Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzard announced "Classic" World of Warcraft

Gregz

Arcane
i9p9dva7okv31.gif

Andronovo

Learned
No I'm fine with pvp servers. It's just WOW is very much a pve game. The pvp is mediocre but the vanilla WOW pve was pretty good if you don't count the grind to get to it.

What are the good private servers? The whole thing with me is I may want to play it, but it's not worth $15 a month to me. Especially when that money is going to Blizzard Activision.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Are there any other ACTIVE mmos with as good pve content as vanilla wow?
I mean, I like Vanilla WoW too, but I don't think anyone would call the PvE content in it good. It's only a means to an end to get to the real meat and potatoes which is the PvP. There aren't many end game pre-raid dungeons to farm and Ony, MC and BWL suck shit. AQ would be kinda neat if it wasn't for the insane amount of trash mobs. Most people won't even get to Naxx if they can't survive the grind ringer, just like last time. Zul'Gurub is pretty fun tho.

Andronovo

Learned
I hear a lot about the pvp in WOW, and I really have no idea what people are talking about. It seemed like everyone was just spamming the same crap over and over again, and the winner was decided by gear and whose particular talent build was the most broken.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Are there any other ACTIVE mmos with as good pve content as vanilla wow? If I could just tank dungeons all day and not have to grind and farm I would probably play it.

Probably FFXIV, its the closest thing to wow there is, the grouping mechanics in dungeons are 1:1

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I hear a lot about the pvp in WOW, and I really have no idea what people are talking about. It seemed like everyone was just spamming the same crap over and over again, and the winner was decided by gear and whose particular talent build was the most broken.
GL beating anyone competent if you think that turning with your keyboard and clicking your skills will net you a win, even if you have a good spec or good gear. Hint: it wont.

anden

Literate

As a pure pvp game vanilla isn't really that good imo. It takes a long time to level and get gear and consumes just for pvp. The pvp itself is pretty good but imo the work for it as a pure pvp fan is meh

I've got my main to 60, and I'm a core raider on the #1 faction guild on my server.

We're clearing MC and Ony in the same night, which means there's not much left to do on the other 6 days a week except farm. Since layering was removed that's become a real pain however... :(

So I'm leveling an alt and skimming the AH, BGs can't come soon enough.
How does your third phase tank in Ony prevent getting Aggro wiped by her fireballs in the second phase? Since threat meters are broken I honestly don’t know how to maintain a 8/40 position on threat without getting lucky. I have no idea how people get a “feel” for it.

Gregz

Arcane
How does your third phase tank in Ony prevent getting Aggro wiped by her fireballs in the second phase? Since threat meters are broken I honestly don’t know how to maintain a 8/40 position on threat without getting lucky. I have no idea how people get a “feel” for it.

We don't, he usually dies. The trick is to have several off-tanks ready to grab her when he does die, including fury wars who have a shield ready to equip if they grab aggro.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Any private servers with XP loss on death, gear drop, no soulbound items, stuff like that?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Nope, Alliance.

interesting. perhaps you would like to compare some ah prices?
My sub ran out yesterday so I can't login atm, but I might remember some prices off the top of my head. Generally everything was way underpriced and even then it wasn't guaranteed that you'd sell anything because the players on Skullflame are all casual as shit and don't want to spend money because they'd have to grind it back.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Vanilla 20 man raids were fun. 40 were just tedious. Naxx was okay but required a ton of farming.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Does that include Alterac Valley? If so I might actually have to start playing.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
No. It's just the world bosses + honor system. The only real content included in P2 was Dire Maul, but they had to release that earlier to stop people from unsubbing.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Thanks. I mostly just want to play for AV but I have to actually sub and level something to 60 prior to that. Still can't decide between druid or paladin and since I'm going Alliance I'm not wild about having to make a night elf.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
If you have any plans at all to raid then Druid will at least be easier to gear up since hardly anyone is playing as the class whereas Paladins are everywhere.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom