Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Blood - From the workshop of Kevin Kilstrom, Plus mods/maps/launchers thread

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Ninja Destroyer, Nov 20, 2014.

1. tormund Arcane

tormund
    I started playing Bloody Pulp Fiction, since I needed something to remove the taste of Blood 2 from my mouth. http://bpf.deathmask.net/
    I'm at the fifth map right now (it's based around Children of the Corn, and it looks p nice too). and I am liking it so far. Visually, it could give Bloodlines and Death Wish maps a run for their money. Difficulty is closer to DW, if not even harder... Only thing I disliked so far was the snow in the opening map, since it raped the framerate in outdoors sections. It made some trickier sections almost unbearable, like walking across narrow ledges while fighting cultists and gargoyles near the end.

PS desert town map contains a nice treat for MST3K fans.;)

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Astral Rag Arcane

Astral Rag
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  3. Riskbreaker Arcane Patron

Riskbreaker
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Riskbreaker Arcane Patron

Riskbreaker
    Jace goes on with his teasing:
    http://www.twingalaxies.com/content...Live-Again?s=9714c3ac6a7035909a5add81f2646cd9

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. ArchAngel Arcane

ArchAngel
    I care!! I want to see Blood receive the System Shock KS treatment! To this day I remember Blood as one of the most fun deathmatch MP experiences and singleplayer was fun as well.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. tormund Arcane

tormund
    I care... for either "official", commercial port, or for Blood's source code to be publicly released.
    I don't think I want some sort of a sequel or reboot considering how things are these days (and it seems like that is what he is aiming at).

^ Top  
  7. TZ3K Arcane

TZ3K
    If the fella wants to get some crowdfunding he should bundle No One Lives Forever into that too.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Astral Rag Arcane

Astral Rag
    I would pay good money for a good source port (something like EDuke 32 or xDuke would be grand). Vanilla Blood can still be played online just fine though and BloodBaths are still as fun as they ever were. Just find some monocled friends, install Blood and Yang, set paths and you're good to go.

^ Top  
  9. Astral Rag Arcane

Astral Rag
    Another WIP (dead?) project

^ Top  
  10. tormund Arcane

tormund
    NOLF is too much of a legal mess.

In this case Hall probably has some behind the scenes info and confirmations that he is in position to secure Blood rights, but needs money and right kind of push.
    "truth is that the rights status and the entire history are a bit complex and basically there are around 3 people on Earth who truly understand that complexity, none of which are currently at Atari or WB.
    Since it is my name and signature that is on all the Blood related contracts and deals - assuming a large enough crowd funding effort, I know I could help move the needle on this."

Let's see what is going to happen in following months... I just hope that he won't get involved with Devolver and Flying Wild Hog if there is any other way to go on about it (since they already showed interest in Blood, and I really don't want to see FWH touching Blood)

^ Top  
  11. TZ3K Arcane

TZ3K
    From my understanding of the whole Monolith situation I thought all the rights of their various franchises were caught up in the same limbo.

I'd some what hesitantly put my money on the XL Engine being the one that makes Blood live again.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Riskbreaker Arcane Patron

Riskbreaker
    That's some first class nightmare fuel right there.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. tormund Arcane

tormund
    The Cult episode is progressing nicely, he finished four maps so far
    http://www.blood.freeminded.de/index.php?section=episodes&id=527
    http://www.blood.freeminded.de/index.php?section=maps&id=546
    http://www.blood.freeminded.de/index.php?section=maps&id=549
    They're all solid maps that aren't too difficult and feature impressive level of detail. Third map in particular looks almost like newer eDuke map, but that sadly means that framerate is sometimes abysmal (especially at some points inside the village). Fourth one has more reasonable detailing but it also introduces some annoying gimmicks, like the unkillable zombie at start and black & white areas that make all enemies invincible while they are in them...
    They're worth trying IMO, or you can just wait for the finished episode (hopefully existing maps will receive some polishing until then).

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  14. Durandal Arcane

Durandal
    It was alright on its own, but it shows that FWH does not understand what made old Doom clones like Blood and Shadow Warrior work the way they did, and instead they took it in another direction. I appreciated the expanded swordplay, but the guns just felt underwhelming and level design was mostly mediocre.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. pippin Guest

pippin

• Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Ivan Arcane

Ivan
    I LIIIIIIIIIIIIVE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGAIIIIIIIIIIIN

^ Top  
  17. Unkillable Cat Prestigious Gentleman LEST WE FORGET Patron

Unkillable Cat
    Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
    LOL at the amount of wasted paper in the "One Unit Whole Blood" box.

That box is HUGE...and it contains 2 CD's, some jewel case-sized pamphlets and a postcard?

^ Top  
  18. pippin Guest

pippin

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  19. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    Serpent in the Staglands Wasteland 2
    Mobile port

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. pippin Guest

pippin

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. tormund Arcane

tormund
    So, looks like this is really happening then.

I just hope that he will be reasonable with his goals if he really ends up doing KS for port/rerelease. Blood fanbase might be dedicated, but I don't think that it is in any way big.

^ Top  
  22. http://www.twingalaxies.com/content.php/4192-Blood-Should-It-Live-Again

^ Top  
  23. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    Serpent in the Staglands Wasteland 2
    So what's the difference between this and his last failed attempt at cutting a deal for a re-release/port?

^ Top  
  24. Riskbreaker Arcane Patron

Riskbreaker
    Well, difference would be that he somehow made NotAtari's thousand lawyers budge. Or, at least he thinks he did. Back when he was trying to do that re-release couple of years ago, NotAtari ended up pulling the plug on the project.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)