Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blood: Fresh Supply - remaster by Nightdive Studios, published by Atari

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The best part is that it offers a custom difficulty which allows you to play with the Extra Crispy amount of enemies in all levels without having to deal with the cancerous amount of enemy accuracy and damage scaling.
Though there are a lot of glaring glitches and things that shouldn't even be in here. E1M1 has a weird-ass galloping sound in the background which never stops and comes from seemingly nowhere. Blood drops have a tendency of floating mid-air. Weapon binding is fucking weird (you have to input a button to unbind it if it's already bound, instead of being able to just press Del or something to unbind everything). There's not even a console message telling you to which button to press when you died.

And the weirdest part is that quicksaving/loading are bound to F2/F3 by default.

mwnn85

Savant
I've been running this KEX ENGINE remake through Wine 4.7 on Debian Testing.
Just don't use DXVK or switch the in-game renderer (only Direct11 works for me)
It's fine for the most part. Maybe it's just me but the flare gun didn't seem to set Zombies on fire...
A Linux/OSX version is apparently on the way.

Someone recommended NBlood to me too so I compiled the latest under Debian Testing:
https://github.com/nukeykt/NBlood
https://wiki.eduke32.com/wiki/Building_EDuke32_on_Linux

What I've seen so far seems to be excellent:
https://imgur.com/a/1zDiQ6V
MIDI (through soundfonts) or CDAUDIO (GOG already has ripped .ogg files)
All the usual stuff you expect from eduke32, etc.

BloodGDX is open source now as well:
https://gitlab.com/m210/BloodGDX

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Glad they fixed the difficulty bug, but I'm certainly not going to pay for this nonsense again. :M

JBro

Arbiter
8 player split screen. :love:

3vF0yeG.jpg

Astral Rag

Arcane
"This is DRM free and $5 less on another store but I must have my STEEMS!"

Yes because I'm going to give my CC info to a bunch of abandonware peddling Pollacks.

:troll:

By the way, the Steam version doesn't have any DRM either but don't let that fact keep you from your gog shilling.

Last edited:

Astral Rag

Arcane
Any, monocled, codexers who want to play some Bloodbath MP feel free to add me on STEAM. Look at my screenshots to find out my username.
Europeans with at least ok connections only. Girls welcome too.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Was just about to buy this on GOG, but is it another glitch fest?

Nope, not for me anyway. Have played a couple of hours now and everything was dandy except for a few minor bugs. I saw some floating blood stains and the Steam Overlay didn't work as it should with the DX11 renderer but it works fine with Vulkan, haven't tried opengl. Quicksaving takes a few seconds longer than expected, even on SSD but it's no big deal either.

No crashes for me, so far.

The game runs at a locked 60fps on my desktop (old i7 with 960gpu 4k res) and laptop (i5 with Intel graphics 1080p res). Sound is great too, I don't know if they did something to it but it sounds better to me, could be just placebo.

Didn't notice any lag in MP but maybe I was just lucky.

I'm sure these issues will be patched out shortly and hopefully they fix it so that custom content works better.

Last edited:

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Yup, runs perfectly fine for me too. And I actually did get a -50% steam coupon.

Damn, forgot how hard this game is compared to most other shooters for someone who generally sucks at fps.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom