Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzcon 2019

Jezek

Novice
PoE combat impact shits all over D3's paper monsters with MMO hit detection. Just last month played D3 and felt very inferior to PoE.

Well said. I've been waiting for somebody else to to say this. I'm getting back into PoE and for me it has clunkier animations and combat but atleast its combat feels impactful unlike D3's weightless over stylized combat that does feel like you're just hitting demons made out of paper. I think they took way too much code from WoW's framework to build D3's foundation on.

Gerrard

Arcane
Diablo looks amazing to be honest. Gameplay wise also some great improvements. More open world, character customization, more customization of classes etc
iE8HUsX.jpg

WiAdgg6.png

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
PoE combat impact shits all over D3's paper monsters with MMO hit detection. Just last month played D3 and felt very inferior to PoE.

PoE improved a lot when they added lockstep, but it has never felt as smooth as D3 combat wise.

Not to say PoE isn't better in almost every other way of course.

The main problem holding PoE back is absolutely trash production standard (sans particle effects). Especially in the animation department where everything feels stiff. Minor nitpick is the bland flavorless world and poor art direction.

Everything else is great.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Anyway these are my impressions re: Diablo IV
  • Trailer was superb
    incline.png
  • Logo is shit
    decline.png
  • Gameplay virtually indistinguishable from D3
    decline.png
  • Indifferent to mounts, could be interesting, whatever
    rating_sawyer.gif
  • Giant bosses taking up the entire screen
    decline.png
  • Duriel!!
    incline.png

Taking everything into consideration, it's basically D3 with blood & gore DLC like BlackAdderBG said. Depressingly, this was the best case scenario. I'm more interested in the remaster.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Skillpoints are returning and talents are also in. Already looks like incline compared to D3 for that reason alone.

Skill points were in D3 after lvl 60

The main problem holding PoE back is absolutely trash production standard (sans particle effects). Especially in the animation department where everything feels stiff. Minor nitpick is the bland flavorless world and poor art direction.

Everything else is great.

Art is ofc subjective, but PoE's world and environment is leagues ahead of any ARPG since D1, Lunaris and Solaris temple zones are best looking and sounding areas I ever played.

Hellraiser

Paragon01.jpg

Last edited:

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Skillpoints are returning and talents are also in. Already looks like incline compared to D3 for that reason alone.

Skill points were in D3 after lvl 60

IIRC those were only passive stat boosts, not really comparable with D2's skill tree.

Skill points I presumed you mean stats. What are talents?

Looks like the skill tree is split, skill tab are active abilities and talents tab are passives like old D2 masteries

Last edited:

Reever

Scholar
Patron
I'm sure what everyone wanted after Legion/BfA is more Sylvanas and characters being needlessly killed. You never fail to disappoint, Blizzard.
Diablo looks amazing to be honest. Gameplay wise also some great improvements. More open world, character customization, more customization of classes etc
iE8HUsX.jpg

WiAdgg6.png
Did they just reduce Diablo's primary stats to the mobile trash's Attack/Defense "system" that is now permeating AAA games?

Generic-Giant-Spider

That gameplay preview for D4 looks awful. It'll be the same "kill your entire screen with fireworks" shit that ARPGs have devolved into but now you'll do it in darker/grittier areas like that's supposed to be the one saving grace.

Doesn't help that it looks like it has the same gameplay from D3 only with what looks to be terrain gimmicks. Druid looks more Barbarian than the Barbarian.

frajaq

Erudite
overwatch 2 - bad
diablo 4 - mediocre
wow expansion - looks dogshit

wrap it up, this was absolutely abysmal

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Yeah cool diablo 4 trailer and all. I'm sure the game will have lots of interesting puzzle solving, required teamwork, strategy, elements of sacrifice, terror, hopelessness, ..

Surely it won't be a game where you spam left click on zombies for 40 hours while listening to EDM music or watching Asmongold react youtube videos. Surely

maxresdefault.jpg

What’s the deal with the Asmongold react meme? I watched one time some random video about a classic demo and suddenly those things shitted all of the recommendations.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Is the only confirmed heterosexual character in Overwatch still the French sniper girl?

Black widows are lame and not as cool as the Brazilian wandering spider or birdeater goliaths, by the way. Spiders being forever female associated is bullshit. Tarantulas lift.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom