Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Bloodstained - Koji Igarashi's new metroidvania game

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Somberlain how do you avoid the water spout attack on the first boss (when she is at the end of the ship and sends it out in a straight line)? I ended up just avoiding everything else, getting hit twice, and killing her with the greatsword, which seems OP.

You hide behind the enemies the boss summons.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Just did this one section where you have to foot race this one demon and if you beat him you get his ability (which is worth it). I was able to cheese through it with the armor that makes you invulnerable to traps, plus using the great sword technique where you run fast, with some dimension shifting when appropriate. :positive:

There was no chievo for beating him. :negative:

Last edited:

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I don’t trust this sexy nun. She’s the big bad, isn’t she?

She looks good to me.

1561510559-Ragecndy-artist-Castlevania-5100029.jpg

Her running animation is a gift.

Got the bad ending, the fight was pretty easy after finding the retro level. (retro level was a stretch goal so not a spoiler). I couldn't beat Devil Sans without spamming heals so I'll come back later.

Found the Celeste Room, though. It's...weird. Some investigation going on here and here.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I'm too weak for this game. First i was like "max every shard before moving forth" but then i'm like "fuck ghosts! i'm almost lvl 15 and want to fight boss already" So ghost shard is still lvl 1.:negative:

Reinhardt

Arcane
I'm too weak for this game. First i was like "max every shard before moving forth" but then i'm like "fuck ghosts! i'm almost lvl 15 and want to fight boss already" So ghost shard is still lvl 1.:negative:
Yes, it was wise decision. There is much better places to hunt ghosts later.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Just did this one section where you have to foot race this one demon and if you beat him you get his ability (which is worth it). I was able to cheese through it with the armor that makes you invulnerable to traps, plus using the great sword technique where you run fast, with some dimension shifting when appropriate. :positive:

There was no chievo for beating him. :negative:

You do however get the most useful shard in the entire game that I was waiting literally years to have

Curratum

Do go ahead and spoil us on the shard, precious. I spent 15 minutes trying to beat him and then I gave up.

Silentstorm

Learned
Question, was i the only one that felt like putting the cheat to play on Hard mode in the very first playthrough?

Heard that normal was way too easy, so i did that to get a challenge, imagine my suprise when every enemy seemed to take a lot of my HP, the first boss could even take me out with three or four attacks from either her or those annoying tentacled monsters that shoot those water bubbles but are required to avoid an attack even if they could still hurt you.

Have to admit, it just ended up making me try a lot harder to avoid everything, though after you get out of the ship, the game became easier, though i remember getting to Zangetsu and seeing him take a lot of my HP with just one attack.

So, hard mode(haven't tried normal) can best be summed up as "First part you just really don't feel like damage boosting at all in some parts and then game becomes easier, but you still really really don't want to get hit during the early parts",

DonGabo

Novice
Do go ahead and spoil us on the shard, precious. I spent 15 minutes trying to beat him and then I gave up.
You turn into Sonic. Incredibly fast and the speed increases your jump distance considerably. Also, you hit enemies as you run for minor damage. Trivializes most fights, since you can outspace every attack by hit and run tactics.
To defeat the ninja just use the shard that lets you teleport. Time freezes when you are teleporting.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Got spiral sword from some knight. Really enjoying ghost hunting with it.

There is passive shards for all weapons later, right?

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ates_to_fix_performance_of_the_switch_version

Last week, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players encountered a "game-breaking bug" in Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. With this problem now resolved, Koji Igarashi and his team have shifted their attention to the Switch release.

According to an article over on Polygon, the Switch version is in a "pretty bad" state and has serious frame-rate and optimisation issues.

In response to these in-game performance and stability issues, 505 Games Senior Community Manager Jason Ryan has posted an update (via Kickstarter) about how they intend to improve the Switch version with multiple "small updates" rather than forcing players to wait for a bigger one. Here it is:

We have been listening to the feedback regarding Switch performance. Our goal is for everyone, regardless of platform, to be able to enjoy the game and have it run smoothly. We want to live up to your, and our, expectations.

Throughout the QA process we have been addressing performance issues in the game. Update 1.01 was published to Switch prior to launch to add content and improve performance. It did not accomplish as much as we had hoped and we need to do more.

To address the concerns brought up by the community we are immediately shifting resources to improve performance and stability for the Switch. You can expect a number of small updates that will improve different areas of the game rather than waiting longer for one big update. We will have more details as we dive into the work.

We thank you for your patience and apologize for the inconvenience.

This, unfortunately, isn't the first time there have been concerns about the Switch version of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.

Earlier this year in April, 505 Games had to address a "significant overheating issue" when the PAX East Switch demo experienced frame rate and performance issues. In this same post, it was revealed the final version of the game would maintain a resolution of 720p and run at 30fps.

Kaivokz

Arcane
Rhava bural + portrait spell is OP. I beat the last two bosses I found
bird & stained glass
in one attempt using no healing items.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom