Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Blizzard announced "Classic" World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'MMO(RP)G / Online Discussion' started by Lacrymas, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Ninjerk Arcane

Ninjerk
    Yes, I believe the little girl is a Redpath. I think they did a really good job with small quests in the beginning that set the mood, as well, like Clarice's pendant (Bitterness and overturning of values in Lordaeron) and A Husband's Revenge (going into the Greymane refugee camp like it's Scarface and merking some guy).

^ Top  
  2. Ninjerk Arcane

Ninjerk
    spin2win

EDIT: Esfand's guild just got a binding drop.

EDIT2: They gave it to a rogue. :lol:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    ^ Top  
  3. Generic-Giant-Spider Arcane

Generic-Giant-Spider
    I've always been very partial to the whole Defias series of quests. I like how they're your main enemy if you play Human all the way to around the 30s and Deadmines is a nostalgia overload.

There's also the Syndicate who are from Alterac and are framed as a band of cutthroats and fallen nobles who have resorted to being gang leaders now. Those who played WC2 know Alterac as the ones that end up betraying you midway through the Alliance campaign, it's nice to see the end result of what happened as a result of their treachery. Alterac's colors/banner were also orange, which the Syndicate thugs wear as bandanna colors as a cool little nod.

Edit: It also seemed like the Ravenholdt vs. Syndicate war was supposed to be a questline that never was expanded on and became forgotten over time. You can actually gain reputation with the Syndicate if you kill Ravenholdt members, maybe it was a Rogue exclusive thing where you'd choose your preferred guild or something. It always was a bit strange how you have this giant gap between 20 to 50 before you get another Rogue exclusive quest. If I had to guess the whole conflict was going to be a way to fill in that big blank and considering the Syndicate exist in areas that are 30s-early 40s it seems feasible.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    You have a giant gap between 20-50 in terms of class quests for most of the classes. Only Shamans, Warlocks, Warriors and Mages get something. There are some unused quests in the databases for the other classes, but that's about it. If I were to guess, quests were planned for all the classes, but they didn't have time/money/desire/ideas to implement them.

^ Top  
  5. CruduxCruo Augur Patron

CruduxCruo
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
    I can't catch any goddamn fish, at least not in Tanaris. The loot window is just empty. Is that a bug or some dynamic fuckery?

^ Top  
  6. Steamboat Willie Learned

Steamboat Willie
    I don't ever recall there being an empty loot window when fishing. Either you get something or you get a message saying "The fish got away."

^ Top  
  7. Jasede Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Jasede
    Got my WW Axe at level 32 with the help of a level 44 priest.

Now I am poor again because I bought 16 of the charms from the AH (fuck grinding!)

Do you think mining is decent for gold? I have been cooking but the margins are slim and it requires frequent AH checking for mats.

^ Top  
  8. Hobo Elf Arcane

Hobo Elf
    Mining is big dick money, always.

• Yes Yes x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Jasede Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Jasede
    I don't mind mining; you put on some trance music and off you go.

It's stunning how much this game is like Everquest 2 in its prime. Still more casual of course (after all, in EQ2 you'd actually get XP debt when you died, and almost everything past the very starting area was group content) but the closest game to EQ 2. Amusingly enough, EQ2 itself was considered casual also by the EQ 1 fans that longed for the days of trains and losing your gear on death.

I just mention this because the mining/herbing is an exact copy. In fact, the entire game is a copy of EQ2 with a different world, different aesthetic, but the same combat system, an inferior crafting system and the same ideas: auction house is just a copy of the EQ2 broker, bank is identical to EQ2. I am surprised they didn't get into legal trouble.

^ Top  
  10. Ninjerk Arcane

Ninjerk
    It could be that it released in the same month. WoW had auctioneers since at least July 2004 by the looks of it (https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_0.8 ).

^ Top  
  11. Jasede Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Jasede
    Yeah, I wasn't being serious; the point is that they're super similar and it's easy to switch from one to the other, at least with Classic.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Bester Arcane Patron Vatnik

Bester
    I'm 40 with no mount.

Tried doing stealth runs of SM GY (2 chests + rares). Spent 3 hours, made 16 gold. Still 42g short.

Fuck it. This is very toxic, Blizzard.

• Bro, do you even lift? Bro, do you even lift? x 2
    • gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. DDZ Red blood, white skin, blue collar Patron

DDZ
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    I have 2 gold at level 29.

I don't care much though, ghostwolf will do.

• Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. CruduxCruo Augur Patron

CruduxCruo
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
    I have 22 gold at 28. Most of it from fishing.

^ Top  
  15. Jasede Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Jasede
    I have done a lot of fishing, how did you make gold with it?
    Just sell the fish? They are just worth coppers. And the cooked fish aren't worth much either. AH?

^ Top  
  16. Lyric Suite Converting to Islam

Lyric Suite
    Oily Blackmouth and Greater Sagefish are the bigger sellers at lower levels. You should look for schools of fish that have those specifically. The debris are also pretty cood, not for the resources you get in those chests but for the money you'll save on potions since you can get a lot from those things.

^ Top  
  17. Jasede Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Jasede
    Ah yeah, I never really took advantage of the schools, and just fished at docks for easy cooking fish.

^ Top  
  18. CruduxCruo Augur Patron

CruduxCruo
    Most of it is from Mithril Bound Trunks. I just run up and down the coast of Tanaris and fish every pool I see.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Jasede Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Jasede
    Wow, nice. :salute:

Edit: yooo, that was a great tip, thank you!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. CruduxCruo Augur Patron

CruduxCruo
    [​IMG]

• Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Jasede Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Jasede
    Daddy's gonna eat tonight!!

[​IMG]

• Salute Salute x 2
    ^ Top  
  22. Jasede Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Jasede
    So you auction all those bolts of cloth on the AH? I got a TON!! This is a goldmine! Don't tell anyone else...

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. CruduxCruo Augur Patron

CruduxCruo
    At this rate I'll have atleast 100g by the end of this week.

[​IMG]

• gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Havoc Cheerful Magician Patron

Havoc
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    What is a saturated market?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    • cool story bro cool story bro x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Lyric Suite Converting to Islam

Lyric Suite
    Market comes and goes just stash shit on alts. I used to have an alt for each type of item. One only for herbs, one only for ores etc. I even had one for meats and animal parts lmao.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)