Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Blizzard Scraps Planned Diablo 3 PvP Mode

St. Toxic

Arcane
by the gods, why? who could possibly want that shitfest?

tumblr_mdf3ac3W9a1qew7rgo1_1280.jpg

sion2.jpg

singed1.jpg

lol_cosplay_jerez_2011___17_by_ragamuffyn-d3fedu5.jpg

VirInvictus

Novice
I found D3 a lot more entertaining to watch than to actually play. Kinda happy I didn't waste my money on this, and instead, spent it trying to catch up on games I wished I had played. Although, I'm really sorta surprised that they're not implementing any kind of pvp kind of play-style, because I can only figure that their fanbase would be itching for it so badly. Then again, I've always been a single-player guy myself - so I'm stuck between not caring and thinking it was a bad move on their part.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Nope, you can put up a fence, but every time you're out there barbecuing they'll be glancing over it, huge tongues just flopping all over the place.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
And the same people will buy D4 because they liked D2. If they weren't willing to put in even 15 min of effort to research D3 and find out it was going to suck, why wouldn't they just assume that D4 will "fix" all their problems?

At least half of them "bought" it because it was given for free if you bought the WOW expansion. ;)

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
He is right, 10 million sales is hardly a flop. it maybe a flop in the sense of a shit game and a shit product, but thats it.
Goodwill is valuable though, and Blizzard has burned a ton of it on Diablo 3. Their next game may get a somewhat more critical reception.

Kirtai

Augur
At least half of them "bought" it because it was given for free if you bought the WOW expansion. ;)
I have to wonder if they did that to boost their sale numbers because they already knew it was going to get slated on release.

Kirtai

Augur
That Blizzard is long gone, if it ever existed; consumed from within by the Activision parasite.

On a vaguely related note, it annoys me greatly that it can be so awkward to track games by the people who work on them rather than the publisher. You wouldn't follow books by their publisher after all.

UserNamer

Cipher
I played diablo 3 in a bout of boredom this summer. The biggest problem for me was the completely unchallenging gameplay, and I'm not the sort of person who is going to play the game multiple times to get a challenge (that isn't even a fun challenge from what I gather) because I lack the sufficient Nerd Power to do something like that. However what I want to say is that I can see myself enjoying a d3-like game with some kind of challenge to it. Maybe just a more punishing check point system. It could have been a decent carnage style game but obviously that wasn't the intention--- the intention was making a slot machine\auction house shekel making machine

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just make arena pvp option with a subscription fee or make tokens to buy in the online shop. I'm sure nobody would be offended by such generous offer.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Volly, have you switched bioware for blizzard"

I haven't bought or played D3. Or D2. Or WOW. But, I'm a BLIZZ fnaboy. Ford aring to smackdown an idiot for posting idiotic shit. FFS YOu are idiot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom