.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
There's so many people leveling professions right now that the AH is completely saturated with low level crap. My plan to make money with herbalism is failing miserably.

Like a third of the people playing classic are from newer expansions and have no idea how the original game worked. It's almost sad. At least on Whitemane though there seems to be some kind of unspoken truce where most horde and alliance are ignoring each other and just trying to do quests. I've only been attacked a few times despite being around dozens of horde at any given time. Then there's that one guy complaining in /1 about how no one wants to team up and kill horde.

Ninjerk

Arcane
There's so many people leveling professions right now that the AH is completely saturated with low level crap. My plan to make money with herbalism is failing miserably.

Like a third of the people playing classic are from newer expansions and have no idea how the original game worked. It's almost sad. At least on Whitemane though there seems to be some kind of unspoken truce where most horde and alliance are ignoring each other and just trying to do quests. I've only been attacked a few times despite being around dozens of horde at any given time. Then there's that one guy complaining in /1 about how no one wants to team up and kill horde.
You probably aren't going to be making money off of herbalism until there's more raiding going on. I'm not sure all the potions, elixirs, and flasks you will need, but I think the general top-level advice for making money on something like that is to start paying attention to raid times for guilds and list raid consumables maybe an hour before those raids start. You could also try to set up a list of consistent customers who pay you a fixed price every week (maybe one that even goes up) to take care of their raid consumables for them.

Not only is everyone dumping their crap on the AH right now, but no one has any gold yet because gold is wholly dependent on single-completion quests and kills in the world. A little bit comes out of the economy every time someone respecs, repairs their gear, sends mail, etc., but it inflates over time. Once more of the population is at max level killing mobs with more money in their loot tables, then it will be easier to be profitable. Right now materials are cheap because people are dumping them on the AH to afford their mount...

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Herbalism kicks off once BG PvP comes in and people want their free action pots and raiding, especially harder ones like AQ, comes along. Until then you're probably better off hoarding all your herbs, even send them to some bank alt, and just wait until their market value starts to climb. Also, you should considering downloading the Auctionator addon. The AH UI was shit in 2004 when the game was released, and Blizz has yet to improve it even on retail. Auctionator at least lets you view the AH database in easy and readable lists where you can clearly see all the different prices. It also lets you hover your cursor over items in your bag and shows you the vendor, AH and disenchant prices that the item(s) are worth, and most importantly automates selling stacks of 1, which is the preferred amount of a stack of a crafting reagent. If you're not using Auctionator then you are going to lose your market visibility to people who do, which is unfortunate. You can still make money without it if you're persistent, but it helps streamline all the annoying bits of the AH with some added bonuses (and maluses to the overall economy although that's still a player caused problem and not a problem of the tool itself).

Wolfe

Arbiter
Well, Paladins do need beefy 2H weapons.

Now if it was an Huntard....

You jest but a huntard won the roll for a Manual Crowd Pummeler in Gnomeregan against me, a feral druid. Huntards can't even use two handed maces. FUCK THIS MEME.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Got Corpsemaker for 2H now, Swinetusk Shank for 1H and a Marbled Buckler. We blue, boys.

You should start working to get Whirlwind Axe now. Get the mats ready and start pimping out sexual favors to 60s so they can help you with the quest. Getting it at 30 is so totally worth it i'd even sacrifice mount money for it.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
guild server-first'd ragnaros last night but i sat out cuz im not 60 yet! fucking work! im 57 (i think).

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom