Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Bloodborne. Discuss or die!

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I could cheese once the Shark brothers, never bothered again. I don't know what's up with the Orphan, but never could beat him and wasn't motivated at that stage to farm for a ton of blood vials.

Silva

Arcane
I could cheese once the Shark brothers, never bothered again. I don't know what's up with the Orphan, but never could beat him and wasn't motivated at that stage to farm for a ton of blood vials.
I've found sister Friede harder than orphan. But found Shark Brothers harder than Friede.

The hardest non-boss that's still fun to engage in a "come and get me" way is a mix between Corvian knights in DS3 and the hunters in BB (Henryk, Djura, Eileen, Crow of Cainhurst). Love dueling those guys even if I died lots of times. Feels like a dance.

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I've found sister Friede harder than orphan.

But Shark Brothers were the hardest non-boss enemy in all series to me. Those frozen Irithyl knights in DS3 come close, depending on my build at the time.
Shark brothers are harder than most Souls bosses. A couple of months ago I was trying a no-death full run of Bloodborne and they are one of my majors obstacles (after Orphan and the chalice amygdala).

GrainWetski

Arcane
Horizon's obviously coming to PC so I guess there's a chance it could be true that Sony's going all in with older games. We can only hope, so the game can finally be in a playable state. No, running at 720p 45-55FPS is not 1080p 60(the absolute bare minimum for action games).

https://respawnfirst.com/bloodborne-coming-pc-industry-insider/

Bloodborne is a game that the Souls fans love and adore. Even though the DarkSouls games are available to play on PC, Bloodborne is exclusive to PS4. That could change in the future according to a new leak.

Some new information has been Leaked which suggests that Bloodborne is being developed for PC. Horizon Zero Dawn and Death Stranding are other games that have been confirmed for PC and this could mean that other PS titles will come to PC as well. The leak is as follows:

BLOODBORNE is currently in development for PC. I wanted to go ahead and get this to you guys who love to game on PC. This could take 10 months up to a year to get announced but other Sony games to PC might get announced first and this later! If you thought that Horizon was the only one coming to PC then prepare to get blown away. But yeah, do NOT take this as 100% confirmation and wait for official news! And of course, take every leak with a grain of salt.

As this is a sensitive matter and we do not want anyone to get into trouble if this does turn out to be true, we have not mentioned any names or added any links. This information was shared in a private group. The leaker went on to mention the following:

My sources are from the gaming industry and from the word’s most active gaming forum that is Era. Fully trust em on this one and have known them personally for a few years now. Peace out.

PS: If you know some people from foreign countries or from Era do not share this with them. This is only and only for you guys since this is a private group.

People did not like that fact that Horizon Zero Dawn is coming to PC and I think that if Bloodborne comes to PC then there is going to be some backlash there as well but the game is pretty old now and if other players get the chance to play it then we should give it to them.

As is always the case with leaks and rumors, do take this with a grain of salt until there is confirmation from Sony or FromSoftware.

Sentinel

Arcane
The game is massively overrated. so cvv, toro and sullynathan weren't too off base.

Edit: Nevermind, I missed that Silva was talking about horizon, not BB. Horizon is indeed a pile of shit.
Edit2: Or was he? I'm not sure anymore.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
We can only hope, so the game can finally be in a playable state. No, running at 720p 45-55FPS is not 1080p 60(the absolute bare minimum for action games).
Bloodborne with good load times, 60 fps, 1080p and some of the dlc weapons redistributed through the rest of the game (it's really silly how the 3 dlc areas have basically the same amount of weapon types as the whole base game, especially since the dlc fits in after it in terms of difficultly) would be a great goty edition for PC.

I am not sure I believe bb is coming to pc in any form though.

Silva

Arcane
Bloodborne with good load times, 60 fps, 1080p and some of the dlc weapons redistributed through the rest of the game (it's really silly how the 3 dlc areas have basically the same amount of weapon types as the whole base game, especially since the dlc fits in after it in terms of difficultly) would be a great goty edition for PC the GOAT action RPG.
Corrected for you. :obviously:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
image.png

MasPingon

Arcane
I would be even more impressed with the game if they implemented it.

Shame they didn't, probably testers where confused and dissapointed when Maria told them to take a reward and gtfo. Huge part didn't have a clue what to do next, so they missed the village. That would be so interesting, if you could actually fail to solve the mistery behind Hunters Nightmare for not paying enoght attention.It also would make so much more sense when she is alive while you arrive at the Cathedral. Sad true is, it was, while being risky, too good to implement.

Check out this guys channel, it's freaking unbeliavable how many great ideas weren't implemented, like chairs instead of lamps, bigger Byrgenwerth or boss fight with Master Willem.

Ninja edit

Actually it's implemented, all it takes is to change the flags in code. Hope to see it in PC verion or Definitive edition.

Last edited:

Sentinel

Arcane
A lot of Lance's content actually makes previously non sensical dialogue make sense, to the point where I wonder if Miyazaki doesn't have his team build the "true" version of the scenarios but then selectively remove some pieces to make it cryptic.
Otherwise I have to assume that FromSoftware are just god awful at planning, because 3 games in a row with so much fucking cut content is impressive.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
it would be expensive to build that much content just to cut it, especially since From is still an AA company and doesn't have that much money to throw away so frivolously.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom