Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Bloodborne. Discuss or die!

Sentinel

Arcane
Btw Perkel you're posting promotional material. Bloodborne particularly does not look like that in-game.

The Decline

Arcane
It just comes down to the fact that the artists at From are extremely talented. Their graphical designs transcend hardware and software limitations.

Sentinel

Arcane
FromSoft outsources half their art shit. Especially modelling.
Source?
Well, I wish I'd saved the image of some taiwanese company that had an entire album of stuff they modelled for Dark Souls 3. Ancient Dragon was done by them, I remember seeing that specifically.
Found this guy that did contract work on modelling for The Old Hunters and Dark Souls 3 and its DLCs: https://www.artstation.com/marcos_domenech/profile
Found this too, from "Dark Souls. Beyond the Grave Vol. 2: Bloodborne & Dark Souls III"
q9d97Cy.png

https://www.passionrepublic.com/portfolio/dark-souls-3/
Contribution
Created player outfit, boss characters and monster

Last edited:

Silva

Arcane
FromSoft outsources half their art shit. Especially modelling.
Source?
Well, I wish I'd saved the image of some taiwanese company that had an entire album of stuff they modelled for Dark Souls 3. Ancient Dragon was done by them, I remember seeing that specifically.
Found this guy that did contract work on modelling for The Old Hunters and Dark Souls 3 and its DLCs: https://www.artstation.com/marcos_domenech/profile
Found this too, from "Dark Souls. Beyond the Grave Vol. 2: Bloodborne & Dark Souls III"
q9d97Cy.png

https://www.passionrepublic.com/portfolio/dark-souls-3/
Contribution
Created player outfit, boss characters and monster
Thanks for this. Very interesting.

I guess the praise go to From's art direction then, in keeping the quality so high and consistent across games even when outsourcing stuff.

Nito

Educated
Patron
Has there been any further word on Bloodborne for PC or was that just a wishful rumor that fizzled and died like the others?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Btw Perkel you're posting promotional material. Bloodborne particularly does not look like that in-game.
If it ran on PC it would.

You can play bb on PC with PS Now I think
A cursory check on wikipedia says this is true. But it is a streaming service, and costs 10 dollars a month. I can only assume the input latency is horrible, especially for a fairly actiony game like bloodborne.

Perkel

Arcane

Those are screenshots from one of Neogaf souls screenshot threads done with camera hacks.
But nice you acnowledge superiority of BB graphics in this way. Unlike Sekiro which looks worse than BB games was made with 1,8TF console in mind as base not with 1,2TF which is why DS3 and Sekiro look worse. Here is some more "promotional material":

dUsb.jpg

bloodborne_2015041500mpuho.jpg

god rays which don't exist:

QJWDCK.jpg

uvK3Lh0.jpg

bloodborne_2015042422o6jr8.jpg

bloodborne_2015042519bdjlb.jpg

bloodborne_2015042819m8k8g.jpg

P1MZkcy.jpg

bloodborne_20150801004rkwl.jpg

bloodborne_2015040500wyjnl.jpg

bloodborne_20150405027fkcs.jpg

bloodborne_20150405021pjmh.jpg

bloodborne_2015080102cwkk3.jpg

bloodborne_201508080236sly.jpg

bloodborne_20150808040fbbt.jpg

17093161406_00d56793a9_o.jpg

bloodborne_2015040501iouvw.jpg

Perkel

Arcane
A cursory check on wikipedia says this is true. But it is a streaming service, and costs 10 dollars a month. I can only assume the input latency is horrible, especially for a fairly actiony game like bloodborne.

It has 14 7 day free trial. I used it to play BB and God of War. Despite service and servers being in london and me being in poland both my stream and picture quality was really great. 14 days is enough to finish BB. Though PSnow doesn't have BB with expansion only base. Latency was barely perceptible.

Last edited:

Silva

Arcane
All cutscenes are in engine.
You're bordering a retardo here. Try to inform yourself of the game graphic features please. It will be less embarrassing for you. Anyone who played the fucking game knows those screenshots are photoshoped or something.

No, the game doesn't have dynamic lighting neither god rays and no the game doesn't look as sharp as those pics, because in-game shit is jagged as fuck because bad AA and colors are all greyish hued just like in DS3. If you had actually played the game you would know.

That said, the game is still very pretty and atmospheric, yes, which is the whole point of the fucking discussion. But it is so due to From artistic flair, not AAA resources and budget going in the game.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It has 14 day free trial. I used it to play BB and God of War. Despite service and servers being in london and me being in poland

How were you able to use PSN when it's not officially available in Polant?

I've been told by \cvv that BB could come on PC.

I said BB will get a PS5 remaster for sure because publishers love to sell us the same games multiple times. And given how more and more Sony exclusives are ported to PC nowadays I think it's more likely than not they'll make a PC port while they're at it. I'd be willing to bet 100 bucks it will happen.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Your head has PS3 DNA. DS3 and BB are one of the first games this generation that went wild with geometry detail. What used to be just bump map texture for stuff most of the time they did actual 3D modelling. DS3 looks a bit worse because they had to take into account 1,2TF xbox instead of being done only on 1,9tf ps4. I didn't play sekiro but i doubt it will look better than BB for same reason as DS3.

Bloodborne

maxresdefault.jpg

Bloodborne03.jpg
Those are screenshots from one of Neogaf souls screenshot threads done with camera hacks.
these screenshots are 100% promotional.

Perkel

Arcane
How were you able to use PSN when it's not officially available in Polant?

Just register new PSN account via their GB site. Use some England address. Then get 7 days psnow trial from their shop and don't forget to unsub because they will hit you with 8 pounds after those 7 days.. It requires CC card or paypal but it can be polish one. To use PS Now you have to have some sort of Pad. Best PS4 pad as it comes with drivers or you can use just any other pad like Xinput.

Here is proof:

You're bordering a retardo here. Try to inform yourself of the game graphic features please. It will be less embarrassing for you. Anyone who played the fucking game knows those screenshots are photoshoped or something.

No, the game doesn't have dynamic lighting neither god rays and no the game doesn't look as sharp as those pics, because in-game shit is jagged as fuck because bad AA and colors are all greyish hued just like in DS3. If you had actually played the game you would know.

Game runs at 1920x1080. And i already told you people are using camera hacks to make those screenshots. And yes game has godrays. Also dynamic lighting as well they just use it sporadically.

just made it for you via PSnow:

Perkel

Arcane
Made tutorial for dexers who want to play BB on PC for free:

0. You have to have connection with at least 20 mbit/s and very low ISP lag.
1. You need pad, best PS4 one but it could be any Xinput
2. You need UK PSN account so go to UK site and create new account
3. Download PSNow
3. You need CC card or paypal, use free trial link in PSNow and pick 7 days trial.
4. Switch off auto-renew in account settings.
5. Log in again to PSnow and pick BB

edit: Whole things doesn't take more than 4-5 minutes. IT has some stupid police agreements popups though that blueball you xD.

I am in Poland with 1Gbit/s fiber but i played it on 30mbit/s connection too. Lag for me is barely perceptible and if i wouldn't play it on PS4 which i sold already i wouldn't notice it. So the closer to Uk the better lag should be.

Lag also highly depends on your ISP lag. When i had 4Mbit/s i had about 40-50ms and it was unplayable. On 30mbit/s i had around 4-5ms and i didn't feel much lag.

these screenshots are 100% promotional.

Those are not even best screenshot i posted. So even if they are promotional it doesn't change anything.

Last edited:

vortex

Fabulous Optimist

Perkel

Arcane
It's not coming to PC confirmed by Sony.
A series of listings on Amazon France seemingly suggested exclusive PlayStation 4 games like Days Gone and Bloodborne was coming to the PC. However, Sony responded to a request from IGN that “The listings are not accurate. We have made no announcements to bring these games to PC.”
Despair
https://www.ign.com/articles/psa-ps4-exclusives-listed-for-pc-on-amazon-are-an-error

BB rumor was before those listings. It was rumored that Sony will bring some exclusives to PC and mentioned ones were Horizon BB and something else. Horizon became reality which is why BB rumor is pretty legit.

Also you can already play it on PC via PSnow. So for Sony it doesn't make much difference if they would release it officially. Original rumor was from start of this year and said that they are working on it and it could take 10-12 months to port it. So at minimum end of this year start of next year. Horizon 0 shit is this summer.

ITT people are seriously interacting with a star citizen believer aka a poster with negative IQ

Negative IQ is badge of honor on codex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom