Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blood: Fresh Supply - remaster by Nightdive Studios, published by Atari

lightbane

Arcane
An interesting episode with a "demo" below.

I wish someone managed to reverse-engineer the source code of Blood already, so that we can have some new models and such besides new maps.

Or a "proper" sequel to Blood, but I doubt it will ever happen in this day and age...

lightbane

Arcane
I already played the latter. Very good, but nothing really new, sadly.

lightbane

Arcane
To be fair, Blood 2 sucked because Monolith was ripped off and forced to ship a broken game to pay ends. It would have been a much different story if they had the time to finish it. Perhaps it wouldn't have been as great as the original game, but certainly it would have been something fun at least.

LB_wannabe

Educated
I have an indecent idea for Blood modders.

They are working on Brutal Half-Life:

and there's a mod called Half-Duke in which you can play Half-Life with Duke Nukem:

The idea is this: a modification of Brutal Half-Life, so you can play with Caleb (I think Blood 2 arsenal would fit better the HL setting) instead of the speechless-boring-anonymous Gordon Freeman.

catfood

AGAIN
Haven't read the entire thread, but bust a quick heads up: in case someone wants to play this game in co-op with their bros, it's a nightmare. There is this extremely annoying bug which makes it that nine times out of ten only the host can open doors, so if someone dies the host has to go back to the beginning of the level and open doors for the one who died. If it weren't for the circularity of the level design this would have made it impossible to play in co-op.

The game IS very fun. We had a blast playing through the first episode. It's just that the network code is FUBAR.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Haven't read the entire thread, but bust a quick heads up: in case someone wants to play this game in co-op with their bros, it's a nightmare. There is this extremely annoying bug which makes it that nine times out of ten only the host can open doors, so if someone dies the host has to go back to the beginning of the level and open doors for the one who died. If it weren't for the circularity of the level design this would have made it impossible to play in co-op.

The game IS very fun. We had a blast playing through the first episode. It's just that the network code is FUBAR.
Is that all versions or just say out of the box/gog/steam?

catfood

AGAIN

Is that all versions or just say out of the box/gog/steam?
What do you mean? We used the GOG version. Is there a mod out there which fixes the problem?

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
https://www.moddb.com/mods/death-wish-for-blood/news/new-death-wish-episode-in-development

New Death Wish episode in Development

A new Death Wish episode in development for version 1.7.

Posted by Bloatoid on Jun 28th, 2020

I started working on a 4th episode for Death Wish. The edits to old levels will probably be minor. The new episode continues where the 3rd left off. I'm taking my time to make sure the level quality stays high, so don't expect this update until 2021 (I don't plan to wait until October to release it like I usually do, though). I'll release some preview images from time to time until then. Here's a look at a few completed levels:

That's it for now. I'm testing in DOSBox and occasionally in Fresh Supply, so there shouldn't be any compatibility issues on release. The new levels will be outfitted with all the co-op play extras that were added to the old levels in the v1.5 update.

If anyone is wondering about the label change, it's because Death Wish technically isn't a mod, but rather an expansion/add-on, as it only uses vanilla assets (aside from the videos) and should be compatible with any Blood mod that is compatible with the base game.

Until next time!

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
Guys, I've been playing on Nblood and holy shit I am having a blast. This is the first time in a while I've played a game and looked up at and its 2 hours later. Nblood is very good out of the box, runs proper high res and aspect ratio, buttery smooth, modern controls already mapped.

I of course played blood as a kid, but I never got very far, or probably like many people only had a shareware version with the first episode. But it is just amazingly fun revisiting it now, and not out of nostalgia, just because its so good. The levels are just the right size, allowing for some exploration and layering, but not so long as to drag on the gameplay. The other thing is - it looks good! I think the build engine games have aged very well, and blood most of all due to its artstyle.

Sjukob

Arcane
I think the build engine games have aged very well, and blood most of all due to its artstyle.
Death Wish custom campaign
javaw_2018_06_01_19_41_47_11.png

javaw_2018_06_01_19_48_54_94.png

javaw_2018_06_01_19_53_55_56.png

javaw_2018_06_01_21_01_59_48.png

javaw_2018_06_01_21_06_17_11.png

javaw_2018_06_01_21_08_27_49.png

javaw_2018_06_04_22_05_04_10.png

javaw_2018_06_05_21_51_47_63.png

javaw_2018_06_06_00_15_57_36.png

javaw_2018_06_06_00_39_58_40.png

javaw_2018_06_06_19_12_08_64.png

javaw_2018_06_06_19_29_21_32.png

javaw_2018_06_07_02_03_46_32.png

javaw_2018_06_07_02_08_28_54.png

javaw_2018_06_07_02_33_05_26.png

javaw_2018_06_08_00_15_18_92.png

javaw_2018_06_08_00_58_29_73.png

javaw_2018_06_08_20_08_08_09.png

javaw_2018_06_08_20_17_50_15.png

javaw_2018_06_08_22_16_34_67.png

toughasnails

:necro:

MARROW is a fan made, original episode for Blood. Continuing Caleb's story after the defeat of Tchernobog, Caleb returns to the grave to rest. Yet, the Cabal have other plans. In an effort to resurrect Cerberus and destroy Caleb once and for all. Caleb must, once again, rise from the dead to defeat the remnants of the Cabal. With ten brand new levels, and featuring new, original music. MARROW is made for Blood: Fresh Supply, but will work with nBlood and Raze. (though may have graphical glitches not present in Fresh Supply)
https://playmarrow.com/
https://www.moddb.com/mods/marrow

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom