Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blood - From the workshop of Kevin Kilstrom, Plus mods/maps/launchers thread

A horse of course

Well, difference would be that he somehow made NotAtari's thousand lawyers budge. Or, at least he thinks he did. Back when he was trying to do that re-release couple of years ago, NotAtari ended up pulling the plug on the project.

He doesn't even mention the last attempt, though, which makes me suspicious that he's just begging for cuckstarter attention in the vague hope lawyers at WB or whatever will get off their asses and make a formal claim to the rights. Didn't the (Nightdive trying to get)NOLF guy just give up after trying something similar?

tormund

Arcane
AFAIK ND claimed that Blood IP is out of their price range (they tweeted that rights were "crazy expensive" or something like that).

I looked it up, it was Devolver Digital (not ND) that was trying to buy the rights but claimed that they were too pricey for them
https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/410867780443836416
Them not buying the IP is just as well, since as I've mentioned earlier that would probably mean Flying Wild Hog developed Blood sequel or reboot.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They will probably try to talk with Atari skeleton crew representative about the IP rights for remake/source port. I wouldn't mind something like a Zandronum plus doomseeker for Blood, with all the maps and campaigns available on one server to download. As for kickstarter, it all depends on the ammount of the money they will ask for. Companies tend to sit on the IP's instead of actually doing something with them and trying to be less greedy. Jason is a great guy, but he will have try really hard to resurrect Caleb.

Oh, I almost forgot.

Mobile port

6Ju8Pqb.jpg

A horse of course

I'd love to play through an updated TekWar. I've tried playing it a few times but lose interest within an hour.

tormund

Arcane
So, I'm a bit late with this, but these are damn good news. Author of BloodCM is now well into development of proper reverse engineered port, one that should be able to play existing user made content.

I continue writing a Blood port. At this video you can see HUD with original dynamic model of weapon (weapon loaded from QAV), zombieAI (zombie's animation loaded from SEQ) and loaded map e1m5 :) So, my port can read RFF files (all versions except alpha version), SEQ files, QAV files and standart build files...PLU files not reading yet.

Mouse and Sounds also not support yet, work in progress :)
:russia:
Here's hoping that it fares better than Kaiser and XL Engine attempts. At least we saw more of it at this point, and this guy has a record of actually finishing his stuff.

Unity engine ? If you are trying to do a full 3d remake, it's better to use Unreal engine. There is project on Moddb with pictures only. Translations of old 2.5 FPS games into full 3d look entirely different when it comes to the movement and weapons - monsters interactions. Most of them are for the learning purpose only, so it will be forever WIP.

http://www.moddb.com/games/blood-evolution

blood_ue4_28.jpg

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
BloodGDX is looking good even in its current state full of issues. I can't believe we might see an accurate port in our lifetime.

I'll wait for the polished version, since I've already lost any hope that one of the projects will be completed anyway. Right now the sound is very sloow and it quickly blends creating a noise/industrial soundtrack for me. The gameplay though, it so smooth ! There is an option for user episodes/maps from the beginning.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Played through the first episode and didn't run into any serious issues. I encountered some nasty HOMs but other than that everything was fine. Initially sound and mouse input were buggy but later updates fixed those problems for me.

Playing Blood in SVGA at a constant 100fps is just glorious.

I hope MP gets added later down the line.

edit: I forgot to mention that voxel objects are not (yet?) present. Seeing sprites instead of familiar voxels is a bit weird initially but it doesn't really bother me.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
Blood is the shit and you should play it. That is all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom