Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blood: Fresh Supply - remaster by Nightdive Studios, published by Atari

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
So they released a Beta patch:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1010750/discussions/0/1649918058737843575/

NEW BETA (1.8.6) is now available!

Hello everyone,

We've been hard at work over the weekend, fixing as many issues as we can get to. We thank you for your patience while we fix problems.

We have a new BETA for you to try now. This new BETA right now is not compatible with your current saves, so you'll have to start from the beginning of your current episode.

To opt-in to the BETA, right click on the game in Steam, and go to Properties. Click the Betas tab and select 'BETA' from the Dropdown list.

The new BETA (1.8.6) addresses the following issues:
  • OpenGL, DirectX and Vulkan crash fixes,
  • Armour is no longer affected by friendly fire,
  • "Show Player Weapons" has been renamed to "Show Player Weapons Overhead" to clarify what the option does,
  • Remove the two extra recoil SFX for Cultists
  • Tesla blast projectile now renders as flat - adding custom definition entry for making it always pitch towards the viewer
  • Bug fix with TNT/Spray can disappearing when exploding in hands while on the last ammo
  • Removing the run glitch feature
  • Fixed incorrect negative shade for candles, causing the sprite effect to appear brighter
  • Removed the pre-fire animation for Tesla weapon
  • Removed the morphing animation for gargoyle statues
  • Stone gargoyle now uses the correct recoil SFX
  • Lightly Broiled is now always the default selected menu item when entering the difficulty menu
  • Akimbo Napalm weapon now plays the correct firing animation as seen in DOS version 1.21 (was using the old 1.0 one)
  • Dynamite bundles now play a different SEQ when impacting walls
  • Fix no taunting from TNT kills, some player achievement crediting
  • Fixed crash if player start had no sector
  • Tweaks to nerwork-demo system
  • Save autorun state between sessions
  • Fix slider directional input not being clamped; make FoV change by 1
  • Keys now default to full shade values
  • Importing updated extra voxels
  • Major revision to virtual vram system and shaders. Height is now only padded for wall textures now. Fixes tiling issues with non power of 2 texture widths
  • Rebuilt all shaders
  • Padded textures and normal textures are now treated as separate virtual vram entries. Fixes issue with the monolith logo in the save game menu being distorted while in E3M2
  • Concussion damage is now scaled against tick scale, making gibbing to occur more easily
  • Changed jump height for getting out of water back to the original height. This broke E2M2
  • Shade value for walls with back wall swap flag is now accounted for
  • Proper shade and palette values are now inherited from sprite to voxels (they now appear correct in DWE3M1)
  • Lots of fix attempts in trying to get the texture UV mapping right (fixes e1m1, e1m2, e1m3, e3m2, e1m8)

This beta will likely be updated as we move forwards, and we're working to get more done.

Please try it out, and let us know what you think!

Thanks,
Daniel G
Nightdive Studios Production Team

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Got it because of 50% discount (since owning the other version gives said discount). People might be right though about older versions getting buried. I totally missed the gog Duke nukem and i don't see it coming back so I bought the Redneck rampage pack instead.

I had considered the entire Delta Force package as well.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I hardly played the original version of Blood back in the day, but even then I found it suspect that the butchers took so much to catch fire in this with the spray can. I tend to shoot them with three flares to light them on fire quickly enough.

Silentstorm

Learned

I'm way more inclined to take his word on it than the damn dirty shilling Australian.

Oh fuck you dude, you beat me to it. Love me some Civvie.

Civvie is great and quickly becoming the Youtuber for old FPS and PC games to me, okay, so maybe ones like LGR are great, but Civvie has quickly become better than GManLives to me, this latest video is just a great example.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Got it because of 50% discount (since owning the other version gives said discount). People might be right though about older versions getting buried. I totally missed the gog Duke nukem and i don't see it coming back so I bought the Redneck rampage pack instead.

Is there any reason to prefer the original Duke with eDuke over the "world tour" remaster thing? I get not wanting to pay for Wold Tour if you already own the game, but if you're looking to buy it today is there a reason to avoid it? I have Duke on GOG from back in the day, so I'm just asking out of curiosity.

JBro

Arbiter

Is there any reason to prefer the original Duke with eDuke over the "world tour" remaster thing? I get not wanting to pay for Wold Tour if you already own the game, but if you're looking to buy it today is there a reason to avoid it? I have Duke on GOG from back in the day, so I'm just asking out of curiosity.

Mods, and World Tour doesn't have the expansions. It's pointless outside of the new episode, and that can be mostly run in eduke, too.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Mods, and World Tour doesn't have the expansions. It's pointless outside of the new episode, and that can be mostly run in eduke, too.

I don't think the Atomic Edition on GOG has the expansions either, though I'd have to download it to confirm 100%. Mods makes sense, though I've never personally used any.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

Don't give Randy any money and use eduke32 instead.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
This Civvie dude sounds more like some fat high-school kid attempting to come across clever.

I've only watched a single civvie video (the one everyone is currently linking to) and in that video he shows more knowledge of old FPS than you do about games in general, so shut up you despicable hack.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I'm not a fan of the steam client tbh (more junk to clutter up my computer which is cluttered up enough with emulators, music, graphic, and other editors). World tour sort of sounded interesting but seems like it was bashed a bit for crappy new boss and lackluster new weapons. Maybe I'll watch some more vids on it. Pretty sure I missed out on quite a few Duke games.

newtmonkey

Arcane

World Tour has:
- Forced Vsync plus input lag even if you disable Vsync through graphic card control panel
- MONO music (the actual files are in stereo, but the game plays them back in mono for some reason)

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
speaking of BloodGDX, its latest version (0,951) is a part of BuildGDX package, but i can't properly use custom difficulty in it, "enemy number" setting does nothing, i always get low numbers, wherever the slider is. However it works ok in latest stand-alone version (0.799). Anyone else has that problem?

Goi~Yaas~Dinn

Savant
Anyone else feeling unease while playing Blood?
It's a story where the "good" guys are a centuries-old secret death cult led by an actual-no-fucking-shitting-you demon, and you're still technically the "bad" guy....I'm gonna go with a big "YES!!!".

Astral Rag

Arcane
I was a bit too fabulously optimistic about this "remaster".

After having spent some more time with it I decided to go back to NBlood until they hopefully manage to fix it. It feels very much like a beta at the moment.

For some reason there are less gibs and a lot of small differences and weird bugs that you will notice if you're at least somewhat familiar with the original. The colour palette seems inaccurate and the game crashed to desktop a few times. Even the audio crapped out from time to time.

NBlood and GDX are currently better in every way except maybe in the multiplayer department. Not that the Nightdive version has flawless MP. You still can't create private lobby's so random morans will invade your server and suck the joy out of your co-op session.

I played some Death Wish with NBlood instead (currently not properly playable with Kex):

sOcTWze.png

6nlqUrO.png

NAciAjP.png

S7HHYuj.png

XsrFmT9.png

Cxmes9M.png

WIURsU9.png

ctenAvF.png

Last edited:

Goi~Yaas~Dinn

Savant
I was a bit too fabulously optimistic about this "remaster".

After having spent some more time with it I decided to go back to nblood until they hopefully manage to fix it. It feels very much like a beta at the moment.

For some reason there are less gibs and a lot of small differences and weird bugs that you will notice if you're at least somewhat familiar with the original. The colour palette seems inaccurate and the game crashed to desktop a few time. Even the audio craps out from time to time.

Nblood and GDX are currently better in every way except maybe in the multiplayer department. Not that the Nightdive version has flawless MP. You still can't create private lobby's so random morans will invade your server and suck the joy out of your co-op session.

I played some Death Wish with nBlood instead (currently not properly playable with Kex):

sOcTWze.png

6nlqUrO.png

NAciAjP.png

S7HHYuj.png

XsrFmT9.png

Cxmes9M.png

WIURsU9.png

ctenAvF.png
Deathwish is Blood 2. People keep trying to tell me this isn't so, that I'm mistaken and the Actual Blood 2 is some bullshit called "Blood 2- The Chosen" with crap writing and garbage game design. These are the people that usually get a one-way ticket to lemonparty.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
This Civvie dude sounds more like some fat high-school kid attempting to come across clever.

I've only watched a single civvie video (the one everyone is currently linking to) and in that video he shows more knowledge of old FPS than you do about games in general, so shut up you despicable hack.
He still sounds like a retarded fat sperg and his "jokes" are 9gag tier.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Another update:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=1010750

"Add support for private and friend lobbies"

"Concussion damage is now scaled against tick scale, making gibbing to occur more easily"

D0EBCDBABEE42F1D9208BCFB92FC97A3EEDA4902

Hopefully we can now finish episodes without people getting disconnecting for no discernable reason.

edit:

The floating blood issue is still present:
A525506B9CEB6F97FB8812B03DF26B90A33C8FB3

Last edited:

Solid Snail

Learned
If I purchase the old version on Steam I'll still get the discount voucher?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom