Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Bloodborne. Discuss or die!

Black Angel

Arcane
He's "ressurected" by the Pthumerian Bell Ringers in the plaza before you go into the Nightmare of Mensis,
I think it's not just the Bell Ringers who summoned the One Reborn, but also the entire inhabitants of the Yahar'gul. The clue is in the soundtrack before the Paleblood Moon appears. It's basically a chanting of some sort, and I remembered hearing it relatively louder if you approach the closer door, vaguely implying the ritual is in progress behind it and I vaguely remembering some enemies prostrating themselves in that direction. And yet, it seems the "resurrection" proceed to fuck the villagers, turning them into stones as they tried to run away from the plaza, and then they're used by the Bell Ringers as cannon fodder across Paleblood-period Yahar'gul.

Here is a translation a guy and I worked on in gamefaqs for this.

Maledictus
Donum libas
Inficimur
Maledictus bestia

Maledictus
Pater do si donas.
Inficimur
Argentum aquae in tenebris.

Mater sanguine
Redemptio risa se
Exciet exciet.
Flebatur a salis.

Vale, vale,
Inficimur
In tenebris aquae.

Maledictus
Et argentum aquae.
Inficimur
Et argentum aquae.

Sanguine!
Sanguine!

(Cursed)
You pour out your gift.
We are tainted.
(Cursed by the beast)

(Cursed)
O Father I surrender, if you grant it.
We are tainted.
Silver in the shadows of the water.

O Mother from the blood,
Redemption, having been laughed at,
rouses itself, rouses itself.
It is lamented by the waters(?) .

Farewell, farewell.
We are tainted
In the shadows of the water.

(Cursed)
And the silver of the water.
We are tainted.
And the silver of the water.

From the blood.
From the blood.

Alkarl

Learned
Another connection for the PC being Oedon:

If we equate Oedon to Azathoth, who is said to be dreaming our reality from outside of time and space, that it's said if he awakens the dream ends and we all likely blink out of existence, then we can draw the conclusion that Oedon is actually both dreaming the Hunt/Yharnam and taking part in it.
When you slay a Great One, Kos, Mergo, Amygdala, it says Nightmare Slain, but the nightmare/dream does not end: The Hunters Nightmare persists, the Old Hunters Nightmare persists, The Nightmare of Mensis persists. The only time this changes is if you choose the sunrise ending. It's implied this would not end the hunt, but there is no proof this isn't the case.
While many hunters claim to have "dreamed", that is to say they have been to Gerhmans dream, the Hunters Dream, Djura, Eileen, etc, just because they "awoke" does not make them the original dreamer. You can kill Gerhman and still fight the Moon Presence in the Hunters dream meaning that even Gerhman is not the original dreamer.
The dream only ends when YOU the player awaken. Not to mention, the Yharnam state of the dream revolves entirely around your actions what with the moon phases, etc.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
He's "ressurected" by the Pthumerian Bell Ringers in the plaza before you go into the Nightmare of Mensis,
I think it's not just the Bell Ringers who summoned the One Reborn, but also the entire inhabitants of the Yahar'gul. The clue is in the soundtrack before the Paleblood Moon appears. It's basically a chanting of some sort, and I remembered hearing it relatively louder if you approach the closer door, vaguely implying the ritual is in progress behind it and I vaguely remembering some enemies prostrating themselves in that direction. And yet, it seems the "resurrection" proceed to fuck the villagers, turning them into stones as they tried to run away from the plaza, and then they're used by the Bell Ringers as cannon fodder across Paleblood-period Yahar'gul.

I remember when I saw the Bloodborne trailer with the song below I was so hyped up. Kept watching the trailer and release seemed so far away. Great fucking trailer and great song

Black Angel

Arcane
Alright, real talk. I think Bloodborne is the peak of Fromsoft's quality of OSTs so far. Especially the ones that have theatrical opera (or whatever it's called, I'm not sure) in it.

And my personal favorite:

praetor

Arcane
BB is absolutely, without question, the peak of From OST in pretty much every way. you are allowed to like other OSTs more, just be aware that the BB one is still the best :P

iirc, it's also the only one recorded with an actual live orchestra (sure as hell sounds like it, particularly when compared to all the other From OSTs). Sony splurged some serious money for BB

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

This ominous chant gave me chills the first time I entered the Unseen Village. Such an amazing track, the music alone sets the atmosphere.

Any game OST is important to the game. But I felt that the soundtrack of Bloodborne played a massive part in creating the atmosphere of the game as well. I can't imagine Bloodborne with any other soundtrack.

Silva

Arcane
How can you fags bring up BB OST and not cite Laurence:

This is the anthem of the game. The lyrics, the emotional punch (I love the change to pure violin midway). This fight is the true final, because it encapsulates what the whole game is about.

P.S: they used the same technique for the Abyss Watchers track (the sudden change midway) but to lesser effect. Take a look:

Alkarl

Learned
Sorry, too busy screaming like a maniac at his fucking bullshit to hear the music.

Yo, lemme help you with that:
Phase 1 hang back and use hit and run attacks after he combos. If you can proc his slam combo you should be able to break his head/arms in a couple of attacks and then visceral. Depending on your gems Ng cycle, this could kill him or send him straight to phase 2.

Phase 2 just stay close to his little hand and wreck his shit. Only damage you should take is from touching his butt lava when he starts tearing ass in circles. Just watch out for the sweep/lunge he sometimes does.

Don't get greedy and he's super easy.

Machocruz

Arcane
I feel pity for anyone who thought that Witcher 3 could even fuck with Bloodborne that year. The former is just meandering, has-been and quaint compared to the latter. Meanwhile, the vision for Bloodborne was laser sharp, the concepts and presentation: ahead of the curve. It's sound in its pertinent areas of game design, then on top of that you get an extra helping of style/rule of cool shit that soggy AAA western games mostly lack. What in any of them can compare to seeing BITCH SLAUGHTERED phase onto screen with your enemy vanishing into a huge gout of blood and/or ghostly white mist after a grueling battle, with a choir in the background? And your character looking dapper af during it all.

I think low T specimens and dweebs detest games like this. Too exciting, too challenging, too stylish, too cool. Too chad, basically. Notice how they always say something like "I play games to relax," "unwind after work" when you bring up the lack of challenge in most (non-indie and jap) games. They accuse others of playing and loving games like this to win hardkor kreds. I've even seen "toxic masculinity" used in a couple cases. Meanwhile a male with regular functioning test could work a 9 hour manual labor job, maybe hit the gym afterward, then come home and play Cuphead for 2 hours. Well, soy gonna soy I guess.

Hyperion

Arcane
Sorry, too busy screaming like a maniac at his fucking bullshit to hear the music.

Yo, lemme help you with that:
Phase 1 hang back and use hit and run attacks after he combos. If you can proc his slam combo you should be able to break his head/arms in a couple of attacks and then visceral. Depending on your gems Ng cycle, this could kill him or send him straight to phase 2.

Phase 2 just stay close to his little hand and wreck his shit. Only damage you should take is from touching his butt lava when he starts tearing ass in circles. Just watch out for the sweep/lunge he sometimes does.

Don't get greedy and he's super easy.
Lol thanks, but it was just a joke. Killed him awhile ago, he was just a pain in the ass because every attack has a lingering hitbox.

Silva

Arcane
Charred Hunter set, all the vials I could carry + rune for extra vials, Chikage charged attack. Easy.
Except the part in which I didn't pay attention and killed myself with the Chikage. :obviously:
Oh man I love the Chikage. When I use her, I do so gently, no rush, tapping the buttons rhythmically, at just the right moment for each hit to chain from each other. No other weapon gives me such pleasure.

Alkarl

Learned
I started a bloodtinge build and picked up the Lost Chikage as my main. Aiming for +10 and good gems before I fight Amelia, after which I hear Sinclairs Bow.. thing.. is a good secondary weapon.

What do you guys typically use off-hand on any build? Pistol, torch, cannon, etc. What works well for ya'll? I mostly just use the pea-shooter you get at the beginning. I assumed guns were just shitty and only good for parries so thats how I use it.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I feel pity for anyone who thought that Witcher 3 could even fuck with Bloodborne that year. The former is just meandering, has-been and quaint compared to the latter. Meanwhile, the vision for Bloodborne was laser sharp, the concepts and presentation: ahead of the curve. It's sound in its pertinent areas of game design, then on top of that you get an extra helping of style/rule of cool shit that soggy AAA western games mostly lack. What in any of them can compare to seeing BITCH SLAUGHTERED phase onto screen with your enemy vanishing into a huge gout of blood and/or ghostly white mist after a grueling battle, with a choir in the background? And your character looking dapper af during it all.

I think low T specimens and dweebs detest games like this. Too exciting, too challenging, too stylish, too cool. Too chad, basically. Notice how they always say something like "I play games to relax," "unwind after work" when you bring up the lack of challenge in most (non-indie and jap) games. They accuse others of playing and loving games like this to win hardkor kreds. I've even seen "toxic masculinity" used in a couple cases. Meanwhile a male with regular functioning test could work a 9 hour manual labor job, maybe hit the gym afterward, then come home and play Cuphead for 2 hours. Well, soy gonna soy I guess.
Chadborne is not for the faint of heart. I remember when Bloodborne just came out I was working a lot of long hours and got home really really late from work. But I fired up Bloodborne as fast as I could when I got home from work. It's a shame how pussified and easy modern games have become. A lot of modern gamers have become a bunch of faggot that want everything easy. Reviewers are even worse. "Mainstream" gaming sites have become so bad it's laughable. And they have to put politics in all their shit. That's why I like Japanese devs because they don't give a fuck about politics. You know gaming is fucked when the developer of a game calls out IGN for their lack of skill. (Ace Combat 7's producer shat all over IGN).

Perkel

Arcane
Anyone who wants to play it for free on their PC
Playstation Now has 7days trial promo.

Just registernew psn account from their site and choose UK and put some random garbage.
You need to have pad, CC card and around 10mbit internet speed.
And voila you can finish BB on your PC without issues completely for free just change in account sub renewal to "off"

I tried it from poland and i didn't notice any huge lag. That is very minimal lag but doesn't feel that much different from actual PS4

Perkel

Arcane
I tried it from poland and i didn't notice any huge lag.
That Polish internet must be godlike because here in the US, PS Now lags like shit on an actual PS4 Pro.

Yeah from what i read you are fucked beyond words.
I live right now in rural area and i have 30mbit/s If i would move to nearest small city (around 10k people) i would get 1Gbit/s for about 90zl which is about 23$ with tax and no limits on data (neither i have that limit now).

There is naturally argument about how Europe is more dense but that argument doesn't seem to work out when you take into account prices and coverage in bigger metropolitan areas in US.

It is like total gangbang with horses.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Hey friends. Playing this after Sekiro for the first time.

I'm leveling Bloodtinge and didn't read any guides. I'm level 35 and at a boss called Ludwig. I'm a little lost. I killed a sexy beast called Vicar Amelia and some witches after but I'm not sure where to go to progress. This Ludwig dude seems tough.

There's also a boss that's much harder than anything in Sekiro: Darkbeast Paarl. The camera is such that I am always swinging at nothing or can't see his animations. It's been frustrating. Nothing in Sekiro was that unfair-feeling.

Regular enemies are very easy after Sekiro because I can parry anyone with my starting pistol.

I'm using the axe. Haven't found any other weapon I like yet. 10 STR, 14 DEX 15 END 15 VIT and like 30 BLOODTINGE.

Any tips?

Edit: the graphics and attention to detail are spectacular. Never seen a world that well realized. It's like they hand-crafted every brick.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I only have the axe at +6. I guess I could use the cane.

How do I level my starting pistol? It's +1 but I'm not sure how I leveled it. It doesn't show up in the upgrade screen so I'm not sure what mats it needs.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
There's also a boss that's much harder than anything in Sekiro: Darkbeast Paarl. The camera is such that I am always swinging at nothing or can't see his animations. It's been frustrating. Nothing in Sekiro was that unfair-feeling.

Just play unlocked?? he's nowhere near spastic enough to be undoable without lock-on, unlike many sekiro bosses so just play unlocked and you'll be doing fine. Unlocked and stay underneath him or by his sides.

Comparing this to sekiro bosses.. he's more like royal rat authority, except with an occasional AoE but that one has a lot of visual cues.

Sekiro is the only game in the souls series I felt camera issues with because unlike games like BB, it is unplayable without lockon.
If the camera is fucking with you nothing forces you to lock on in previous soulsborne games.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Believe it or not, I've never played any Souls boss unlocked. Same for Sekiro.

Guess I can try.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom