Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Bloodborne. Discuss or die!

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It's not coming to PC confirmed by Sony.
A series of listings on Amazon France seemingly suggested exclusive PlayStation 4 games like Days Gone and Bloodborne was coming to the PC. However, Sony responded to a request from IGN that “The listings are not accurate. We have made no announcements to bring these games to PC.”
Despair
https://www.ign.com/articles/psa-ps4-exclusives-listed-for-pc-on-amazon-are-an-error

It's obviously not coming now, that would be completely illogical. If they're gonna bring BB to PC they're gonna commission the port together with the PS5 remaster (my guess is around 2022).

My guess is the reason Horizon is coming to PC now is because they're already making a 60 FPS remaster which will be one of PS5 launch titles in November.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
It's not coming to PC confirmed by Sony.
A series of listings on Amazon France seemingly suggested exclusive PlayStation 4 games like Days Gone and Bloodborne was coming to the PC. However, Sony responded to a request from IGN that “The listings are not accurate. We have made no announcements to bring these games to PC.”
Despair
https://www.ign.com/articles/psa-ps4-exclusives-listed-for-pc-on-amazon-are-an-error
We have made no announcements != we are not doing this.

The dream is real.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yo toro, you
no.png
-ed my bet that BB is coming to PC.

Wanna make it interesting? If Sony doesn't brings BB to PC before 31st December 2022 I'll donate 100 bucks to Codex. If they do you donate the sum. C'mon, don't be a bitch.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Yo toro, you
no.png
-ed my bet that BB is coming to PC.

Wanna make it interesting? If Sony doesn't brings BB to PC before 31st December 2022 I'll donate 100 bucks to Codex. If they do you donate the sum. C'mon, don't be a bitch.

Nah. Nice try though :)

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Made tutorial for dexers who want to play BB on PC for free:

0. You have to have connection with at least 20 mbit/s and very low ISP lag.
1. You need pad, best PS4 one but it could be any Xinput
2. You need UK PSN account so go to UK site and create new account
3. Download PSNow
3. You need CC card or paypal, use free trial link in PSNow and pick 7 days trial.
4. Switch off auto-renew in account settings.
5. Log in again to PSnow and pick BB

edit: Whole things doesn't take more than 4-5 minutes. IT has some stupid police agreements popups though that blueball you xD.

I am in Poland with 1Gbit/s fiber but i played it on 30mbit/s connection too. Lag for me is barely perceptible and if i wouldn't play it on PS4 which i sold already i wouldn't notice it. So the closer to Uk the better lag should be.

Lag also highly depends on your ISP lag. When i had 4Mbit/s i had about 40-50ms and it was unplayable. On 30mbit/s i had around 4-5ms and i didn't feel much lag.

these screenshots are 100% promotional.

Those are not even best screenshot i posted. So even if they are promotional it doesn't change anything.

You must have a potato monitor if you think BB looked 'really great' when streaming from PSNow. I tried it specifically for BB and I thought it was atrocious. It streams at 1280x720 and locked to 30 fps. I'm sure it looks ok on a TV, but on my 2560x1440 it was a smeary hot mess. I was so disappointed because I'd read various posts like yours talking about how great PSNow was and I have no axe to grind against streaming services, but without playing it in a tiny window it was just not playable. Also, despite your assertion to the contrary, there was definitely some input lag. Not a massive amount, but it was worse than I get with GeForce Now and it was noticeable.

By all means people should try it for themselves, it's a free trial after all. Just don't think it's anywhere near as good a playing natively and don't bother if you have a decent monitor.

*EDIT* Should state I have a 200 Mbps wired connection, before that gets blamed for it.

Sentinel

Arcane
Those are screenshots from one of Neogaf souls screenshot threads done with camera hacks.
Nope they aren't. I know they are promotional material because the very first screenshot my post is referring to is a bullshot - that area got severely downgraded lighting in the actual game. The clouds in the distance aren't lit up.
What area was that called? I can even boot up my PS4 and go take a screenshot of it if you want.
Referring to this:

Perkel

Arcane
Those are screenshots from one of Neogaf souls screenshot threads done with camera hacks.
Nope they aren't.

Why you people want to get beaten ?. One already got his portion but i see you want yours.
Neogaf thread from which i took pics. And i choose mostly at random because there are far more pics that are just as good if not better there.

Those two pics mentioned as "promotional material" are actually worse looking that most of other pics so i don't see where you even go with this. If you zoom in into those promotional pics you can see they are just as aliased as rest.
Fact is that BB looks better than both DS3 and Sekiro. I played it after DS3 and first thing i noticed was how better game looked just in first 15 minutes compared to DS3 and how much sharper textures were present.

BB has issues with framerate but it outputs 1080p native without fuckery, as long as you don't move you can take really nice picks.

Character creator is also miles above DS3 one:

JelGqj6.png

ACrkwCu.jpg

jzlhkkwimrx21.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Sentinel

Arcane
Nope they aren't.

Why you people want to get beaten in head. One already got his portion but i see you want yours.
Neogaf thread from which i took pics. And i choose mostly at random because there are far more pics that are just as good if not better there.

Those two pics mentioned as "promotional material" are actually worse looking that most of other pics so i don't see where you even go with this.

Fact is that BB looks better than both DS3 and Sekiro. I played it after DS3 and first thing i noticed was how better game looked just in first 15 minutes compared to DS3 and how much sharper textures were present.

BB has issues with framerate but it outputs 1080p native without fuckery, as long as you don't move you can take really nice picks.
Jesus christ, literally the second post in that thread
Since I don't have the game and Natty.Dread isn't a member here, I'll post some of his panoramas instead. The game only outputs some shitty compressed JPGs, so I know he does a little bit of post editing to clean them up a bit.
And yes that picture I'm mentioning is a bullshot. The final game does not look like that.

Perkel

Arcane
When they made DS3 they took BB engine and they just downgraded it to fit that shitty xbox one console.
On PS4 it doesn't even run stable 30fps so no way DS3 with same graphics would run at console 40% slower.

Jesus christ, literally the second post in that thread
And yes that picture I'm mentioning is a bullshot. The final game does not look like that.

Congratz you found one poster out of 70 in thread who touched a bit screenshot to remove jpg compression. You won.

Sentinel

Arcane
lol you are a special breed of retard. you don't "remove jpg compression". He very clearly applied new AA and changed the color balance. Keep living in fantasy land though.

Perkel

Arcane
lol you are a special breed of retard. you don't "remove jpg compression". He very clearly applied new AA and changed the color balance. Keep living in fantasy land though.

Oh no he change colors a bit. And again that was one poster. Where are the other ones doing that ? Also he doesn't need to apply AA because BB when stationary doesn't really have issues with AA. It is only when you move their version of AA breaks on some surfaces but only on some.

Just ignore screenshots and look at character pics i just posted. Where are AA issues you speak off ?

How about video i just posted ? Where do you see AA breaking in here:

Sentinel

Arcane
What issue is mentioned there?
All I'm saying is he applied a new AA method in an image editing software. The original game uses chromatic aberration to hide jaggies, which in turn blinds you if you look at a BB screenshot.

Silva

Arcane
What issue is mentioned there?
All I'm saying is he applied a new AA method in an image editing software. The original game uses chromatic aberration to hide jaggies, which in turn blinds you if you look at a BB screenshot.
And the ending result is still bad, as everything looks jagged as fuck anyway.

That said, have you considered the chromatic aberration could be there for lore reasons? I mean, it does give the game that dreamy vibe, no? :smug:

And Perkel , see the diff in lighting between Sekiro and BB (and why that shit you posted is not god rays). Oh and stop saying Sekiro looks like shit if you didn't play it.

Silva

Arcane
Looks to me he is making the Dragonball pose.

images

"And the day will come, when his people most needs him, that Padre Pio will return as their savior. But only if a chosen one can do the Dragonball gesture to activate his powers."

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/new-...rs-hint-at-the-game-finally-coming-to-the-pc/

It appears that PC gamers may soon be able to play a FromSoftware game that came exclusively on PS4. This game is no other than Bloodborne, and numerous industry insiders hinted today at the game coming to the PC.

Now we’ve seen such this Bloodborne PC rumor appearing frequently in the past, though we never reported on it. However, this is the first time that the source – or in this case sources – is trustworthy.

The first hint came from Wario64 who claimed that PC gamers can wait a little longer to play Bloodborne on the PC, without the need of PS Now.

Then, Sloth Mom claimed that Bloodborne is indeed coming to the PC, and that its PC port will not disappoint its fans.

For those just joining me, yes Bloodborne *will* be coming to PC, I've had it confirmed by a very trusted source, and I have a lot of faith in the company who's doing the port, you won't be disappointed. It genuinely is happening.

cvv moraes

In before, Bloodborne Eldritch edition intensifies

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Yeah we just need a DeS remake now.
DeS is perfectly playable on emulator right now though (probably not very well with M+kb but still).

PC bloodborne is day 1 preorder for me for sure, unless there's some really weird circumstance like epic exclusivity.

ADL

Prophet
Yeah we just need a DeS remake now.
It's been rumored far too much to the point where I refuse to believe it doesn't exist. If it happens I just hope it has the final archstone intact.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom