Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Blizzard Scraps Planned Diablo 3 PvP Mode

Micmu

Magister
Pretty much this. It wasn't a secret that D3 will suck. Most of the gamers are not learning animals and will be suckered to think it will be better. I say D2's success isn't exhausted, yet. At worst they'll sell less copies but still more than enough.

Xi

Arcane
They should fire the lead designer. The project is officially a flop.

10 million sales, bro. You see, the fans might whine and complain, but they'll buy anything Blizzard releases

People bought the game on D2's success, not on this failed designer (who had nothing to do with that). The 10 million sales only reflect that people liked the originals. It's like the designer failed to see how his mechanics would play out in the long term.
And the same people will buy D4 because they liked D2. If they weren't willing to put in even 15 min of effort to research D3 and find out it was going to suck, why wouldn't they just assume that D4 will "fix" all their problems?

I'm willing to bet that D4 is 10+ years off (or nailed into a coffin). Hard to say what will happen in the future. What I do know? Diablo 3 is a shitty game. THe Lead Designer failed a hardcore death on this one. It's a game with the polish of a Triple A release, but with the gameplay of an Alpha demo.

I made my money back on it, sunk in lots of hours, and never enjoyed the game beyond the positive reinforcement looting model (which was boring too). Without the RMAH I don't think I would have played it for long. ;P

Maiandros

Learned
Possibly Retarded
You are neglecting the fact that a high percentage of all these 'millions' of fuckin kids buyers were simply offered D3 at zero a price if only they changed their WoW subscription to a yearly..which most do anyway :)

Xi

Arcane
People bought the game on WoW's success

It was advertised like coop World of Warcraft basically

The focus on WoW is what killed the mechanics. It just doesn't work in this type of a game. You need millions of interesting character builds/gameplay potentials via customization in skills/items. WoW doesn't do this, and nor does Diablo 3. Diablo 2 did do this (though it was far from millions of viable builds - but far more than D3 can offer, by a long shot). This is the major grip the original dev team had with D3, and they were absolutely correct. The game is dead now because they'd essentially have to rework the entire game to make anyone want to keep playing it. Will an expansion save it? Hopefully, but I doubt we'll see one for a while. It's like they have no vision for this game. All of the design goals are random post it notes scattered around the office.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
ask you what is more worrying, that millions of kids babysit online by their mothers were given the money to purchase D3, or that the Codex posts news relating to it as a portion of its members has also purchased it?

What the hell is wrong with you, son? You need to troll harder than that if you wish to succeed in this place.

But, if by some chance you are not trolling, let me tell you that codex lives to crush its enemies, see them driven before it and to hear the lamentation of their women (at least in its dreams), so when one of codexian enemies falls flat on its face and gets scorned even by its own loyal (and dumbfuck, by codexian measures) fanbase, the codex needs to gloat over this or else it misses its point entirely. Hence, this news article.

As for the people who bought it - well, nothing is pristine in this rotten world so even kkkodex has its own (and quite large - Dragon Age GOTY FTW WTF) fifth column.

racofer

Thread Incliner
What the hell is wrong with you, son? You need to troll harder than that if you wish to succeed in this place.

But, if by some chance you are not trolling, let me tell you that codex lives to crush its enemies, see them driven before it and to hear the lamentation of their women (at least in its dreams), so when one of codexian enemies falls flat on its face and gets scorned even by its own loyal (and dumbfuck, by codexian measures) fanbase, the codex needs to gloat over this or else it misses its point entirely. Hence, this news article.

As for the people who bought it - well, nothing is pristine in this rotten world so even kkkodex has its own (and quite large - Dragon Age GOTY FTW WTF) fifth column.

Is that so...

Last I knew, what we do is more like this:

2q892k0.gif

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
I can't believe that there are people out there still playing this piece of shit game, let alone actually waiting for pvp patches or expansions for it.
I have a friend that actually bought it a couple of days ago, despite my ridicule. And he's a good chap, loves PS:T, Arcanum and Fallouts :( also ME and ponies

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"They should fire the lead designer. The project is officially a flop."

The only flop is your face. L0L

'D3 is a flop'

STFU.

Cassidy

Arcane
I honestly cannot believe how much fail has surrounded Diablo III as a project. The people Blizzard have designing that game have no idea what the hell they are doing.

On the contrary, they do: a slot machine for sucking money from dumbfucks, for it is obvious the entire game was turned into nothing but window dressing for the RMAH. Truly worthwhile PvP must allow the winner to take the spoils of the loser(extreme example: DayZ mod for ArmA II), and that would ultimately reduce profits from milking the retards through the RMAH due to mass butthurt and baaw.

One of the reasons why RMAH and the likes are the biggest pieces of shit to ever happen in modern multiplayer gaming... oh wait.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Acti-Blizz trolling what's left of its brainwashed fanbase.

Severian Silk

They should have released the feature as is and allowed the modders to improve it.

Project: Eternity
Sad thing is, Jay Wilson actually worked on some good stuff before joining Blizzard.

Eh, as far as Mobygames lists, the only vaguely relevant roles that he played which may have been sorta worth a damn are design in Warhammer DoW and level design in Blood. And DoW is retardedly overrated.

Why Morhaime (or whoever it was) hired this no-talent fuckwad, with no ARPG experience, who's every touch turns things to shit...is beyond my ken.

Micmu

Magister
They should have released the feature as is and allowed the modders to improve it.
I assume you're joking, since D3 is unmodable, online-only game with fat client and game running on server.

They probably didn't even develop shit, since "we made it but testers didn't like it" sounds like a really lame excuse.

Severian Silk

Sorry, the demo for D1 is all I've played in this series.

Still, it seems to me that this type of thing is something that modders would have made short work of.

waywardOne

Arcane
Was pvp advertised as part of the product? (follow-up) Can there be a lawsuit for fraud?

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Only if it's definitive that they're not going to release it ever.
Right now, they're going back to work on it, from what they say.

Fuck man. Just make your PvP into a Dota clone or something. Idiots love Dota for some reason, so it would be perfect for the fanbase which is still playing D3.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
"They should fire the lead designer. The project is officially a flop."

The only flop is your face. L0L

'D3 is a flop'

STFU.
Volly, have you switched bioware for blizzard?
He is right, 10 million sales is hardly a flop. it maybe a flop in the sense of a shit game and a shit product, but thats it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom